Status: Active.

Ghost in the Mirror

Chapter 2

~ 5 years later ~

"But Mummy, I don't wanna leave Daddy!" The young boy complains once again, throwing his blanket on the car floor, not noticing how his mother's face is covered in tears. He was too young to realise what was happening, too naive to understand why this was happening. But no longer could the fragile mother deal with her husband, the violent and raging man, not the kind, loving and sweet man she married.

"Daddy can come and visit, Ricky! He can come over for your 6th birthday, does that sound nice Sweetie?" Her tired and raspy voice asks, and soon her son is smiling again and nodding, clapping his hands together lightly. But of course she had no intentions of letting that happen, she has had this planned for months. Wait until he's on another 'buisness' trip, before taking her son and moving states.

After some time, finally they have made it to their new home. After parking out front she looks over at her son, who is still asleep in the back, cuddling his little teddy and snoring lightly. Sighing lightly she looks out of the window at the house, not one of the nicest of places, a little spooky if you ask her, but she was not staying with that man ever again.

Before she can even step out of the car, the estate agent phones her.

"Linda Olson?"

"Yes?" She replies.

"I was just wondering if you'd arrived yet, we had some men over yesterday to clear everything out for you, and if anything is wrong just call us." The voice informs her.

"We've just arrived, and i'll let you know."

"Good! Enjoy your new home!"

"Thanks." She says before hanging up, not really wanting to deal with someone happy today.

Linda climbs out of the car and walks around to Ricky, picking him up lightly and wrapping his blanket around him. Smiling lightly at her son, she grabs the house keys and slowly walks to the old but elegant front door.

She herself has no idea why this place was so cheap, the place was old but beautiful. After unlocking the door, she lets it slowly creak open, making chills race up her spine. Gulping lightly she steps inside, her small heals making a clicking sound on the wooden floor. She quickly find the light on the wall beside her and snaps it on, letting the place flood with light. And the estate agent told her no lies about this place, just marvellous.

"A new start for us Ricky, away from him." She whispers softly, stroking her son's forehead lightly.

But of course what she doesn't notice, lurking on the landing, is a very confused and angry ghost. His skin whiter than chalk, his eyes glaring down at them and a small knife tucked away in his pocket. No one entered his home, no one had the guts. Even the work men from yesterday didn't dare venture upstairs, they did their job quickly and left, not wanting to believe that something was watching them, stalking them, playing with them.

They would be gone soon, whether they would be dead or ran away screaming, they would be gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Shrugs*