Status: Finished :)

Laura

One

“You sure you want to do this?” Logan asked as I made my way towards the metal table.

I nod my head, lips tucked inside my mouth in deep concentration. I needed these nightmares of my past to stop. And the only way to do that was to face them. Head on.

“Alright.” Logan sounded uneasy, but I ignored him.

“Good to see you again, Laura. Please, make yourself comfortable,” Professor X says with a warm smile.

Laura, the name Logan had given me when I first came here. I was still getting used to being called that, but I was liking the name more and more every day.

I give the Professor a half smile back as I step onto the metal table and adjust my head on the small pillow.

“Now remember to relax and breathe. I’ll be going into your mind and trying to relieve you of your memories. If at all you feel uncomfortable, tell me and we’ll stop,” The Professor reassures me.

I nod, close my eyes and take a deep breath. I feel the Professor’s hands on my scalp and a pool full of memories break loose in my mind.

“You sure we should do this? She’s only a little girl,” a woman called Sarah said.

“Doctor, we have made it perfectly clear that if you don’t like what’s happening, you are free to go,” an emotionless voice snapped.

Sarah nodded.


I shifted my eight uneasy, for I knew what was going to happen next.

“Get her in the tank! Move it!” The voice barked.

I mentally saw a younger me, a scared twelve year old girl being dragged to her doom.

My eyes had widen at the tank and I start fighting back, anything to get away from it.

“Boss! The kid is acting up again!” shouted one of the men who was dragging me.

“Just get her in there,” the voice responded lazily.


My head thrust from side to side and I feel my claws starting to come out.

They managed to get me in there, chained down and put some sort of breathing tube over my mouth and nose. And that was when I realized that I was going underwater.

I tried to scream, but the mask covers my face, not allowing me.


I grind my teeth together, sweat starting to form on my brow.

“Breathe, kid. Remember to breathe.” I faintly hear Logan’s words over the sound of my shallow breathing.

“Start the procedure in 3,” the voice demands.

I start to sweat like crazy, head tossing back and forth wildly on the pillow.

“2,” the voice calls out.

“Charles, I think we should stop now,” Logan said.

“1.” Just as the words left his lip, I staring screaming.

Needles everywhere were coming at me, sticking to my skin. Unimaginable pain was all I could think off. I felt wounds opening up and closing again all over my body.


“No, no. Make it stop. Please make it stop.” I moan, my voice getting loud and louder with each word.

I twisted and turned, but no amount of wiggling would free me. My hands felt like they were on fire, my feet killing me. And those cursed needles still stuck in my skin, mocking me.

I felt my claws starting to peek out from my knuckles.

“Charles, I think this would be a great time to take a break,” Logan urged, but like last time, the Professor ignored him.

Suddenly, the massive pain wave stopped in my hands and feet, leaving just a hurting throb. I craned my neck to see that 2 metal claws are attached into my skin and are sticking out all the way. And there was one sticking out of my foot.

I scream, claws fully out.

I fight even harder to be released, not wanting to be in the cage for a moment longer. I want to get out! The small tank was making me claustrophobic.

“Somebody stop her!” a panicked voice commands.

“No, let her proceed,” the voice orders.


I’m back to groaning, my hair sticking to my scalp.

I finally get free of my bonds and start tearing furiously scratching at the think glass.

I faintly feel Charles’ hands gently rubbing my sweaty head, in a smoothing, relaxing way. My claws gradually start retracting, cuts opening and closing in the process.

The cage finally breaks, water spilling everywhere. I glare, snarling at the people who gawk at me with curiosity and confusion.

I rip the bonds that had held me captive and jump from the glass box, claws fully out.

Using my highly effective combat skills, I start attacking everyone in the room, my goal to reach the silver box, high up in the corner. That is where
hesits, watching in amusement.

“Don’t you think we should call in more guards?” Sarah asked, concerned for their well-being.

“Watch the girl. Have you ever seen anything like it?” he asked, a pleased grin starting to form on his face.

“You’re sick, you know that?” Sarah glared at him.

“That doesn’t bother me, dearie.” He responded.

I was getting closer, closer to the man who had ruined me. Just as my claws we about to go through the glass,


I woke up with a start.

I sat up, gasping for air like I had been underwater.I turn and see Professor Xavier smiling at me.
“Very good, Laura. Releasing your memories and staying as calm as you did is a very good start. I stopped you there because I think you have had enough for one day,” Professor X said with a small smile.

I nodded and scooted my way off the table.

“Good job, kid,” Logan said, slinging his arms around my shoulder.

I half smiled and nodded.

“You know, I know a really great ice cream shop just down the street from here. You wanna go get some?” he asked as we quickly walked through the halls of the Xavier Institute.

“Sure. Race you to the gate. Loser buys.” As soon as the words left my mouth we started sprinting, careless of the people around and free of haunting memories that keep you awake at night.

I laughed as I quickly gained on Logan, knowing that he would be buying.

I didn’t have any money anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :)