Sequel: Non Sequitur

Cinematic Confessions

Going the Distance

Autumn was at work when she saw Katherine walk in the front door, and she wasn't sure whether she should smile at her best friend or yell at her for showing up to check on her in the middle of the day while she was at the pharmacy. She decided to give Katherine the benefit of the doubt before yelling at her. "Kat, what are you doing here?"

"Wanted to see how you're doing," Katherine smiled at her, and Autumn closed her eyes, leaning her head back. "I know, I know! You don't like me checking on you! But you're on your feet for ten hours at a time, and I just want to know that you're okay!" she explained. "Besides, that's not the only reason I'm here," she told her.

"What else?" Autumn asked slowly, unsure if she wanted to know why else Katherine could possibly be at her work right now instead of waiting four hours til her shift was finished.

"Well, I was hoping we could go baby shopping today when you got off of work! We could go get you some maternity clothes since you're going to be showing soon and then we can look at some baby stuff," she suggested.

Autumn could tell how excited Katherine was, and she couldn't help but smile. "Sure," she nodded her head.

"Good!" Katherine said, starting to turn around to leave before she spun back around. "Oh! And, Bri was hoping to come with us, if you don't mind! She said she and Brent need a few more things still."

Autumn hadn't really gotten to know Brianna until that night at Kane's with Corey, but she really liked her. "Of course I don't mind," Autumn told her.

"Good," Katherine repeated, turning to leave again only to spin back around. "Oh, and she mentioned that you hung out with them. You better give me the lowdown on that soon. You know I hate being out of the loop!" she said.

Autumn hadn't kept it from Katherine intentionally. It was just that she hadn't seen Katherine since that night, and she didn't really want to talk about it via text. "Come by my place after I get off of work. I'll tell you about it while I change clothes, and then we can go shopping," Autumn told her.

"Perfect!" Katherine replied. "I'll see you in a few hours!"

The last few hours of work flew by, as Autumn was constantly busy with prescriptions to fill. She left work as soon as the clock hit five o'clock, and she hurried home. She wasn't even surprised to find Katherine had already let herself inside, her and Cade having a key to the place. However, she wasn't expecting to find Katherine in her bedroom, holding up Corey's shirt. "Care to tell me about this?" Katherine asked her, eyeing her.

"That's a shirt," Autumn said vaguely.

"This would be a Mr. Corey Crawford shirt," Katherine corrected her, showing her the tag that had the number 50 written on it in Sharpie marker. Autumn blushed but didn't say anything at first. "Autumn Rae Kinsington!" she pulled out the middle name to let Autumn know she meant business. Autumn couldn't remember the last time she had her middle name used, but it was probably by her father back in high school when she got in trouble.

"Okay, he's stayed the night a few times," she shrugged innocently.

"Have you two been…" Katherine trailed off, trying to figure out how to put it delicately, but then decided to just come right out and say it. "Have you been fucking him?"

Autumn's eyes went wide. She really should be used to her best friend's forwardness, but she caught her off guard every once in a while. "No," she shook her head. "We haven't."

"Do you want to?" Katherine asked her, and Autumn looked away from her at the floor. "You know, if you want to, I wouldn't mind…" she told her, knowing how weird that sounded. "I just mean, with the baby and all. Cade and I talked about it a little while ago."

Autumn's head snapped up. "You talked to Cade about me having sex?" she exclaimed.

"Well, yeah, I mean, you're carrying our baby. And, I had some reservations about you having sex, and then you started seeing Corey, and I just assumed it would go there. But, Cade pointed out that pregnant women have sex all the time, and it doesn't hurt the baby at all. So, we're okay if you and Corey want to have sex," Katherine explained.

"Thank you for giving me your permission to have sex," Autumn laughed, realizing how ridiculous this scenario was. "Now, can I change so we can go get some baby stuff?" she asked, looking in her closet and pulling out a sundress. It was still warm enough out that she could wear it, but the temperatures were decreasing by the day, and she knew soon it would be the winter, something she wasn't looking forward to.

"You never did tell me about meeting the team," Katherine reminded her, and Autumn began telling her about that night as she changed into the sundress. She continued as she grabbed her purse and followed Katherine out to her car, and the two of them made their way to Babies R Us to meet Brianna.

"You two are getting serious," Katherine commented as they found Brianna in the front of the store.

Autumn nodded her head. "Yeah, we are, do you think that's a bad thing? Like too serious too soon?" she asked.

"Who?" Brianna asked, having missed the beginning of their conversation.

"Her and Corey," Katherine answered her before turning her head towards Autumn. "And, no, it's not too serious too soon. It's been like what? Six weeks or something? Most couples have been screwing for at least a month by now," she quipped. Brianna looked over at Autumn but didn't say a word.

"No, Corey and I haven't slept together," Autumn answered her unasked question.

"Hey, that's your prerogative," Brianna told her. "It took Brent and I a while to sleep together," she informed her.

"Ew! Hey!" Katherine exclaimed. "I don’t want to hear that about my brother!"

Brianna and Autumn both laughed. "Sorry!" Brianna told her. "Why don't we start shopping?" she asked, not wanting to make things worse for Katherine. Katherine walked ahead, and Brianna leaned over and whispered to Autumn, "If you ever want to talk or anything, feel free to call me. Brent and I waited a while to have sex, so I'm probably one to ask." Autumn smiled at her and nodded her head before catching up with Katherine who was looking at cribs.

"Cade and I have so much to buy!" she said as she went up and down the aisle looking at all the different cribs. "How much do you and Brent still need?" she asked Brianna.

"Not too much. We've got the crib and the baby carrier," she replied. "We need to start buying a ton of diapers," she laughed. She knew they were going to go through them like crazy, and while they'd bought the big purchases, they hadn't really stocked up on the smaller ones like diapers and bibs.

"Oh just wait til the baby shower!" Katherine told her. "You'll get tons of those, I'm sure!"

Autumn let those two talk while she checked her phone for any messages. She found a text from Corey, and she quickly read it. Feel like dinner and a movie tonight?

She smiled at his offer, but she knew she wouldn't make be done with the girls before dinner time. I'm with Katherine and Brianna right now, but I'd love a late night movie if you're up for it! she replied back.

Only a few seconds later, she was already receiving an answer from him. Sure thing, come to my place whenever you're finished…and you should probably bring a movie. I don't really have a lot here.

See you then! she quickly typed, putting her phone back in her purse. She raised her head to see Katherine staring at her with a grin on her face. "What?" she asked slowly, wondering if she missed something.

"Someone is texting her boyyyyfriend!" Katherine sang out, and Autumn rolled her eyes. "What does he have to say?"

"Nothing!" Autumn told her, not expecting Katherine to reach out and snatch her purse from her, getting her phone out of it and reading her text message. She really should put a lock on the phone, but she was sure Katherine would figure that out fairly quickly.

"Aww they're having a movie date tonight!" Katherine told Brianna. "I'm sorry we're keeping you from him now!"

Autumn rolled her eyes. "Shut up," she told Katherine, who simply laughed as she kept walking down the aisle.

Autumn looked at Brianna. "I don't know why I'm best friends with her," Autumn said jokingly.

Brianna smiled at her. "She acts so much like Brent, it's ridiculous," she laughed.

"Hey!" Katherine exclaimed from a few feet in front of them. "Don't talk about me behind my back!" she said before picking up a baby bottle. "We probably need some of these, don't we?" she asked, completely changing subjects, causing both Autumn and Brianna to laugh.

The rest of the day went like that, with Katherine picking up random things to buy for the baby. She waited to buy the big things like a crib and a stroller when Cade was with her and could help pick them out with her.

By the time they were finished and had eaten dinner together, it was getting late, and Autumn wasn't sure if Corey would still want her to come by. She knew he had another off day before their last home game before a three game road trip.

She went to his apartment and knocked on his door. He opened it wearing only a pair of sweats, leaving Autumn standing there staring at his sculpted chest. "Hey, I wasn't sure if you were still going to stop by," he told her.

"Yeah, sorry it's so late," she apologized. "I wasn't sure if you still wanted me to come by or if it's too late."

"Get in here," he said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her into him, shutting the door behind her. She stayed pressed up against his chest until he put his hands on either side of her face and kissed her. "So how was your day?" he asked her as they walked to the couch.

"It was fun," she told him honestly. "It's always fun to have a girls day. What did you do today?"

"Hung out with Saad for a while, but nothing too much. We hung low today," he told her. "So, what movie did you bring?" he asked her.

She smiled as she reached for her bag, pulling out a dvd. "Oh, you'll love it," she told him, and he was worried what she was about to show him. "Sweet Home Alabama," she beamed.

Corey stared at her. "Do you always choose chick flicks?" he asked her.

"I'm a girl who loves movies, get over it," she joked. "And not always! I've chosen non-chick flicks before. And, you have no room to complain when you told me to bring a movie!" she exclaimed.

Corey laughed. "Yeah, yeah, just put it in," he told her, and she happily walked over to the dvd player and began the movie. She went back over to him and sat down on the couch, curling herself into his body.

Somewhere along the way, they both stopped watching the movie. It started with Corey drawing tiny circles with his thumb on Autumn's thigh that was showing from her sundress. She looked up at him with a smile on her face as she kissed him. That kiss slowly turned into something more as both of them stopped paying attention to the movie.

She had moved so she was practically sitting on top of him as Corey's back was pressed against the arm of the couch. His hands were settled underneath her dress on the back of her upper thighs as they made out.

Autumn's hands moved up and down his chest as she felt his hands go to the back of her dress near the zipper, when he suddenly stopped. She pulled back to look him in the eyes, questioning silently why he stopped. "Are you sure?" he asked her. She nodded her head, and Corey continued to look into her eyes, as if trying to make sure she was telling the truth. "Then we should probably go to the bedroom and not do it here," he told her, not wanting their first time to be on the uncomfortable couch.

She nodded her head as she stood up and they walked back to the bedroom. He laid her down in bed and hovered over her, asking once again, "Autumn, are you sure? I mean, with the baby and all? I don't want to…"

"I know, and I'm telling you I'm sure," she said, putting one hand on his cheek and smiling at him. "Now, please, just take my dress off of me." That hadn't been the first time Corey had heard those words, but it was definitely the first time he'd heard them from someone he truly cared about. He wanted to take his time with her, but he didn't know if his self control would go with that plan.

His body wanted her, and he had to remind himself to go slowly as he unzipped her dress and looked at her lying naked there. She reached up and pulled at his sweatpants, and he finally pulled them off like she wanted. She pulled his boxers off, looking him over, the smile on her face indicating she liked what she saw.

He kissed her before leaning over her to the bedside table drawer where he pulled out a condom and put it on. He looked down at her, and Autumn knew he was going to ask her again. And, if he brought up the fact that she was carrying a baby again, she knew the mood would be ruined. So, she cut him off before he could even question her. "Yes, I'm sure," she smiled at him as she put her arms around his neck and pulled his head down to kiss her.

She felt his hands go on her hips before he eased himself into her. She hadn't had sex in months, and he was definitely stretching her out, probably a combination of her lack of sex and his size. He kept his hands on her hips as he moved in and out of her, the movement getting more fluid as time passed on.

She was moaning out his name, and he was grunting, both feeling incredible. Corey picked up the pace once he could tell that it was less painful for Autumn, and soon they were both on edge. Corey was the one to come first, but he refused to stop there, continuing to pump into Autumn with the little amount of energy he had left. A minute later, Autumn was coming as well, letting out a loud, incoherent moan at the end.

When he was finished, Corey let out a sigh of pleasure as he pulled out of Autumn. He leaned over and gave a sweet kiss as he smiled at her. "That was…" he trailed off, trying to think of the best words to describe that experience.

"Well worth the wait," Autumn finished for him as she leaned over and gave him another kiss, laying there in bliss.