Status: [updated 5/07/14]

Dead Boys Don't Love

Dead Men Tell No Tales

The next morning I heard Olivia shifting around in bed and looked over at her. I had crept into her room after she went to sleep, taking a seat at her desk where I spent the night trying to turn her computer on to no avail.

Olivia gasped and sat up quickly, staring at me. One strap of her red top had slipped down in her sleep, revealing a bare shoulder.

I grinned at her. “You look like you've seen a ghost.”

“Oh, God.” She flopped back in bed and shivered, pulling the covers up as she turned over. “I thought you were a bad dream.”

“And I thought you'd be hotter in the daylight. Turns out we were both wrong.”

She sat up again. “Don't you see some kind of light you should be going towards or something?”

“I already explained this isn't some Ghost Whisperer episode.”

“Huh?”

“Nothing.”

I watched her slide out of bed, pulling a white robe around herself. “How long have you been sitting there?”

I shrugged one shoulder. “Since you fell asleep.”

“You watched me sleep?” Her eyes were wide.

“No, I did not watch you sleep.”

She shook her head. “Get - get out. I need to get dressed.”

“Are you always this rude to house guests?” I asked, standing from the desk and slowly moving by her. She slammed the door behind me, clicking the lock into place.

My first instinct was to figure out a way to lock her inside her own bedroom. My second instinct was to the follow the sound drifting from the stairs. I did that instead, taking the steps two at a time.

The hallway was small, like the rest of the house. I found the first door open and peered inside.

The woman there stood in the middle of the room, doing yoga while the news played softly on the TV. I grinned, coming inside.

“You must be Olivia's mother.” No answer. “Rude, just like your daughter.”

I flopped down on her bed, crossing my ankles and putting my arms behind my head. She looked over at me when the sheets rustled.

I focused on the TV, chanting in my head for the channel to change. It didn't budge. I let out a huff and closed my eyes. I could get damn groceries to move at my will, but not electronics? Terrible, this curse that has befallen me.

“What the?”

I opened my eyes to the voice and grinned. The channel had changed, a cartoon now flashing on the TV.

“Bingo,” I said, rubbing my hands together. Then the channel changed again, and again. I stared down at my hands, curious. Harry Potter ain't got shit on me.

“Olivia! Olivia I think something's wrong with my TV! Olivia!”

“I'm coming, Mother!”

I could hear panic in Olivia's voice and laughed. She stared at me once she reached the door.

“Olivia?”

Olivia snapped to attention. “Hmm? Oh, right. Uh. Well, if it keeps acting up I can make an appointment with the cable company.” She crossed her arms. “Or an exorcist.”

I stopped laughing. Could she really do that?

“Fine, fine,” I grumbled, pushing myself off the bed. “See you later,” I said to her mother, pushing against Olivia's shoulder as I made my way by.

“Now you're terrorizing my mother?” she hissed at me quietly, bolting down the steps behind me.

“I wouldn't call that terrorizing.”

“That's it, get out. Get out of my house.”

I stared at her. Something inside me felt... weird. And the next thing I knew, I was staring at the outside of her house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time, no update, huh? I'm sorry that I haven't been updating, I'm trying to figure out where I'm going with this. It always seems to go in a different direction than I had figured it would. But I promise I'm going to keep trying hard to update (and I don't mean months away from each other like I have been) because I meant what I said - I don't want to leave this story behind.