Status: Very slow updating.

Adenah

Bored

"-denah! Hey! Wake up!" Alec's voice sounded.

"Ughhhh." I groaned, opening an eye. "What happened?"

"You hit your head." he replied, looking releived.

"That explains the headache..." I moaned, rubbing my temples.

"Get her some asprin." he said to the nurse.

She nodded and walked out of the room.

"Jeez, I thought you were never going to wake up. You scared the heck out of me!" he said, brushing the hair from my forehead.

"Sorry." I said, sheepishly.

He shook his head.

"Only you could hurt yourself on a bed." he replied.

"Hey! It was your fault." I said, shoving him lightly.

"Hey now, don't start anything. We don't need a repeat of this." he said, chuckling.

"I could take you." i replied, taking the pills and cup of water fromt he nurse. "Thanks."

Swallowing the pills, I sit back.

"So, when can we get outta here?" I said, looking around. I never liked clinics, hospitals, anything like that.

Gave me the creeps. Alec held out his hand.

"C'mon. I gotta show you something." he replied, grinning.

I took his hand without hesitation, letting him pull me out of bed. We left the room and walked through the halls. I had no clue where we were but Alec seemed to know where he was going so I wasn't worried.

We passed by many scientists and guards who watched us closely. It made me feel uneasy.

"Here." he said, nodding out the window.

The sun was setting and it painted the landscape in soft pastels. I was in awe.

"Wow..." i breathed, stepping closer to the glass.

I felt Alec slowly slip his arm around me.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he whispered.

I nodded. His arm didn't bother me too much but something in my head told me it should.

We watched the sunset till the sky went dark and then we were escorted back to our room.

We went to be without much said.

I drifted off to the sound of Alec's breathing.

The next day went the same as all the others: wake up, eat, shower, get dressed, walk around, eat, chill in our room, eat, get ready for bed, sleep. That's all we did for day after day, week after week until I got fed up.

"Can we do something else?" i groaned during lunch one day.

Alec looked up from his sandwich.

"LIke what??" he asked.

"I shrugged.

"I don't know, something."

"well, we could... do a puzzle?"

"We did a puzzle yesturday."

"Watch a movie?"

"Did that two days ago."

"Go for a walk?"

"Did that Monday."

"Well, I don't know what to do then."

I sighed, and looked up at the ceiling.

Being at this lab was so boring. Couldn't they at least test on us? Ask us questions? SOMETHING.

I sighed again and looked at Alec.

"You seem to know a lot about what we can and cant do and where we are allowed to go." I stated.

He shrugged. "So?"

"Yet you don't know why we are here?"

He looked down at his food and took another bite

"No."

"Can't we ask?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Just because."

"You know something don't you?"

"Drop it Adenah."

"What?"

"Just drop it."

"I'm not hurting anything."

"Adenah PLEASE."

"I'm just asking questions!"

"ADENAH! QUIT. IT!" he growled.

I looked at him in shock. He's never yelled at me. He leaned forward and gripped my shoulders hard.

"Just stop asking questions, Adenah." he said harshly.

"But I-"

"STOP. You can get yourself KILLED if you don't just STOP." he said.

I was frozen by his tone and by the painful grip he had on my arms.

"Alec, you're hurting me. Alec? Alec stop!" i looked into his eyes desperately.

The mint smelling boy came in then. Alec quickly let go of me and stood, walking over to the window, facing away from me. I just sat there, eyes watering, frozen in fear of what I just witnessed. The boy walked over and picked up our trays. He looked over at Alec then at me, he reached out and caressed my cheek softly, pain filling his eyes as he looked at the forming bruises on my upper arms. His touch made me feel safe. He looked once more at Alec before grabbing the trays and walking out without a word. Alec turned and walked over to me. I flinched when his hand raised.

"I'm sorry, Adenah. I just... I've been couped up here so long... I-I just get frustrated. I'm sorry." he apologized, caressing my shoulder.

"I-It's okay..." I mumbled softly.

I stood from the table and went to lay down on my bed. I layed there till it was time to go to bed. I refused to eat dinner, no matter how much Alec begged. There was something wrong. I was starting to see that. Alec was acting different from what I remember about him.

That night, I spent a lot of time going through what I could remember about childhood Alec. His features were different. His hair was lighter now. When he was little it was almost black, now it was almost a chestnut color. I tried to remember his eyes but putting his light brown eyes with his dark hair just didn't seem to go together. After a while of trying to reach into my brain as far as I could go, I started to get a headache, so I figured it was time to stop and I slowly drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and criticize please!