Status: "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." Updates every Friday <3

Deducing Tragedy Part Two: Speak No Lies

Ann Arsvitae

I was on a plane… again; these things were really starting to piss me off. I wanted to get off, I wanted to run away into the forests of France or Canada and never come out. To lie down under a willow tree and not move. I would die under that tree. Finally.

“Ann,” Ben’s voice flooded my day-dream and I slowly raised one eyelid to give him a questioning look. “Pilot says we’ll be landing soon, the team was wondering what their assignments were.”

I sighed sitting up and taking the file from his hand. Piano hands, I thought idly, long dexterous fingers that could play symphonies if he chose too. Or lullabies-

“Eva,” I barked, slamming down that train of thought before it could continue. “We know he plans to target the event tomorrow night, you will be in the crowd looking for anything out of place.” The girl nodded from her seat across the aisle.

Eva Michael: twenty-six, speaks nearly two dozen languages fluently. Black, 1.70 meters with black curly hair and brown eyes. I met her three years ago when Mycroft assigned her to my team. She’s young but talented. Her parents were killed by a sociopath when she was in eight. Trust worthy.

“Jeremy-“

He frowned, “I’ve asked you to call me Jer…”

I looked at him for a moment and his eyes fell back to the floor. “Jeremy, you will be accompanying her. I want you to run the outer circle and watch the buildings surrounding Saint James Park. And no flirting”

“I never flirt when I'm on the job,” he smirked and I silenced him with another look.

Jeremy Velishek: twenty-six former American intelligence linguists. Spoke enough of twenty languages to get by. 1.87 meters tall with black hair and grey eyes. I met him two months ago when running an operation in Chicago. Easily distracted by pretty girls. Unreliable, trust worthy.

“Jordan you will be covering us from the van,” I said turning to the youngest team member. “Hack into everything, I want every eye on that park.”

“Yes Ma’am,” He nodded.

Jordan Van Ravenswaay: twenty-four, collage drop out. 1.82 meters tall with blond hair and blue eyes. I met him a year ago when Mycroft sent me to pick him of from Scotland Yard. Arrested numerous time for hacking into highly classified government networks. Dangerous, trust worthy.

“Tate-“

“How come you don’t use his real name?” Jeremy demanded and I rolled by eyes.

“Because she has respect for me you worthless sniveling boy of a soldier,” Tate sighed, not raising his eyes from the file in front of him. “If you want her to call you “Jer” perhaps you should do your job-“

“Hey I-“

“And do it without getting distracted by one of the female anatomy,” he said raising his gaze.

Tate Johnson: thirty-two, British secret service and high-ranking member of the British army. 1.94 meters tall, blond hair and blue eyes. I met him at the same time I met Eva, three years ago. A good man, good head on his shoulders and he was right, I do respect him. Not trust worthy.

“Tate I want you on one of the buildings. Whichever you like, I don’t care,” I said looking back down at my file. “Have your favorite toy at the ready; see someone with a body on them, drop ‘em. I’ll be running mission control from the van with Jordan,” I said closing my file. “Ben you take my spot in the inner circle with Eva.”

“Ann I can’t,” he said shaking his head. “They will recognize me. I’ll take Jeremy’s spot in the outer circle, he and run the centers with Eva.”

Benjamin White: twenty-nine, former med student. Caucasian, 1.75 meters with dark brown hair and blue eyes. I’ve known him for nearly four years now. He’s stayed with me even after his longtime boyfriend, Bradley James, died saving me from a fire that was meant to kill me and twenty-five innocent people. Ben was my oldest friend. Not trust worthy.

“Reasonable,” I nodded handing him the folder. “Any questions?”

“Yeah I got one,” Jeremy said and I sighed heavily.

“What do you want to know?”

“Why aren’t you running inner circle like normal?” he asked with a slick wag of his eyebrow.

A small smile spread across my lips, “do you know what event the target has chosen this time?”

He shrugged, “a vigil, right?”

“A candle light vigil for someone who died in a plane crash over the ocean,” I said slowly, looking back out the window. “A dead woman shouldn’t be seen at her own ceremony, people would talk.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!!! what did you think? review? maybe? please? pretty please?

how are you all? good? bad? meh? well i hope this made your day a little better and if not then maybe to new that im publishing another chapter tomorrow will!

yep! tomorrow, just before midnight (central standard time, when it's still friday ;] ) i will publish chapter three! cause it's done and fabulous!

anyway, for my american reader: HAPPY FOURTH! for everyone else: HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

ttfn,

-Katy