Status: Active.

Ghost in the Mirror

Chapter 4

~ 3 years later ~

Devin's P.O.V

It's that time of year again, that horrid time of year that I try so hard to forget, but of course it's never so easy. I tell myself to stop thinking of it, tell myself to focus on something else, anything else. But it's hard. After all these years, you would think that I would be over this, but nope. It's not like i'm sad about what happened, i'm better off this way, but I just wish that I could feel again.

It's late at night, very close to midnight and all I can do is wonder aimlessly around the old house, now furnished and made to look beautiful in Linda's eyes. I don't know why I never made this family leave, I just guess they grew on me, it gets lonely sometimes.

I sigh to myself while looking outside one of the many windows, the snow swirling together before settling down on the branches of trees, I could never get over how beautiful the snow was, the pureness behind it, the beauty it showed.

Looking away from the window, I can't help but stare at the first door of the hall. I slide away from the window and let my body take me to the door, my hands sliding along the walls. After arrival, I mold through the wall and into the room.

It's dark, but I can make out the small body tucked away under the many blankets and sheets. I move over to the side of his bed and sit down lightly, my body making the bed dip slightly. I turn so my back is facing him, and let my eyes trace over the room. It hasn't changed much during the years, but Richard wasn't one of those people who spent ages in his room, he hated it.

This is what I liked about the family, they entertained me. Only these two though, the father and grandmother I have a strong hatred for.

I'm lucky I was there in time to help Richard, or I doubt he would even be walking properly, hell maybe he wouldn't even be breathing. But now that it's over, I strongly recommend that his father doesn't return. And the grandmother, gosh that woman is unbearable. Her insults thrown towards Linda, and her judgement of Richard, bitch.

Soft tapping starts on the window, I look over and see the rain, making me look away and glare lightly at the floor. Rain used to calm me, now it makes me angry and edgy.

I lie down next to Richard and stare at the ceiling, before wrapping my arms around myself and closing my eyes. I might be a ghost, but even I need sleep.

I push the thoughts of loud footsteps and manic laughter, before drifting to sleep peacefully for the first time in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't like this chapter, but eh.