Escape

3

Victoria's pov

Dameon looked at me in shock. He couldn't actually think that i would believe that he is "okay." He sounds like hes going to cry. There's no way he could possibly be okay. I would ask what was wrong, but i already knew, but i couldn't just sit there. "Don't let them get to you. Their just trying to make you mad." I tried getting him into a happier mood. Maybe if he realized that what they said didn't matter. But then again, to him. it did matter, I could tell that. I knew i couldn't understand. I didn't know what it was like to have both of my parents killed. Although, even if they did die, I don't think i would care much, i mean, they did make my life miserable. So if he's sad, does that mean that his parent's weren't like mine? How come people like my parents get to live while parent's like his have to die? "You don't understand. Have you ever had to come home to the news that your father was dead? Have you ever had to watch your mom get murdered? Had to watch while a psychopath tore your mom apart with a knife, torturing her, but you were too scared to help? too terrified to even help?" By this point he was crying. I honestly had no idea what that felt like, and could never even imagine how much pain he must feel.

Dameon's pov

I didn't mean to yell at her, but i couldn't help it. She could never understand the pain i'm in. I should have never even became her friend. I just cause trouble for everyone around me, so why? Why did I try to be her friend? She'll probably end up like my mom and dad. Dead. "No. I don't know what it feels like, and i can't possibly begin to imagine how you must feel." I don't see why she hasn't just walked away yet. Oh...well it may be because i have a tight grip on her wrist, but still. She hasn't told me to let go. She hasn't tried to pull away. She will never understand. I want her to stop trying to understand, but at the same time, i want her to understand. Selfish right? Trying to drag her into my pain. This should make her understand. Possibly. "What if your mom and dad died? What if you could have stopped it, but didn't? How would you feel to have their deaths on your mind for the rest of your life?" "What am i doing? I can't drag her into this." "Honestly, I'd be glad if my parents died." She looked at the ground seeming rather ashamed about her reply. "H-how could you be glad? They're your parents! They take care of you! Feed you! Protect you! Help--" "No they don't!" Victoria cut me off. She began to explain, although she seemed to hesitate. "Your parent's may have, but not mine. My dad is an alcoholic that can't even keep a job. My mom is a heroin addict and is constantly high and occasionally drunk as well. The only reason we had a place to live was because my grandpa payed for it. Both my parents abused me. Emotionally and physically. They kept telling me that I was the reason they were like this. I'm just a freak. I should just die. I used to get kicked out of the house at least twice a month and would stay on the street for about a week before i was aloud back in. Any money we had went towards beer and drugs. I had to beg my grandpa for money so that i could buy food and clothes. Once he actually gave me some, I bought clothes and enough food to last me for at least three weeks. Soon, my mom figured out that i had money and didn't give it to her so she could buy her precious drugs, so she kept slamming my head into the wall. I ended up with a concussion but didn't go to the hospital. I was only nine when that happened. Now I have random blackouts. That's why i was passed out earlier. Well, eventually, i got sick of the abuse. Sick of the alcohol and drugs. and just sick of them, so, i ran away. So don't even begin to tell me that they love me. That they protected me. Because guess what. They didn't. I'm sorry that your parents are dead, and I'm sorry that you had to go through watching your mom die, but like i said, i can't even begin to imagine what that feels like." I couldn't even comprehend what she was telling me. What kind of monster would do something like that? especially to their own child. That's just sick. I could never understand what that must have been like. My parents always cared about me. "....I'm sorry.." "Good job idiot. She tells you she was abused and all you can come up with is I'm sorry?"

Victoria's pov

I honestly didn't mean to tell Dameon all of that. How could telling him that have helped? He triggered something by asking what i would do if they died. Was i supposed to lie? I'm supposed to try to understand, not make him feel terrible about making and assumption. "....I'm sorry.." Was all he said. It was obvious that he didn't understand my situation, as i didn't understand his.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone actually read this far, than thanks for reading :p i hope you are enjoying it so far and please subscribe if you want :3