Status: Active.

Ghost in the Mirror

Chapter 7

Ricky's P.O.V

While sitting down next to Balz for The Office, I guess it is guilt that makes it way into my thoughts. Telling me how wrong this was, and I should put the diary back. But for some reason, I just ignore it all, the stubborn side of me kicking in. It's my house, so why shouldn't I read it?

Soon enough though, I find myself too engrossed into The Office to even remember why I'm feeling guilty.

"Boys! Come in here and help me with the ingredients!" Mum shouts from the kitchen, we all groan a little but know not to mess with Mama Olson.

We all jump up and walk into the kitchen to see her carrying pots and boxes filled with probably ingredients. Jesus, I know she likes cooking, but all of this could feed me for a lifetime. We all quickly jump in and take the boxes off her, before setting them down on the counter.

"Um mum, are you planning on ending world hunger with all of that?" I half joke, but knowing her she would actually try something like that.

"Don't be silly Ricky, I'm helping cook for the summer fate next Friday, I thought it would give me something to do." She explains smiling lightly at everything in front of her.

"We could help if you like?" Chris offers, I nod along and the others seem content with it.

"Such helpful boys, you chose good friends Ricky." Which of course makes them all turn and nod to me, while pointing to my mother. I quickly give them a few hand signs before she turns around again.

Soon she starts telling us to unpack the ingredients and set up some equipment which we had no idea how to use, eh, leave Ange to do it.

I'm just about finished with the unpacking, so I turn around to speak with Chris. But before that could happen, someone bumps into me, and the next thing I know, flour has been tipped down my whole body. Laughs fill the air around me, along with the giggles from my mother, I look up at the culprit and find Ryan holding the half empty flour box cuddled into his chest while laughing into Chris' shoulder. Twats.

"W-Why not go for a shower while we tidy up Ricky." Mum stutters, trying to contain herself. I nod and go to turn around, but see a flash go off over by Balz.

"Joshua Balz, delete it." I growl, but he just shakes his head before shoving the phone down his trousers.

"You can come and get it if you like Rick." I sigh and shake my head.

"I hate you all." I comment before storming out of the kitchen and towards the stairs, thoughts on how to get Ryan back flooding my head. While climbing the stairs I do my best not to let much flour fall onto the floor, mum will make me scrub it up.

I soon make it into my bedroom and glare lightly as the flour starts to fall everywhere, muttering under my breath I move towards my bathroom. But I stop suddenly...it seems a lot colder than before...eh, probably just my imagination. I wander forwards again while pulling off my once black shirt and throwing it randomly onto the bathroom floor.

I switch on the shower and wait a couple of seconds for it to warm up, before stripping down completely and throwing myself into the shower.

After washing the flour from my hair and body I switch off the shower and slide open the door. Fucking hell, I thought it was cold in my room. Quickly wrapping a towel around my waist I walk over to the mirror and pick up another towel for my hair.

And that's when I look up. A boy is behind me, his eyes locked onto mine. He looks familiar but before I can stop, I've dropped the towel and a loud shout/scream comes from my mouth.

I jump around ready to defend myself...But he's gone. I look around in disbelief before turning back to the mirror. That's empty too. You're going mad Ricky...

"Ricky?! Are you alright in there?" My mother's voice calls from outside the door. I take one look back in the mirror and around me before answering.

"F-Fine, it was just a spider."

"Nasty little buggers, come back down when you're ready." She orders, before I can hear her walk away.

I pick up my towel before starting to dry my hair again...why did he look so familiar? And why the hell did I imagine him inside my bathroom? Sighing and shaking my head, I finish drying myself off before getting dressed into some new clothes.

I'm about to walk out when I remember the diary in my other jeans, so I go back and search for it...but it's gone.

Nothing. Nada.

Then it suddenly comes to me. The boy I saw in the mirror, was the same boy in the photo. I shake my head lightly and jog out into my bedroom. I must have dropped it somewhere, I'm always dropping things.

I check under my bed, among the shelves and under clothing. I know it was in my pocket when I came into the room, I remember the weight.

After a couple of minutes I sit down on my bed and put my shaking hands between my knees.

This can't be happening.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-da!