And Then There Was Snow

1

"I don't want to go back." Albus moans, attempting to blow his dark hair out of his eyes. Lily rolls hers. Albus shoves her to the side, her bright red hair flailing everywhere.

"Stop it you two!" Georgia says, pushing a curly brown strand behind her ear. I nod. Rose places her hand on Albus' and tries a gentler approach.

"Why not?" she whispers, sending us a glare of death.

"Damned Scorpius is just going to bully me again." he mutters, then shields his head in his hands, knowing what's coming.

There's a spark somewhere above my left eyebrow. "What is it that you have against Scorpius?" I demand, earning a general shunning from the others.

"Nothing at all, Morgana, he just gest it from his dad!" he spits back. There's another spark, this time above my left.

Morgana. He used the nickname. The one the general population call me, it's a twist on my middle name, but the added name somehow connects me to Merlin's former, rather evil, student. Yay.

"What about my father?" says a small voice from the doorway.

"Oh, just that he's a stuck up prat!" snaps Albus.

"He's not! How dare you, with that blind bat for a parental unit!" Scorpius retorts, grey eyes aflame.

"Hey!" James shouts, pulling out his wand and pointing it at Scorpius as I pull out mine and aim right between Albus' eyes. "What are you doing here anyway?"

The train hits a bump on the track, and James falls on his backside, ruining the threatening effect. "Bliss invited me."

There's a unanimous groan throughout the cabin, accompanied with the spare "Why in the name of Merlin would you do that?" and "What, the Slytherin slime?"

Athena, another Slytherin, folds her arms and huffs. "Typical."

"Scorpius is my friend!" I interject before anything worse can happen. "Just like Athena is Jame's!" He tries to look innocent, to no prevail. He looks like an overstuffed pidgeon.

Just then the wizened snack trolley witch hobbles outside our cabin door, and, after assessing the situation, continues past with a worried expression. "Wait!" Hugo cries, bursting out the open doors after her. "I want cauldron cakes!"

"He takes after dad." Rose sighs.

"We're nearly there. I'm going to go change into my robes." Lily says in clear desperation. Rose follows.

"Forget it. You'll never get along no matter what I do." I mutter and storm out after them.