Escape

2

Victoria's pov

Once we had entered the restaurant, I felt less scared, but i was still alert. I can't believe that i allowed myself to put my guard down. I should be used to keeping watch for attacks. Well anyways, by the time we left, the idiots that attacked us had left. I guess Commander Fuzzy Fur scared them off. He had also managed to eat most the grass there. Every so often, it looked like Dameon was going to say something but decided not to. We have been silent since those kids appeared, but strangely enough, it wasn't really an awkward silence.We were about to go back when Commander Fuzzy Fur decided to get ice cream, of course Dameon had to buy it for him though, seeing that he is a llama. "Hey, umm do you want ice cream?" Dameon asked me, finally breaking the silence. "Sure." I couldn't help but smile at his shyness. I ended up getting vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, Dameon got mint chocolate chip, and Commander Fuzzy Fur got Chocolate with hot fudge, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and other toppings that i honestly don't think are even eatable. While eating ice cream, we were once again approached by a group of people, except this time it was a group of girls. Dameon mumbled something under his breath, but i didn't quite hear it. It sounded like he said"Not again" but i'm not sure. "I'm sorry about all the random people today...they're from my school, and well....I'm not that popular let's just say..." Dameon looked kind of ashamed while saying it. Like he was scared that I would walk away since he wasn't popular or some nonsense like that. "I see. Well, let's just get them to leave then."

Dameon's pov

"I see. Well, let's just get them to leave then." Victoria replied with a smile. This surprised me. Usually people care about their social status and what not, but why didn't Victoria care? I mean, she's pretty. She could easily fit in with the popular kids if she wanted to. She was probably even popular at whatever school she goes to now. So why doesn't she just join their side? "We're friends, right? So why would it matter if you're popular or not?" It was as if Victoria could read my mind. I smiled and then turned to the group of girl's. "What do you want?" I asked bluntly. "Oh we just want to meet your new friend, I mean, it's not every day that the little orphan boy get's a friend." The girl in front replied. That nickname bothered me. A lot. "I didn't mind "emo boy" to much, but "Orphan boy"? really? It's not my fault that my dad died in a car crash! It's not my fault that my mum was murdered!" I didn't even realize that i had said that out loud, but everyone's shocked face told me that I did, and that i was very loud about it. I was fighting hard to keep tears from falling, but i don't think that it would be possible. I'm just sick of this. I don't want to be constantly reminded of my parents. But every time i forget, someone brings the subject up again. Before i even realized it, I was walking away. Back home i guess, but i'm not quite sure. I was walking away from everyone. The group of girls. Commander Fuzzy Fur. Victoria. "Victoria!" I'm not sure why her name triggered something in my brain, but i was turning around and walking back to her...them i mean. Once i reached them, i grabbed Victoria's hand, causing her to blush a little, but i acted like i didn't notice. Next, i told Commander Fuzzy Fur to follow me, and he did so without hesitation. "Dameon...Are you okay?" Victoria seemed worried about me. "Yeah...I'm...I'm f-fine." I can't stop the tears. Part of me hoped, and knew that she would believe the lie i told her, despite the stuttering, but the other part wanted her to say--My thoughts were cut off when Victoria replied with what i wanted to hear, as if she were finishing my thoughts. "No you're not."