Sequel: The Risks We Take
Status: Finished :] Please comment?

High School & Love; It Sucks

The Betrayal

“Please talk to me? Dare I say this, I’m begging! Well then, bye.” I left another message. “Why aren’t you talking to your boyfriend?” Kane taunted, he knew that Sean wasn’t talking to me. “You little butt! You know that I like him and that he’s not talking to me!” I screamed at him. Why does he do that to me we don’t have that bad a relationship. “Hey Sean, I want to apologize in person.” I left another message on his phone. He met me at the park down the street, surprisingly. “Okay, you have five minutes, go.” He said looking down at his watch. So I explained to him how sorry I was, he still wouldn’t let me in, but I felt a little better about the situation. I still wanted him to let his guard down so that I could get to know the real Sean. He still didn’t want to hear it when I told him how felt about him, he just shut down when I asked him about his feelings towards me. I think he was also scared to have feelings for anyone.

I walked to Sean’s house; his mom answered the door “Oh, Hi, Sweetie, Sean’s out back with a couple of friends.” I just smiled at her and made my way through the house towards the back door. “Hey guy’s!” I said to a bunch of my friends who were outside sitting at the picnic table in Sean’s backyard. “Hey, Blakely.” Sean greeted me. I sat down with the group and joined in on the conversation. A tall tan girl walked through the French doors of Sean’s house. She gave me the-once-over and sat down next to Sean, she reached for his hand, and he was hesitant at first. I looked at him as if to say WTF?!? I thought you liked me. He just looked down at the grass, he wouldn’t look at me. We all went in for some lemonade, I pulled him into his bedroom to ask him WHY THE H*** he had some SLUT holding his hand who I hoped and prayed wasn’t his girlfriend. “Who was that?” I asked furiously. “Her name is Brooke and she’s my girlfriend.” He looked away. “But…” I trailed off. I wasn’t even going to go there. “You know what, when you decide what you want let me know!” I ran out of his house, “Blakely wait!” he screamed after me, but I wasn’t listening.

I ran all the way home; I ran up the stairs, slammed the door and started crying. I finally cried myself to sleep, I heard a soft knocking on my bedroom door, “Who is it?” I asked sleepily. “It’s me.” He slowly said. “Go away; I don’t want to talk to you!” I yelled from my bed. I lied back down on my bed and waited for him to go away.

When I awoke for the second time he was sitting in my desk chair watching me sleep apparently. I sat up straight and said rudely, “Who let you in?” he frowned at me, “I was going to tell you, but you surprised me when you actually came over, I figured you would be busy with counseling.” He said apologetically. “Well I wasn’t.” I said meanly. “And that wasn’t the worst part; the worst part was that…”

I started to say but he cut me off. “I warned you over the summer that there would be other girls from Redwood.” He said defensively. “Yeah but I expected you to think of my feelings, but then again why should I expect any less from you?” I sneered.

“Because I honestly do care about you.” He tried to convince me but I didn’t believe him anymore. “I don’t know what’s worse, not knowing if you like me, or you telling me you do but not being able to believe it?” I said madly. Now more tears were rolling down my face, “Please don’t cry?” he begged. “I’m crying because I’m mad at you!” I screamed. “Now get out and don’t talk to me." I threw a pillow at him, “Get out!” I screamed once more. “Just let me explain the whole story!” he pleaded.

“No, I don’t want to hear it!” I screamed louder, this time chucking my TV remote at him. He just looked at me longingly. “I said get out A-Hole!” I screamed as loud as I could. He got up out of my desk chair and left. Finally I could be alone in my room in the dark where nothing and no one could hurt me anymore. I could finally see why he felt the way he did, but the thing that bothered me the most was that he decided to let “Brooke” in.