Status: If you like this, please tell me and I'll update :] Please comment?

Forget Me Not

8

The whole day kind of slipped by, so it was really no surprise when I looked at the clock and it was five o’clock in the evening. We were in the middle of yet another movie when Mom and Dad arrived back from wherever they had disappeared to earlier. Mom walked into my room with an exhausted look on her face, “Well we talked to the moving people; they won’t actually be able to move all of our stuff for about a week; so we have a week left here in New York.” I nodded in understanding. I really don’t enjoy being reminded that the greatest thing that had ever happened to me would soon be ripped away just as things were starting to feel normal again. I dreaded going to back to the source of all turmoil in my life.

“Kaiden?” I broke the silence. “Yeah?” he answered. “Would your parents get upset if you took a little vacation?” I asked vaguely. “Amethyst, what are you getting at?” he asked, a hint of worry in his voice. “I just really don’t feel like going back to Green Oaks, and figured that maybe… you might want to accompany me to… somewhere else.” I admitted trying to sound as reasonable and sane as possible. “Do you really want to do that?” he asked seriously. “Yes.” I answered simply. “Well you know that I’d do anything for you but within reason of your health and well being, and I’m not real sure that running away falls into that category.” I frowned, and sighed. He grabbed my hand, “You can’t always run from your problems, I know that seems to be the logical easier choice to you, but it’s not good for you, it’s a bad habit Amethyst.” I pulled my hand away and looked him right in the eye, “I’m not running from anything! I’m doing what’s best for me and if you don’t like that then I’m sorry. I will decide what’s best for me, not you or anyone else.” I exclaimed angrily. He looked at me with a look of sadness. He said he cared, but how could he honestly say that when he was looking down on me for making a responsible choice for my well being?

I stormed out of my room leaving him on my bed. I really just needed to take a walk right now. Alone. I walked down the path Kaiden and I had walked so many times. This time it was only me, and that was fine as of right now. I collected my thoughts and came to that conclusion that with or without Kaiden I would leave this place, not back to Green Oaks, but somewhere else.

When I walked in the front door Kyle was watching TV on the couch. I looked at him sadly; the downside to all of this was that I’d be leaving my family behind. But I had to do this… I walked into my room where Kaiden was sitting on my bed; he hadn’t moved since I’d left. He gave me a half smile, “I’ve decided that if this is really what you want, I’ll go with you. I don’t approve, but I need to make sure you don’t get into any trouble, and the biggest reason, I can’t be without you not knowing if you’re safe or where you are.” He explained.