Status: complete.

Crash.

Vic.

Crash.

That was all it took so send me and Jaime to the floor as the elevator dropped ten stories. A few lights flickered and we were flung down to the bottom floor, landing with a boom as all the air left my lungs.

I shoved my long, brown hair from in front of my eyes and looked at the boy on the other side of the elevator, as far away from me as humanly possible. I growled to myself in annoyance. Why, of all people, did I have to get stuck with Jaime? We hated each other from the moment we both started working in the office two years ago in the same department. He was a cocky asshole and I didn't want anything to do with him. Somehow he found a problem in that situation and decided to make my life hell. I figured two could play at that game, so we spent our days playing pranks on eachother behind our backs.

"Vic, do you have any particular reason for the look you're giving me right now?" Jaime sneered, not bothering to stand from when we fell. I just rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just wondering why I got stuck in here with you instead of Hitler." I retorted, venom seeping into my voice. I sat up and leaned against the wall of the elevator. It was dark, but still daylight out, so I could see the outline of Jaime's face and body. Not that I wanted to, though.

"You know, Hitler would be nice to be stuck in here with. At least he would be tolerable," Jaime scoffed out. Once again, I didn't pay any attention to his words, and instead looked at my nails as if they were the most interesting things in the world right now.
A silence dawned over us and I was enjoying the absense of Jaime's voice, until I heard a chirping noise. 

"Shit," Jaime mumbled and reached into his back pocket, for a phone, I presumed. From the looks of it, his iPhone had just died. I chuckled, enjoying his frustrations. 

"Is your phone dead?" He asked me after a minute. I pulled it out of my pocket, seeing it at almost full battery, but without service.

"It's fine, I think the elevators are making it impossible for us to get any signal." I told him. He sighed and finally stood up to pace back and forth. He seemed to be limping a little, so I pointed it out.

"I think I landed on my leg wrong, I cut it on something but it's nothing to worry about. Not like you care," he grumbled. Touché.

"I don't care, but I don't feel like hearing you complain about it for the next few hours. Let me take a look." I said. He whined, but sat down again and I crawled over to him. 

"Thigh or calf?" I asked. 

"Thigh," he said suspiciously.

"Dude, you gotta take your pants off, I can't help you if you don't." I said reluctantly. He jumped in right away.

"Nononono, Fuentes, I'm not fallin' for that one-"

"Idiot, I just need to see the cut. It'll only take a minute." God, he was so stubborn. He grumbled through the entire process of taking off his jeans. He threw them around his ankles, leaving his boxers on (thank god), and hopefully the cut exposed. 

"You gonna continue to stare, or what?" He bitched, and I didn't realize I had been. There was something about his legs I had never noticed before, but I wasn't going to say anything. 

"Where's the cut?" I asked to try and focus on the topic at hand. 

"Left leg, it's like, here," he pointed to his mid-thigh. I moved over to his left and low and behold, a really deep cut that was bleeding pretty badly. I had to get something on there to stop the bleeding, so I looked around, but there wasn't anything available. There was a first aid kit up at the ceiling, but even if I could get to that, I'm sure it would only have a few bandages.

I started to lift my shirt off my torso when Jaime's arms pushed it back down. 

"What are you doing?" He asked skeptically.

"Something's gotta stop the bleeding, and this is all I've got." I then finished taking my shirt off and he bent his leg so I could have better access to the cut. I wrapped the shirt around his leg tightly, so that I could make sure the bleeding slowed enough.

A few minutes of silence passed and I was starting to feel antsy. The emergency phone wasn't working and I had no service, so the only way someone would know the elevator broke is if a person outside went and told the front desk downstairs. I was hungry, too, because I had just gone on my lunch break and Jaime apparently too. I looked over at him, leaning against the wall, staring up at the ceiling. He looked bored out of his mind, but calm, somehow.

"How are you so... Okay?" I asked and stood up next to him.

"Hmm? Oh, I dunno. I just, I guess I'm seeing this as a good thing, that we don't have to go back to work until we get out of here." He told me softly. I considered that for a moment, but it didn't help that I was starting to feel claustrophobic. The walls felt like they were moving closer and I couldn't breathe right, so I took breaths faster and slid down the wall. I think Jaime noticed at some point, but I didn't care. And then I felt a hand rubbing my back, which surprisingly calmed me down. 

"You okay?" Jaime asked.

"N-no, I feel confined and I'm scared," I told him, out of breath. 

"Why are you scared? We're safe, Vic," he said.

"I'm scared that we're gonna be stuck in here forever and the last face I'm gonna see when I die is yours!" I yelled. I think I saw some hurt in his expression but I was too preoccupied to notice. At least the walls were holding steady. Jaime continued to rub my back until I felt calm enough to stand back up. 

"Vic?" He mumbled. I looked at him skeptically.

"What?" I asked, wondering why the hell he wanted to talk to me.

"You really don't like me, do you?" He said. I was a little taken aback. It wasn't like he was asking me in an angry way, because his expression stayed soft. I felt obliged to go a little easy on him.

But then again, this might be another trick that he could use against me in the future.

Either way, I figured I should tell him the truth. "I dunno. I mean, why do we even have the back and forth in the office everyday?" I started. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that we hadn't ever said anything to eachother about why. Why we hated eachother and did all that stuff.

"That, uh... That's a good question. I don't really know." He said and rubbed the back of his neck. A nervous habit, probably. Mine was roughly pressing my hands together, which I had started to do subconsciously. 

A sudden movement of the elevator, like someone was shaking it violently, took all thoughts of care out of my mind. I screamed and Jaime was freaking out too, silently. Meanwhile I was yelling at anything and everything in sight.

"What the fuck! Someone help us! I don't want to die in this elevator someone find us!" I yelled and edged closer to Jaime. His arms encircled me as we swayed violently back and forth in the elevator. 

"Whatever's out there, you don't know who we are! Are you trying to kill us?!" I cried. I let everything go and tears flew down my face. I was completely overwhelmed and I heard Jaime shouting incoherencies to whatever was making our lives hell. I stretched, trying to feel some comfort or protection in his arms, but nothing changed. Jaime gripped me tighter as the ceiling started to break and fall in, and we both slid down to the ground. I snuggled into his body, still sobbing and he cried out for the movements to stop.

I hadn't realized, but somehow our faces were centimeters apart, I could feel his breath on my lips and I knew there was a chance of us not getting out. Without a moment's hesitation I pressed my lips to Jaime's and forgot about everything going on around us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know what I planned to do so