Status: If you like this, please tell me and I'll update :] Please comment?

Forget Me Not

3

I grabbed my cell and walked out the door towards the donut shop, as I had told Kaiden I was back for another one of his amazing creations. He smiled when he saw me walk through the door. I smiled back, I ordered another of the special donuts and some chocolate milk and as he had done yesterday, he sat down across from me. “So, what days do you have off?” I asked curiously. “Uh, I work all week, but I come in at like five and leave about seven-forty-five everyday before school, but on weekends I come in at seven and leave at twelve, which is closing time.” He explained. “Oh, okay, cool.” I said. He laughed, “What are you laughing at?” asked. “You, because you asked me a simple question and I gave you a long complicated answer and you just say, ‘Oh okay.’” He smiled at me again. I didn’t really understand why this was funny to him, but I didn’t ask. I didn’t want to ruin the light mood. I just laughed along with him and changed the subject. “How long have you lived here?” I asked curiously. “Uh, about two three years, I am not sure,” he laughed. I laughed along, “Well, what now?” I asked monotone. He looked at me and smiled again, “What?” I asked him, referring to his smiling at me. He just shook his head, “Nothing.” I was starting to grow frustrated with his vague answers. “What school do you go to?” I asked casually. “I go to Oak Valley High,” he told me. “Oh well what school do you think I’ll go to?” I asked hoping it would be the same school that he goes to. We discussed more casual subjects and then I decided to go home and get ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow is my first day at my new school, and I desperately need it to go well. I readied my self for tomorrow’s experience, and went to bed.

I was putting my make-up on when I heard a knock at the door, I waited for my brother to get it, but apparently he didn’t do that. “Kyle, would you please get the door?” I asked annoyed. “No.” was his simple answer to my request. I rolled my eyes, “I’ll get it then!” I said dramatically. I opened the door to find Kaiden standing there, “Oh, it’s you.” I said surprised to see him standing on my front steps. “What are you doing here; shouldn’t you be at the shop, or heading to school?” I asked confused as to why he was here. “Well, I thought I would drive you to school and help you find your classes.” He said hopefully. I smiled, “Okay let me get my hoodie and my keys and I will be right back. He nodded. “What’s up?” Kyle asked Kaiden trying to sound cool. “Nothing much little man,” Kaiden responded. I came back out of my room, “Kyle, mom and dad aren’t going to be home until later on tonight; when do you get out of school?” I asked my little brother. “Uh, I think around three-forty-five,” he grabbed his backpack. “Okay, I don’t know when I will be home; do you have your key?” I asked him. “Yeah, I’ll be fine just go, if I need you I will call you, okay?” he reassured me. “Okay.” I finally grabbed my stuff and left. He wandered off into the kitchen. “I love you; have a good day, bye!” I yelled before we left. “Sorry it’s just that we aren’t really used to being apart like this, I am so worried that he won’t make it without me.” I explained. He just smiled, “Its fine I get it, I’m like that with my little sister too.” I smiled too.

We arrived at school; we parked towards the front of the school, two kids ran over to us as soon as we got out of the car. “Hey!” the girl squealed excitedly. “Hey dude,” the guy said coolly. I noticed right away that the guy had both sides of his bottom lip pierced, so did the girl. “We leave for thanksgiving break, and you come back with a new girlfriend,” The girl asked jokingly. He laughed and said, “She’s not my girlfriend, she’s a new friend.” He explained to them. “This is my best friend Oliver, AKA Olli.” He said pointing to the boy. “Hello there, Amethyst.” He said nicely. Next he introduced the girl, “This weirdo is Sapphire.” She frowned, “I am not a weirdo!” she exclaimed. Then she turned to me, “Hey, yeah I am not a weirdo he is just mad that I took his best friend from him. He just laughed at her though, he rolled his eyes and turned to me; “Shall we find your classes?” he asked sweetly. I nodded and we departed from his friends. “Can I see your schedule?” he asked. I pulled the folded up piece of paper out of my purse. I handed it to him, “Hmm… well looks like all but one class together.” He smiled. “What do we not have together?” I asked curiously. “Girls P.E.” he explained. “I tried to get in but they just wouldn’t take me.” He joked. I laughed and we headed toward our first class, “Welcome to Health!” the teacher greeted us when he noticed us walk in. “Hey Mr. Miller!” Kaiden said casually. I looked at him confused at how comfortable he was with the teacher. Back at home no one was that comfortable with teachers, this place is way different.

The bell rang and it was finally time for lunch, Kaiden and I walked up to a table with bags on it. “Isn’t someone already sitting here, though?” I asked confused. “Yeah, but that’s Olli and Sapphires stuff,” he laughed. “They always get here before me.” I felt really stupid right now. I didn’t say anything else; I wanted to try to avoid those kinds of encounters. We walked off to get in line, “So how have you liked it?” he asked. I shrugged, “It’s been okay so far, I still really miss home though.” He put a hand on my shoulder and said dramatically, “Well then, we’ll just have to change that.” I laughed. “What are you doing after school?” he asked slyly. “I am going home to be with Kyle.” I told him wondering why he wanted to know. “Oh.” His face fell. “Why?” I inquired. “Oh, well I figured if you weren’t doing anything after school that maybe I could show you the rest of the city.” He looked at the floor waiting for a reply to his statement. I thought this over for a minute, “I understand if you don’t want to.” He said sadly. “No, its not that I don’t want to, I just don’t know what to do with my brother.” I thought about the options I had. “Well I can stay home or I can leave him by himself.” I didn’t like the second too much because I wasn’t used to having to worry about him and I didn’t want him by himself. I really wanted to go with him but I couldn’t just neglect Kyle.