Status: Active.

Ghost in the Mirror

Chapter 14

Balz's P.O.V

It was just a simple question. I didn't expect him to actually show me, but you know the saying, curiosity killed the cat. And in this case, curiosity has nearly killed the Ricky.

"So can you seriously possess people and shit?" I'd asked him, making the pale boy shrug lightly and point to my arm.

"I can try?" He suggested. And y'know, who else could say they've been possessed by a ghost? So I gave him my arm and watched patiently as his cold grip slipped around my wrist. And seeing as it was his first time it took him a little while to properly understand and use it, but he did finally get it.

And now I'm stuck. I can't do anything apart from watch as Devin looks down at my body and wiggles my fingers. I can feel him inside my mind as well, trying but obviously failing at staying away from my memories. It's kinda uncomfortable actually, like someone is repeatedly poking at your side. I feel as if I have the right to do the same, so I begin to concentrate on the part of my mind which is occupied at the moment.

It's like barriers. You have to break through earlier memories first to get to the more recent ones. The memories first started with just small pieces here and there, a playground, a sand castle and what looks like a mother and father holding hands and kissing. I smile at this.

As more memories begin to show themselves to me more I begin to see a pattern of the once happy couple arguing and crying. I gasp to myself as in one memory I see plates smashing into walls, looks like Devin had a tough up bringing.

But as soon as I get through the childhood years and into the teenage ones it's like I'm being thrown back into my own side of the mind as a steel door slides across the memories. I guess I was poking around a little too much.

I cry out in my mind while watching as Devin makes me grab Ricky by the hair and press a small blade to his throat while pulling him off the couch.

"Devin! No no Devin stop I'm sorry!" I scream to him, watching helplessly as the others are starting to shout at us. Angelo is talking to us quietly and edging closer while Chris is shouting at me. Ryan is just staring at us, his features filled with fear.

I can feel Devin's anger and sadness from behind the barrier that he's managed to build, this is all my fault.

"Devin, please. Take it out on me, not anyone else!" I plead while mentally banging on the metal wall.

Suddenly, I can feel my body again, I can control myself again. I gasp and stagger back while looking down at my hands. I drop the blade and run a shaky hand through my hair, gulping down oxygen and finally looking up at everyone else.

Oh God, Ricky looks fucking terrified. Not as terrified as me when Devin appears behind him though.

Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever ;-;