Manic

Lithium

Dark brown eyes met mine and slightly widen. Alarm filled them before she put her hands on the table and pushed herself back making a high-pitched squealing noise when the chair legs moved quickly against the floor. She jumped up and ran towards the hall and I immediately drop my fork into my lunch plate before jumping up myself to follow.

The bottom stairs bathroom was wide open and I peeked in to see her hunched over the toilet. The seat was straight up in the air and her fist clenched and body jerked every time she heaved.

I walked behind her and replaced one of her hands with my own holding her black wavy hair up and using the other to rub her back.

The homemade Cobb salad she just served to us was being regurgitated into the porcelain bowl without even being broken down yet by her stomach acid. The amount grew lesser and lesser until she just dry heaved and expelled saliva.

I let go of her as she leaned back and hit the wall resting for a moment. I grabbed a dry wash cloth off of the shelf before running it under cool water and wringing it out before placing it on her forehead.

She smiled faintly before taking it and whipping off the newly formed sweat and putting it on the back of her neck. She stuck her hand up and I pulled her up before she went to the mirror and got the extra tooth brush we kept down here for this very moment and began to clean her teeth for the second time that day.

I took her spot against the wall and rested my head looking up at the ceiling and exhaled a gust of air I had been holding. I let it hang in the bathroom as silence overcame us. I heard Nech spit out the paste before rinsing her brush and putting it away.

“I’m sorry babe, what were you saying,” she looked back at her with her back eyebrows furrowed with a mix of curiosity and apology on her tan features.

My bushy brows shot up as I racked my brain trying to remember what our conversation was even about before her episode.

“Oh yeah, Logan said Katie wanted to have dinner with us tonight,” I regretted my choice to tell her.

She didn’t seem well.

“Okay,” she smiled excited at the idea of seeing one of her best friends no doubt.

“You don’t have to if…” I trailed off.

“I’ll be fine Kendall,” she smiled.

I grew concerned but she walked off before I could question her. I followed her to the kitchen where she opened a cabinet and pulled out the orange bottle. Opening it she extracted one tablet and closed the top again before going to the table where there was a glass of water waiting.

“Maybe we should talk to the doctor about getting you off of Lithium,” I spoke concerned but she scoffed.

“No Kendall, it helps,” she insisted as always before we dropped the subject.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let’s do this ya? Tell me if you like it.
-Neche