Status: Sorry it sucks <3

Fatal.

Just the beginning.

Vampires.

A breed I had grown up around for as long as I remember. The "home" I used to be in was run by vampires, and every child that was there was a vampire, in one sense or another. All except for me, no one knew what I was, everyone said I am just a human that smells like a vampire, others believe I am a different type of vampire all together. But I didn't want to think that I was any different to the rest of the people who were in the home the same time as me.

The friends I had made there have now been my friends for years, we all live together after a two year gap where we all decided to go our seperate ways, only just meeting each other a couple of months back, and here we are, starting a new college year, being close to all the people that we had always been close to throughout all these years.

But I could tell the guys new something was off with me, especially Devin and Chris, who are the two I am closest to, we all tell each other everything, so when one of us had a secret it meant that something was seriously wrong. And I knew that they wanted to know by the glint in their eyes. See the difference between me and my friends would be noticable to anybody who even dared to glance in our direction.

While all of them are very manly guys, both me and Devin are the two more feminine of the group, which none of them have a problem with, we all knew what Dev liked to do in his spare time, and it's his own choice at the end of the day. But even Dev's eyes didn't change colour like mine did when I was upset or angry, see vampires eyes have two colours, their usual colour and then red, meaning hunger.

Mine are completely different. I cannot have a simple eye colour anymore, because my mood changes so fast that I gave up trying to explain to people that I had changed to wearing contacts, nobody believed me anyway when I used this excuse so I stopped. I can't say I have ever seen my eyes change colour for the fact we cannot see ourselves in mirrors, but the guys have told me, and I believe them. Why would they lie about something like this after all?

"Ricks? Are you okay?" That is Devin, he is always concerned when I seem to just space off into the distance, and he always brings me back to reality, he is one of the only people who know what a bad place my mind is for me, but he would never know the full extent of my thoughts and my feelings, and it will stay like that. I feel someone squeeze my hand gently and I know that it's Chris, those two are like a team when I'm feeling so down about myself.

"Ricky, Ricky? Are you there? Come on talk to us!" And there was Angelo, the 'daddy' of the group. He's the oldest and the one that changed me years ago, after knowing what happened with my family, he got me out of there and introduced us to the guys. We have all been friends ever since, he is always there for me, because I'm the only created vampire that is existing now, the rest died out years ago, along with my family, I had something hiding my vampire qualities though, and no one knew why, but it was helpful when the others needed to feed, who could resist an innocent hurt kid after all?

Someone is shaking me and I start to snap out of my thought yet again, looking around the room I realise that everyone is here and staring at me, something that I have always hated. Let me tell you who lives here before you get confused. There's the blackveilbrides boys, Jinxx, CC, Andy, Ashley and Jake, the pierce the veil boys, Tony, Mike, Jaime and Vic and also Oliver sykes and the rest of his band, who we all rarely see.They are all born vampires, but are always here to help out when I get like this.

"I'm fine guys, I just zoned out and these freaks" I bump my hips gently onto Chris and Dev and smile at them before continuing "are overworrying as per usual, you know how it is." I smile around the room, trying to convince them all that I really am fine, but they know if Chris and Dev see something that they don't it's a reason to worry about me. Like you can probably tell, these guys are far too overprotective of me sometimes.

I look over to see Ange kneeling down in front of me, concern lacing his expression as he gently holds onto my shaking hands. This has been going on for a while now, and I knew it wasn't good, but I hate being the centre of attention so I haven't voiced my concerns to the rest of the guys yet. "Horror, you're freezing, paler than you should be, your bones are poking through and you're shaking." Ange was muttering to me, but I know the rest of them can hear because suddenly everyone has moved to grab blankets, and someone is calling Lee down, he's the doctor of our little group. It is a pain having people worry, but I know I need it.
♠ ♠ ♠
it sucks. i'm sorry.