Status: Hiatus.

Soul Bound

Chapter 4 - Desperation

Chapter 4 - Desperation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With that, they where tied up and weapons removed as they where each on a horse with a soldier. The ride and the bumping was painful and thoughts would creep into Kusa's mind. How did they get here? Where are they? Why was he drawn to that sword? Why where there even sword? What was that gust of power? Who are those people and is this even earth?

Arriving in a town that seemed like a Japanese city. Normal to him, but something was off. They seemed to be normal, but not skyscrapers. It was a mix of many times in one. But they just kept riding as they received many stares.

Arriving at a gate as they kept going they stopped before entering the gate. They where covered on the head with a back and knocked out. When they come two, they were on their knees and the bags removed. Only this time alone, Kusa was alone. Toshiro was nowhere to be seen, but the real question is where was he?

"An Arena?" He thought, "!!!" "WHERES NATSUMI!?" He began to freak out, but then it came to him. "Was she sealed in the sword?!" Soon a man stood in the arena with him about 85 feet away and a men behind him cut his rope free and walked behind a line that soon was shown to be a hole for a gate that come up. The man in front of him appeared in some sort of armor, it was glistening red from just being polished as it shined a glittering ray of light from the sun to it then to those looking to it. The red plate was gilded on edges and other areas with a grey touch. The man has a black cap that spread shoulder length and touched just above his ankle. The outlines of the cape where a crimson red.

"Well, it seems you where sentenced to death. You should know better then to grab something that is not yours." He said with a smile and his right hand on a weapon. A long metal like pose with a saint type trinity bladed staff on the top. Almost like a trident. His hair was white and to his back as it was in a pony tail and his voice like a smooth man that spoke drinking wine at a party of leaders. The sound of running water in a smooth but able to be fierce voice. "Shame really, I do not wish to kill. But it has come. Prepare yourself. I can only hold back so much until they demand your death." He said.

He then bent down in a battle position. It was his left foot forward with the bottom leg end, or the calf arched 30 degrees from the ground to his knee cap. His thigh bent in a shorter degree to meet the body, lowering the height growth and the back straight with the upper slightly arched forward to the opponent. His left side facing to the opponent with his left foot. And the right in the back sideways. This was a martial art move to give the user the ability in control on his and the battles balance. And for pushing power. The weapon tip pointed to the ground in the same 30 degree arch from the ground to the end. Matching his left foot. He looked up to the man with his left hand in the front of the weapon in position and the right in the back near the end, but with about 1 1/2 feet of extra room.

He then smiled as the fading of it followed. He thrust forward to the man speeding across the dry dirt like ground to Kusa with the edge pointing right to his neck. Eyes wide opened from shock he forced himself back as he dodged by moving his body to the left and spinning to the right 90 degrees to the man and grabbed with his left hand. The man laughed with a small chuckle, "GOOD! Fight will you? I hope it is not going to get you KILLED!" He said as he spun to his right and a complete 360 as the boy only went 180. From the left side of the wall to the right. The man basically putting him on the side he wants.

Kusa used his feet on the wall and was using his force to push with both hands near the bladed end. The man countered to his as he began to apply force like a baseball bat stuck with people holding it in mid-swing. Kusa was scared. He was lost and scared for his friend. "Where are you?" He asked almost crying. The man looked up at him with a surprise to his face.

"Huh?"

Kusa began again, "I have to protect you... I... I wont let anything happen to you... Where are you? TOSHIRO!!!!" He said as his energy level began to spike a little as he was outlined with a bluish look of energy, he applied it subconsciously to his body as he began to push the poll with his hand like it was a wall. "WHAT?!" The man said as he put his hands in the same way. The wall cracked and a crater formed as he pushed harder and harder.

"GIVE ME MY FRIEND BACK!!!" He said in a loud scream that gave just enough force as the man flew tumbling on the ground in a roll backwards through the dirt. He landed on his feet to stop him and his left hand free on the ground as a support with his feet to stop the slid. His right hand holding the weapon that now rested its middle base of its pole on his bad and blade pointing down to the ground and the end of the pole coming up to the air on the other side of his body from his left shoulder.

Kusa on the ground with the small aura around him as he then sprinted to the man and went to punch him on the left eye then the right bottom of his ribs and more. All over as the man kept blocking over and over again using the pole as a shield. "That's it... I seem to not have anytime left..." He said with a grim look as he glowed back surprising Kusa. It was a red aura as he spun the weapon around from the front to his left side and to his back and around from hand to hand with impressive skill then above him as the bladed area glowed. He then pointed it to the man stopping the spinning with the blade to Kusa, and the glow immense. With out warning a blast shot out and past him, unable to even move as it scraped a few hairs off. The wall behind shattered to dust in a massive explosion behind him. Sweat dripping from fear. "W... What the hell?!" He said scared.

The man known as Joseph, only looked in a state of slaying, ready to end the match in the next move. Knowing full well Kusa would not make it. "For breaking the Sacred Law and stealing our Holy Weapons Intruder, You will die a painful death..." His eyes squinted. "And there is no running away." He said in a cold tone.

End - Soul Bound

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A Man who matches powers with Kusa in a position to kill him at any moment with an attack that Kusa seems to not be able to even understand. Will this be it? Or will he be saved by someone else? And what has happened to Toshiro and Natsumi?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Chapter - Desperation 2