Status: Active.

Ghost in the Mirror

Chapter 11

Ricky's P.O.V

It's been half an hour since the boys left and I'm sat downstairs with a tub of ice cream and some crappy TV show playing. Okay, I'll admit, I'm a little scared of going upstairs, but I think most people would feel the same way. A ghost isn't exactly normal.

Mum is in the bathroom getting ready for another date. For the past couple of months she's been on this internet dating website, and I guess I'm happy for her. It can get lonely around for her when I'm at a friend's. The only problem I have is that it's online. You can find all sorts of weirdos on there.

"Ricky! I'm going now!" She announces while trotting downstairs. I glanced up and smile, she's wearing the dress that I brought her for Christmas.

"You look great mum." I say while standing up.

"What are you after?"

"Hey! I'm offended." I place a hand over my heart in mock horror, making her roll her eyes.

"So dramatic, but thank you honey." She smiles before placing a kiss to my forehead and grabbing her coat.

"I'll be back around 12 if everything goes okay, make sure that all the windows are shut before you go to sleep and do not answer the door to anybody."

"Yes! Yes! I know mum, now go and have a good time." I order while walking her to the front door. I quickly open it for her and give her a kiss on the cheek and she ruffles my hair.

See you later, love you."

"Love you too mum, be safe!" I call down the path as she walks to the car.

After the car drives off I close the door and wander back over to the couch, plopping back down into the pile of blankets and grabbing the ice cream and focusing back on the TV.

But it isn't long until my bladder needs releasing, which of course means going upstairs. I sigh and run a hand through my hair, it's going to be fine. Devin would of done something by now.

I stand up and make my way upstairs, wincing slightly as the floorboards creek under my weight. Looks like going silently isn't going to work out. I sigh and steer off into the house bathroom. Mine is closer to Devin's room...

I lock the door behind me and quickly do my business before I turn to the sink and wash my hands. I take a glance in the mirror before looking back down at my hands...wait a second. I look back into the mirror and gasp. I spin around to confront it. But nothing was there. With a frown I turn back...and he's still there.

"D-Devin?" I whisper, my eyes scanning over his body. He's wearing a plain black long sleeved shirt with a black scarf wrapped around his neck along with some skinny jeans and some combat boots to top everything off.

"Richard." He returns, making me jump a little. With his feminine features I thought that his voice would be higher, but it's actually rather deep.

"I-It's actually just Ricky." I correct, my lips twitching slightly when he frowns. He's got to be the most adorable ghost ever.

"Oh."

"It's fine, loads of people have made the same mistake." I smile lightly which he surprisingly returns. I seriously have no idea why I was worried.

"Um..can I ask why I can only see you in the mirror?" I say, biting down on my lip piercing lightly.

"I think it's something to do with power." He starts,"I'm not exactly powerful, a few flickering lights and opening windows."

"So is there anyway to gain power?" I ask, it would be easier than talking to a mirror all the time.

"Give me your arm." My eyes widen, but I gulp and turn around. I slowly hold out my arm and shortly after a cold grip snakes around my wrist. I gasp lightly and let my other hand grip onto the sink, this is a stupid idea. He could be doing anything and I'm just going to let it happen.

But when the faint outline of Devin appears my mouth drops open. After another couple ofseconds or so the cold grip is gone and he's stood in front of me. Damn he looks even better up close.

I raise my hand to his face and trace his jaw, a joyful smile on my face as the cold skin touches mine.

"Woah, so did you like use some of my energy?" I ask, eager to learn more about this.

"Yeah, so I apologize if you get tired." I smile and nod, before stepping back a bit.

"So...um, would you like to come and watch films with me?" I ask, wanting to get out of the cramped bathroom and back into my bundle of blankets.

Devin nods and gives me a grin. This night is going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so freaking sorry this took so long. It's also rather shitty so please forgive me.