Cotton Candy

1/1

Bill Weasley walked aimlessly, trying to get back that innocent feeling of not knowing he had had back in his school days. He walked sluggishly, into the three broomsticks, and plopped down on a seat at one of the small tables in the back.

An old lady with grey hair and a purple hat sat down in the seat opposite him, and tossed a butter beer in front him. He gripped his hands around it and took a large gulp before looking up at the woman and thanking her.

She smiled at him and commented on his sad expression.

“What’s got you all down?” she said, taking a sip from her own large glass.

Bill didn’t quite know what to say to the woman, so with a sigh he began, “I just flew in from Tinworth to visit my family.”

She stared at him and tilted her head to the side.

Bill stared back before opening his mouth in response, “That’s not true,” he said glumly, “My fiancé and I had a bit of a quarrel, and she kicked me out. But I am staying with my family, for now.”

He sighed at the thought.

Bill looked back down at his butter beer and took another drink. He placed the mug on the table and looked across from him to find the old lady had gone and a girl around his age was in her place.

“My grandmother told me you could use a bit of cheering up,” the girl smiled at him, sticking her hand towards him, “I’m Tonks.”

Bill shook her hand and stared at the girl, admiring her pink hair.

“I’m Bill,” he replied.

He smiled at her and touched the ends of her hair.

“Well, this is interesting,” he observed, smiling.

“Yours is, too,” she replied, nodding towards him.

Bill sat up and reached his hand out to hers. She latched their fingers together as he gently pulled her out of the three broomsticks and into the frosty air. She shivered, and he pulled her closer to him.

Bill began telling her the story of the fight he and Fleur had. She listened closely, walking and looking into his eyes the entire time. She responded with one of her own, about her and a man that couldn’t control himself, a man with a side she could no longer handle.

Bill looked into her eyes and wished he could make her happy again. From that moment he knew he couldn’t stop until she was.

“Tell your grandmother I said thanks for sending you over,” Bill whispered to her. She looked up at him and he placed his lips gently against hers.