Status: [updated 5/07/14]

Dead Boys Don't Love

Dead Men Tell No Tales

We sat in the dark of the living room, her brown hair falling down and framing her face. I leaned back into the arm of the couch, watching her watching me watching her. I leaned a little to the right, grinning as her breath hitched.

"Who are you?" she demanded, her voice barely higher than a whisper.

"Conor," I said with a shrug.

She leaned forward, her dark eyes wide, reaching a hand out. I flinched at first, staring at her painted nails.

"Damn girl, maybe you should make an appointment to declaw yourself first, coming at me with knives attached to the ends of your fingers."

She drew her hand back, then slowly, reached forward again. She grazed my cheek, assumingly gentle to her. To me, it felt like a bucket of water had been tossed at me. I reached up and felt my own cheek. Hmm.

She let her arm fall back to her side. We sat in silence for a few minutes.

"What are you?" she whispered again. As she talked, her breath sent strands of her hair up, then back down again.

I leaned forward, looking all around.

"Come closer," I whispered back. She did. I beckoned her forward more. "Closer."

Her face was inches from mine, her eyes nearly black. I leaned towards her ear, watching as her eyes fell shut, listening as she took a deep breath.

With a grin, I said one word. The only word that mattered.

"Drunk."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry this chapter took so long. A lot was happening involving my job, but hopefully I'll get back to a normal writing pattern. Thank you to everyone for being patient with me.