Status: one at a time...

Give Me Anything

one

"What are you doing?"
I rolled my eyes before turning around to face my sister. This had been going on for weeks, this whole 'caring sister' act and I was really growing tired of it. If it hadn't been for the fact that I didn't know anyone in Tempe besides her and the next door neighbor, Jared, I might have offed myself already. But, even then, that was too much effort for my lazy self.
"I'm looking outside, what does it look like I'm doing, Robyn?" I replied, my tone snarky. Robyn was getting used to it, though. She'd been so bothered by my attitude before that I don't think she had any energy left.
"I know that," she said, frustrated. "But what are you doing?"
I rolled my eyes again, watching her eyes flick to the cigarette tray before returning to me accusingly.
"You're not smoking again, are you?"
I scoffed. "Duh."
Robyn's pretty face grew outraged at she looked at me, her blue eyes scrunching up in that way they always did when she was pissed. "You've got to be kidding me, Quinn! What the fuck!"
I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Is cursing what we've resorted to when expressing our feelings, now?"
"Oh god, cut the crap Quinn! I don't ask for anything, just don't smoke in the house! Shit!" Robyn stomped out of the room after saying this. I shrugged my shoulders and tossed my long brown hair over my shoulder before turning back to the window and picking up my now-dead cigarette.
"Damn," I cursed. Now I'd have to get more, as that had been my last one. I stared at the Marlboro, silently mourning its death. "Rest in peace."
Sighing, I snatched my keys off my dresser along with my black Ray Ban Wayfarers and headed outside to my car. It was a semi-shitty thing, with air conditioning that only turned on occasionally and mileage that sucked, but it was completely mine.
I ignored my chiming phone as I pulled out of the driveway to my house, knowing it was Robyn probably calling to ask me where in the hell I thought I was going. I understood she freaked out over love, but the girl just had to chill out sometimes.
Pulling into the gas station I knew was right outside of my new neighborhood, I was inside and bought some new Marlboro Reds along with some energy shot that was probably going to give me a heart attack and some M&Ms. Deciding to fill up my tank as well, I paid at the register and headed outside.
I jumped as I exited, a white van pulling up to the curb beside the store so close to me I thought I was going to die. I prayed to God before realizing I wasn't going to be hit and headed to my car, glaring at the van.
The driver was a younger guy with straight brown hair that fell just past his shoulders. He waved sheepishly at me as a taller, lanky figure hopped out of the passenger's side door. The newcomer was roaring with laughter, his light brown hair swept to the side as he jumped out.
"Pat, you shithead! You almost hit this lovely lady!"
Pat, the driver (I assumed), continued to wave sheepishly at me.
The one who had jumped out introduced himself quickly. "My name's Kennedy. Kennedy Brock. The aforementioned shithead behind the wheel is Pat."
I glanced at him weirdly before giving him my hand hesitantly. "Quinn."
"Quinn. That's cute. As an apology for my friend's rudeness, Miss Quinn, would you like to come to my band's house party tomorrow night? You'll be completely safe, I promise."
I laughed and shook my head. "Not too sure about that."
"It'll be great! So you're coming?" Kennedy pleaded, his eyes becoming very similar to that of a puppy.
"I'll think about it!" I laughed. "Think."
He smiled. "That's enough for me. Westend street, okay? Around 8. Be there!"
I laughed again, watching him bounce away. "Thinking!"
♠ ♠ ♠
blahdhejvfkuyer