Sequel: Non Sequitur

Cinematic Confessions

While You Were Sleeping

Autumn woke up from the perfect dream she was having, one in which she had just had sex with Corey in the most fantastic way imaginable. She moved her right arm over to feel the chest of some man that had some serious muscles, and she looked over to see Corey sleeping next to her. She couldn't help the smile crossing her face when she realized her dream was in fact reality.

But, that moment of happiness was quickly erased by the feeling in her stomach, and she cursed whoever decided women should be punished when having a baby by getting morning sickness all the time, or in Autumn's case in the middle of the night.

She got out of bed as quickly as she could without disturbing Corey. The last thing she needed was to throw up in his bed, so she tried to make it to the bathroom as fast as she could. The problem was she hadn't been to his three bedroom apartment too many times, as the majority of the time they would go to her place. She currently cursed him for having too many rooms when he was the only one staying there, as she opened the first door to find it was another bedroom. There were three bathrooms accompanying the bedrooms in this place, and she couldn't seem to find one of them.

She threw open another door, thankful when she realized it was a bathroom, and she immediately was hovered over the toilet, vomiting into it. She reached out and hit the door to try to shut it, hoping she wouldn't wake Corey, but she accidentally pushed the door too hard, and it slammed shut. "Fuck," she muttered as she leaned back against the bathtub.

"Autumn?" she heard Corey say as he opened the bathroom door, and she looked up at him, wiping her hair out of her face. She knew she must have looked horrible, but this wasn't the first time he had seen her in the bathroom getting sick. It was the first time after they'd finally slept together, though.

"Sorry, I didn’t mean to slam the door," she told him, but he didn't seem to care about that as he sat down on the floor next to her, rubbing her back. "I did not think I was signing on for this," she said, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I mean, I knew about morning sickness, but I didn't think it'd be every night, in the middle of the night," she explained.

Corey put his arm around her, rubbing her arm with his hand. "You feel like going back to bed?" he asked her, and she nodded her head, though she still wasn't feeling her best. But, she allowed him to help her up and lead her back to the bedroom. She curled up to him as she tried her best to ignore her upset stomach and just go back to sleep.

Corey woke up two minutes before his alarm was set to go off. Normally he'd be pissed he didn't get those two extra minutes of sleep, but today he was grateful. He didn't want the alarm to wake up Autumn. He knew she had been sick most of the night, and he wasn't sure how much sleep she had actually gotten. But regardless of the amount of sleep, he was sure she could use more. So, he let her stay in his bed while he got up, showered, and threw his clothes on.

He scribbled her a note before he left and then made his way down the street to Starbucks for his daily caffeine fix. Every time he walked in the store now, he thought about how much his life had changed since he happened to meet Autumn in there randomly one day. He ordered his coffee, heading to the rink for practice.

He sat down in front of his locker, having gotten there early today, knowing he had plenty of time to change into his practice jersey and pads before he needed to be out on the ice. He was surprised to see Brent walk in not five minutes after him. "You're here early," Corey commented.

Brent nodded his head, throwing his keys into his locker. "Yeah, Bri had a doctor's appointment this morning that I went to. There was no reason to go back home so I just came here."

"How was the appointment?" Corey asked. He assumed it went well, or else Brent wouldn't be here right now. Brent's main priority right now was Brianna and the baby, not that Corey could really blame him with Brianna only having two more months until she was due to give birth.

"Baby's healthy, Bri's healthy, it was good," Brent responded. "What did you do last night?" he asked casually.

Corey smiled to himself as he thought about answering his question with a crude response by saying "Autumn", but decided against it. "Hung out with Autumn," he said instead.

"Have you fucked her yet?" Leave it to Seabs to put it so eloquently. Corey didn't answer right away, and Brent lifted his head to look over at the goalie. A grin spread across Brent's face. "You dirty dog, you did!" he exclaimed. Corey nodded his head in confirmation. "It's weird fucking a pregnant woman, isn't it?" he asked, having done it many, many times with Brianna since she had gotten pregnant.

Corey didn't respond right away. Actually, he hadn't really thought about the baby or Autumn being pregnant last night when they'd had sex. He thought that would have probably made it extremely awkward. "I didn't really notice a difference," Corey shrugged.

"Just wait til she gets bigger then and you have to worry about knocking into that stomach, or in my case trying to find her pussy at all," Brent commented, and Corey shook his head. Sometimes Brent really had no filter.

"Well I guess I'll deal with that when it comes," Corey muttered, though now that the thought entered his mind, he wasn't exactly looking forward to that point in Autumn's pregnancy. "I do have a question for you, though," he said, looking over at Brent.

"Yes, your dick does go inside of her pussy," Brent joked, and Corey just rolled his eyes, wondering if he really wanted to be asking advice from Brent. But, he was the best option he had right now, and it would be better to ask him while there weren't any other teammates around, rather than wait and have it turn into some big joke like it always seemed to happen.

"Did Bri get morning sickness a lot?" Corey inquired.

Brent nodded his head emphatically. "Oh God yes," Brent told him. "For like a month straight, I don't think I slept at all because she'd either be throwing up all over the place or she'd be craving some weird shit at two in the morning and she'd ask me to go pick it up," he remembered. Having to go buy butter pecan ice cream and relish at two in the morning before having to be at practice at nine was not the highlight of his life. In fact, the lack of sleep caused him to play like shit, and eventually he had gotten his time on ice decreased. After Brianna's morning sickness had gotten better, he was able to sleep more, and eventually his play had returned to top level as well.

"Was there anything that helped her ever? With the morning sickness?" Corey asked him.

A grin spread across Brent's face. "Look at you Mr. Dad, over there," he said, and Corey looked at him curiously. "You're trying to help Autumn, aren't you? She's having morning sickness, right? And you're trying to help her!"

Corey didn't know what the big deal was, why Brent was making a big deal out of this. "I'm not trying to be Mr. Dad or whatever the hell you're inferring. I'm not the dad of the baby," he said defensively.

"No shit, Sherlock," Brent replied. "That would be Cade."

"I just thought if you had some insider secret, I'd pass the word along," Corey told him.

"Ginger," Brent said, and Corey looked at him, cocking his eyebrow up. "Trust me, it works. We didn't figure it out til way late, but I'm still sure that's what calmed down Bri's sickness. Just give her some tea with some ginger in it, and it should settle down," he explained.

"Thanks," Corey replied, making a mental note to go pick up some ginger on his way home. Autumn wouldn't be there when he got back since she had to work, but he'd make sure to have it the next time she was over.

●●●


Corey was taking a nap before he had to go back to the rink for the game tonight. He hadn't seen Autumn since the morning before when he had left her in his bed when he had gone to practice. She had taken an extra shift at work and had gone home to go to bed the night before. He figured he wouldn't see her until after he got home from the road trip he left for the next morning.

He heard a knock on his door, and he groaned, debating about not getting up at all to see who was there. This was his nap time, and he didn't really want to deal with people right now. He reluctantly got out of bed, though, and went to the door, ready to yell at whoever was interrupting him right now. His plans changed when he saw Autumn standing there.

"Hey," he said, stepping aside to let her walk through the door. "What are you doing here?" he asked her.

She looked at his hair, seeing that it was matted on one side. "Were you asleep?" she asked him, reaching up and running her hand through his hair. "It's like one in the afternoon," she added, glancing at her watch to see that it was 1:03.

Corey chuckled. "Yeah, I usually nap before a game."

"Oh!" Autumn's eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I can leave!" she said, realizing she had messed up his routine. She had heard from Katherine that hockey players were seriously superstitious and did not like their routine to be messed with. The last thing she needed was for Corey to play awful that night and to think that she was the reason for it.

Corey grabbed a hold of Autumn's wrist. "Or you could stay here with me," he said, and Autumn turned back around to face him with a smile on her face. She nodded her head as he led her back to the bedroom and pulled her into his arms as they laid down. They stayed like that for an hour and a half before Corey woke up and saw that Autumn was awake as well.

"Hey," he smiled at her.

"Hey," she replied back with a smile of her own.

"Are you coming to the game tonight?" he asked her.

Autumn shook her head. "No, I wasn't planning on it," she told him. She hardly ever went to the Blackhawks games unless Katherine forced her to do so. And, since she hadn't heard from Katherine today, she figured Cade was able to go to the game, which meant Autumn was off the hook and didn't have to fight Katherine on the matter.

"I think you should," Corey told her.

"And sit there by myself?" Autumn asked, and Corey could tell she wasn't into the idea.

"How about I get you a few tickets? For you and Katherine and whoever else you want? And they'll be by Bri and the rest of the girlfriends and wives," he said, not realizing that that freaked Autumn out even more. She had met Duncan's wife and Brianna of course, but she wasn't sure she'd fit in with the rest of the girlfriends and wives. But, she could tell by the look on Corey's face that he wanted her there, and she couldn't deny him that.

"Okay," she said slowly, nodding her head. "I'll talk to Katherine and see if she and Cade want to move over and sit by me, if you could get three tickets?" she asked.

"Of course, I'll have them at will call for you," he told her, kissing her as he put his hands on her waist, pulling her even closer to him. They continued making out for several more minutes before Corey reluctantly pulled away. "I have to get to the rink," he groaned.

Autumn gave him one last kiss before sitting up in bed. "I'll see you tonight," she told him, standing up and heading to the front room to grab her purse that she had put on the couch. She picked it up and walked out the door, grabbing her cell phone in the process, dialing Katherine's number.

Katherine picked up on the first ring. "Hey Autumn," she said.

"How would you feel about moving seats tonight for the game?" she asked without any sort of greeting towards Katherine first.

"Huh?" Katherine asked, confused.

"Corey asked me to go to the game tonight, and he's getting me tickets by the wives and girlfriends, and I'm terrified, and I don't want to sit there, so I need you and Cade to go with me and sit with me so I'm not awkwardly sitting there for three hours. Please, please, please!" Autumn said, her words coming out in a rush. Katherine could tell how nervous she was, and there was no way she'd let her best friend go without her.

"Autumn, first of all, take a breath," she said with a light laugh. "Of course Cade and I will sit with you!" She could hear Autumn let out a sigh of relief. "Why don't you come over, and we'll find you something to wear?" she suggested, knowing Autumn didn't have any Blackhawks gear to wear, unless Corey had given her something.

"Thank you," Autumn said before hanging up the phone and heading to Katherine's place. She got there in record time, thankful that there wasn't much traffic right now. She saw Cade sitting on the couch, and he waved to her as she walked in the front door.

"Kat's in the bedroom," he told her. "I think she's already picking out your outfit for tonight," he laughed. "You'd think this was a huge deal," he added casually. He really had no idea how big of a deal it was for Autumn.

"Thanks," Autumn told him before heading towards their bedroom, seeing the bed covered in Blackhawks shirts and jerseys. "What in the world?" she asked Katherine, who finally emerged from the closet.

"You can take your pick," Katherine smiled at her. "We can't have you going to your boyfriend's game and not be sporting his team!" she explained.

Autumn looked through all the clothes, finally settling on a simple t-shirt. She didn't want to go overboard, especially since she wasn't too familiar with the team. She didn't want to seem like a fake. But, she also didn't want to be the outsider. She was thinking way too much about tonight and was worrying about everything.

She continued to worry as Cade drove them to the arena, and Autumn went to will call to get the tickets. When they handed them to her, she glanced to see where the seats were located. She had always thought that Katherine had good seats, but these seats were even better. Four rows behind the home bench.

"Damn, these are good seats," Cade spoke when she showed them the tickets. "You better stick with this guy," he joked. He knew that Autumn really liked Corey, and while he had only met the guy once, he seemed like a decent guy and was good for Autumn.

They made their way to their seats, but not before Cade and Katherine stopping for a beer. Again, Autumn made it known how jealous she was that they could drink beer at the game. If it wasn't for the baby she was carrying, she was fairly certain she would be halfway drunk in order to get her to be at this game with the other girlfriends and wives.

She saw Kelly and Brianna sitting near one another, but their seats weren't by hers, which only made her more nervous. They both waved to her, and Brianna stood up to talk to Katherine and Cade for a few moments as Autumn sat down in her seat. The one next to her was empty, but a blonde woman with several highlights in her hair was sitting in the one next to that, playing on her cell phone. Autumn decided to try to be open, knowing Corey would want her to fit in, so she leaned over the empty seat and held out her hand. "I’m Autumn," she introduced herself.

The woman turned her head, looking Autumn up and down before staring down the end of her nose at her. Autumn suddenly felt very self-conscious and was regretting ever trying to get to know any of these women. She saw that Cade and Katherine were still up by Brianna talking to her, and she really wished they would hurry up so she would have some company down by her.

Another woman walked over the blonde to get to her seat, which was in between her and Autumn's. Autumn turned around to stare at the ice, not wanting to try to make friends with anyone after the first one seemed so unfriendly. "You're new around here," the new woman said, sitting her purse on the floor underneath her seat and turning to look at Autumn. Autumn got a good look at her. She had dark skin and straight hair with bangs. She had perfect skin, and Autumn could see why any hockey player would want to date her. She was good looking. Which also probably meant she wasn't going to be the nicest person, at least in Autumn's experience.

Autumn nodded her head towards her. "Yeah, I'm Autumn," she told her.

"Zoey," the young woman stuck out her hand before leaning over and lowering her voice. "And, that's Vanessa, she's Shawzer's girlfriend. Please don't assume we're all bitchy like her," she said with a chuckle, and Autumn immediately warmed up to her.

"Zoey!" she heard Kelly call out, and they both turned in Kelly's direction. "Treat her good down there, that's Crow's new girl," she added with a wink.

Autumn could have died of embarrassment to be called out like that, and she put her head against the back of the seat. "You're with Corey?" Zoey asked, and Autumn nodded her head. "Nice! We were wondering when we'd get to meet you! He like never has anyone sit with us. And then Bri and Kelly were telling us about you, and we were starting to think they made you up!"

"No, I'm real," Autumn said with a nervous laugh.

"I'm with Saad, by the way," Zoey told her, and Autumn didn't have the courage to admit that she had no idea who Saad was on the team, but she made a mental note to look for him out on the ice when the guys came out.

Cade and Katherine came down to sit in their seats on the other side of Autumn. "Bri was saying Corey was asking my brother for advice about you," Katherine said casually.

Autumn turned her head to look at her. "What?" she asked, wrinkling her nose. "What about me?"

"About your morning sickness. Why didn't you tell me it was getting worse?" she asked.

Suddenly, Zoey entered the conversation. "You're pregnant?" she asked, a little surprised. This was exactly what Autumn was fearful of, but she nodded her head in response. "Congratulations!" she told her sincerely, which surprised Autumn.

"Thanks, but you should really be thanking these two, they're the parents. I'm just the surrogate," Autumn explained, and Zoey leaned forward to congratulate Katherine and Cade.

The guys came out on ice a couple of minutes later, and Autumn was glad she had something new to focus her attention on instead of all of the wives and girlfriends around her. As the game went on, she found out that most of the girls were nice. A couple of them didn't seem to want to have anything to do with her. But, Zoey and Sharpie's wife, Abby, were quickly becoming two of her favorites of the group, joining Brianna and Kelly.

By the end of the game, Autumn found herself much more relaxed around all of them, and she said goodbye to them as she stood up in her seat. "You going to Corey's?" Katherine asked her.

Autumn thought about it. She hadn't really talked to him about it. He had to leave the next morning, so she wasn't sure he wanted her there tonight, especially if he still needed to pack before leaving early the next day. "Um, well I didn't really talk to him about it," she told Katherine.

"Well, then he'll just have a nice surprise when he goes home and you're there," Katherine smiled as she made the decision for Autumn.

"You don't think he'll mind?" Autumn asked, uncertain about just showing up at his door, waiting on him to get home.

"Having your girl waiting for you at home?" Cade asked. "No, he's not going to mind," he assured her, and Autumn smiled as she nodded her head, following her friends out to Cade's car, as he drove her to Corey's and dropped her off. Katherine told her to call her if there was a problem for whatever reason, but she figured there wouldn't be one. So, Autumn stood in front of Corey's door, hoping he wouldn't be upset.

About ten minutes later, Corey showed up, surprised to see Autumn standing there. "I wasn't expecting you," he said.

"I'm sorry!" Autumn immediately apologized.

"Just because I wasn’t expecting you, doesn't mean I'm not happy about it," he told her, unlocking the door. "Now get your ass in here," he added, motioning for her to get inside.

"Yes sir!" Autumn said, jokingly saluting him as she walked in the door. Cade had been right. Corey definitely didn't mind her showing up unannounced.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh, I totally did not expect to take this long to update! I'm sorry!!