Manic

Glass Hearts

Four days. It had been four days since Neche's incident and I was heading to the hospital to see her.

"Kendall, back again I see?" The security officer patted me down making sure I wasn't bringing in any dangerous weapons before I smiled at him and continued on. I recognized him from the last time Neche was in the psych ward.

They switched her over to behavioral health that night she was sent to the ER and I've been here everyday since.

I waited by the entrance next to Larry, another visitor and a couple I did not know.

"Hey man, did you catch the game?" Larry asked.

"Naw, was it good?"

"Ya-" he was cut off by the door opening. We walked in to find our patients.

The couple seemed anxious, probably their first time in a place like this.

I didn't focus too much on it as I searched for my wife. I spotted her outside reading a book.

I went to the glass doors and opened them exiting to the fenced up porch similar to that of a prison.

"Babe," she looked up and smiled lightly. She was getting better over the last couple days. At first she wouldn't look at me or talk. Now slowly she was getting back to her normal health.

Also the new meds could play a part too although they said it'll take a while.

Bupropion and Abilify.

Bupropion for the morning and the depression while Abilify was an anti psychotic that helped her sleep.

"How are you?" I kissed her cheek and sat beside her.

"Wish I was home..."

"Nech," I sighed.

"I know but my 72 hours is up." She widened her brown eyes at me and I nearly caved as she looked up through her lashes.

"The doctors and I think it's best you stay at least a week, so you can get adjusted to the new medication."

She sighed in defeat but ultimately agreed.

"Trust me I miss you Nech. I want you home but I want you healthy more than anything."

"I know... I wrote a new poem today, I was thinking of making a book of poems you know. That would be easier and get the publisher something to play with while I relax."

"Can I hear it?"

She nods and brings out a folded piece of paper from her pocket; she begins to read.

"The man in red loved the girl in blue and nothing could stop the two.

Dancing in fire filled nights and kissing in the rain they made love to the wind chimes singing their name.

He couldn't stop the whispers and she couldn't stop the shouts but they both could hear perfectly together.

Loving the sound of glass breaking the two would sweep up the pieces of glass hearts.

They couldn't help themselves only each other. For they never really recovered.

They can love though. Two mates bounded by souls they kiss in the rain but the fire never goes out.


What do you think?" I just smiled and leaned over to kiss her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me how crappy the poem was in the comments.
Title of chapter is title of poem.
-Neche