Status: New Wednesday Story! I will post every Wednesday!

Stay

Stay: Chapter 1

What are some words to describe falling in love? The typical girl would say breathtaking, beautiful, lovely things like that.
Well, I had always thought falling in love would be like that. For me, I mean. My mom had told me the story of her and Dad’s story, and I thought everyone’s was like that. I thought love had only had happiness in store.
Not everyone’s.
“Mom, I’m going to school,” I told my mother.
“Okay, bye hon,” she replied. “Be careful on the roads.”
I knew what she meant. We live in Miami, and the roads are crazy. A lot of the drivers are assholes. Trust me.
I entered my car, and I began to drive. It was the first day of 11th grade. I was mildly excited. Considering I’d been at the same High School, some people, and nothing was new, I figured it was going to be pretty average. I’d only have new teachers.
I walked inside of the school. I looked at the sheet that told me my teachers and locker number. I was locker 223. I walked over to there, and I opened it. I stuffed my backpack inside, and gathered stuff.
I had to go to Mrs. Jenkin’s biology class first. I walked inside, and seeing only familiar faces. Except for one. It must’ve been a new student. The board had a message:
You can pick your seats. Choose wisely, because if you are chitchatting with your neighbor, you’ll be moved.
I was basically the last one in the class, so I had to sit beside the new kid.
He had blonde hair, and sea-green eyes that sparkled like crazy. They were beautiful. His blonde hair was untidy--but it was in an attractive way. I loved it. He looked very athletic, a tan; like most other guys here in Miami. He--he was different though.
Mrs. Jenkin’s walked into the room. “Hello, class, I’m Mrs. Jenkin’s. This is your biology class. Unlike Mr. Cello’s class, we don’t do labs. I prefer book work.”
Someone groaned. “I also find groaning and moaning during class is rude.”
The class was explained.I wasn’t paying attention because I kept sneaking glances at the new boy. I found him--mesmerizing. He was a sight--yes--very attractive, but had not said a word or found any interest in look at others. He acted like he’d been at this school ever since 9th grade.
Class ended. The boy stood up. He was very tall, which made him more striking.
After class, we had about 6 minutes in the hallway. I had already had my stuff for my next class--Algebra--so I decided to talk to my friends, Kelly, James, and A.J.
James was cracking jokes. He has a very idiosyncratic sense of humor.
I was kind of zoned out. “Are you thinking about that new kid?” Kelly asked.
“W-what?” I was kind of caught off guard by the question. How did she know?
“I saw you staring at him! He’s very attractive, don’t worry. I won’t tell.” She winked.
I’m very sensitive about stuff like that. What I mean is I’m kind of shy.
I realized we didn’t have much time to get to class, so we hurried to class.
I had Algebra class with James. The guy--the new guy--was already there. We had assigned seats. My seat was next to his--again.
I hadn’t really been paying attention the whole class--until my name was called. “Yes, sir?” I asked.
“Can you please help Connor here around? The school is a bit confusing to him, so could you help him? Your other teacher told me you had every class with him.”
My heart leapt. Don’t sound too excited, Kayla. “Yes sir,” I said.
Connor looked at me as if I should have been jumping out of my seat because I was with him. I couldn’t show him I liked him, though. That would have been too embarrassing.
Class ended, and he confronted me. “Kayla, right?” he asked with a deep voice. His voice was amazing. It made me want to melt.
“Yeah,” I said.
“Do you want to walk to English together? I mean, I’m kind of confused where it is.”
“Oh--that’s fine. I know where it is. Just follow me.” English was kind of far from Algebra, so I could see him being a little confused.
“I haven’t got to introduce myself,” he said. “I’m Connor.”
 “Oh--I’m--I--”
“I know, Kayla,” he said.
“Thanks--I mean, sorry. So where were you before this? You know, where did you live before?”
“I lived in Munich, Germany.” he said.
“Do you speak German?” I asked.
“Yes, I do.”
“Cool. Can you speak some to me?”
“Hallo, wie gehts dir?” he said, grinning perfectly.
“What does that mean?” I asked, very giggly. I couldn’t believe I was with someone--and not shaking. I mean, around people, I always get nervous and kind of want to run away. This was so different--he was a complete stranger though!
“It means, hello, how are you?”
“In that case, I’m good. How are you?”
“I’m great, because I’m with a smart, beautiful girl.”
My heart stopped for a second. He--he likes me? He thinks I’m smart? Beautiful?
“I--I’m going into class now!” I ran to class.
I found my seat, and I sat.
It felt so rude to say that to him. I just kind of ditched him. But I couldn’t believe he’d say that. I wondered if he was single. I shut my eyes tight.
“Miss, are you okay?” I heard a voice. It was our English teacher.
“Yes, yes! Just a little tired...”
“Okay, I was making sure.”
People piled in the class. To my horror, Connor sat next to me. I knew I couldn’t avoid him the whole day. . .
“Hey, Kayla, what happened?”
I kept my head straight, paying attention the teacher. “Kayla? Do you hear?”
“Connor? Kayla is trying to pay attention. Please don’t get into trouble on your first day.”
“Yes sir,” he replied.
The teacher continued.
Connor just had kind of made me feel chagrined. I’m not really into teachers calling my name, or talking about me during class. It’s not a great experience for me.
After class ended, lunch came about. I quickly exited the class before he could get to me, but as I was walking to the lunchroom, he caught me.
“What happened? We were just talking. You ran off.”
“Sorry, I--I thought I saw a spider. I’m--sorry.”
“It’s okay. I guess I was just a bit surprised when you ran off.”
“Sorry.”
We walked into lunchroom silently. I sat next to Kelly, James and A.J.
“I saw what happened,” James said to me.
“What--I--what?” I replied.
“What happened?” Kelly asked.
“Well, she’s the new guy’s--Connor’s--helper.”
My face turned beat red. “Guys,” I said. “We are just friends!”
“Yeah right,” A.J. said. “I saw you in the hallway talking and laughing!”
“We’re friends!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like the story. It's not Wednesday and I'm sorry. I'm going to get Bloody Hands up. Then, I'll get Nothing Comes Together up. Sorry. :(