Status: "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." Updates every Friday <3

Deducing Tragedy Part Two: Speak No Lies

A Lullaby for Molly

After I left John and Sherlock in the building I did not go back to Scotland Yard. My team was capable, probably more capable without me. No, going back there would be a waste of my time. If they needed me they would text me, I told myself as I walked the cold and empty street. So I had some free time. I briefly thought about going to Baker Street to haunt Sherlock and John a little more but the idea was a dull one. I was just with them; going to their home would do nothing to entertain me.

I walked to the main road and hailed a cab to take me to Queens Road. The ride was short but it felt unreasonably long. I had put this off for much too long and the weight of it bore down on me now. I suppose something's you just can push away.

"Um, Ma'am?" the driver spoke up as I began to get out of the car. "You didn't pay."

I rolled my eyes and handed him a business card, "Call this number; tell the bitch who answers to go to hell and then tell her to put Mycroft on the phone. When she protests tell her Ann told you to call." I then got out of the car before he could stop me again and disappeared down the street.

Alone, I entered consecrated ground. It was empty for the most part; a few civilians lingered about the place. One or two were there to take pictures; the last was visiting someone, like me. I walked through the trees to the heart of the land. A small stone building stood in front of me; the stone turned gray by time. Two, newly replaced, black wooden doors were outlined by marble pillars, the contrast of the black and white nearly distracting me from the missing doorknob. I sighed, taking a large metal key from its place in my boot and inserting it into the slot. I turned the key and there was a loud groan from the lock as it opened and allowed me entrance.

Inside was dark, the only light streaming in from the outside. I took out the small flashlight I carried in my pocket and turned it on. Around me names from centuries ago whispered stories I would never know. I could only guess at their lives as I wondered down the stairs to the main chamber. This room was darker but, thanks to Mycroft, had been fitted with lamps all along the walls. I flipped the switch and the marble almost seemed to glow as it reflected the bright light.

I crossed the room, echoes of the past still whispering as I passed their bodies; but I paid them no mind. I was looking for one voice in particular, the youngest voice here. The ghost with no voice at all.

"You don't know who I am," I whispered. "After all we never truly got to meet." I sighed; this was harder than it looked. "To tell you the truth I didn't plan on ever coming here. All these ghosts that haunt the walk here mean nothing to me. They are stories I will never know. But you are different. You are…

"Shall I sing for you?" I asked, my tone was even but I felt the emotion rising in my throat. "I always wanted to sing for you and with you but…" I trailed off and let out a long breath. "I know just the song for you.

"Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye my love. I can't hide, can't hide, can't hide what has come," I sang from my heart to the name in front of me. "I have to go, I have to go, I have to go and leave you alone. But always know, always know, always know that I love you so, I love you so, I love you so, oh."

I could have stopped there, I probably should have but I didn't want to. The emotion that had been rising in my throat now poured out of me and into my voice making it shaky and weak "Goodbye silver eyes, goodbye for now. Goodbye sunshine, take care of yourself. I have to go, I have to go, I have to go and leave you alone. But always know, always know, always know that I love you so, I love you so, oh, I love you so, oh"

"La lullaby, help me sleep tonight, La lullaby" I sang, my voice weakening to a whisper. "I have to go, I have to go, I have to go, and leave you alone…"

I turned and started back across the room as I finished the song, "Goodbye silver eyes, goodbye my love." And with that final note hanging in the air I walked out of the tomb. I locked the door and put the key back in my boot and started back across the cemetery. The tomb faded into the distance as my walk turned into a run. I had to get out of here, as far away from this place as I could. Because what once had no voice now cried out. The noise was deafening as I tried to cover my ears with my hands and continued to run. My hands were useless but the running seemed to help. As I put more distance between me and the tomb the cry faded until I couldn't hear it at all.

I was on the street, behind me in the heart of the cemetery stood the Holmes family tomb. Generations of Sherlock's family slept peacefully inside, never being disturbed by two boys with no time for the past. With those peaceful spirits laid the remains of Molly Holmes, my stillborn daughter.