Manic

Her Interview

I watched Neche walk from behind the long maroon curtain onto the stage toward Conan. They shake hands before hugging with smiles; Neche’s thumb twirled her wedding band and I tapped my foot to the ground as she sat. She was nervous.

“So, tell us about your book ; Confessions of an Addict’s Daughter,”

“Well I wrote it about two years ago and it came out 6 months ago so it’s doing pretty well,”

“I read it and it is amazing,”

“Thank you,”

“So this is a true story, correct?”

“Yes, it’s just my experiences growing up in the midst of addiction.”

“That must’ve been awful,”

“It wasn’t the best but I digress,” she smiled lightly and he nodded.

“You sure did, so tell me. Who are some of the characters in the book?”

“Well me, and my whole family; I focus on my mother, father, sister, brothers, and cousins because their uses affected me the most.”

“How did they take it? You, mentioning something so personal about not only you, but them?”

“Umm, they were hesitant at first but I told them I wouldn’t make it unless they were all okay with what I wrote. They eventually realized it was my story as well as there’s to tell.”

“Okay, we are going to take a short commercial break but we’ll come back more with Neche Schmidt.”
After break.
“So we’re back with best seller Neche Schmidt. Neche you were seen hanging around with rising actress Katie Harron? Does having a famous pop star for a husband get you famous friends,” I tensed but Neche laughed it off.

“No I actually knew her for years before I even met my husband, she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She is has an upcoming movie too.”

“Oh yes, um… Dead Camp 2 right?”

“Yeah, she did great in the first one didn’t she?” She was great at taking the focus off of herself.

“Yeah, now she’s the only character from the first so she stole the spot light.”

“Well she’s an amazing actress, good in horror films but she has a lot more depth to show you guys yet,” I smiled, Katie will probably scream when she sees the interview from the good press.

“So back to your husband, you met him at a concert?”

“Yes, his concert. I was a fan because I like what he sings and he apparently liked what he saw,” Conan wiggled his brows at the camera while the crowd wolf whistled and I just laughed out loud to myself.

“So back to this book. I really do love it. What do you think of the critics saying it’s a new form of self-help book for addicts?”

“I never intended it, I was just trying to tell my story but if I help in any way to help people help themselves to get sober that’s awesome to me.”

“Okay, unfortunately we are out of time but please check out Neche’s book Confessions of an Addict’s Daughter, and Neche it was a pleasure, I look forward to your future writings.”

“Thank you, I loved being here,” They went to commercial break and they stood and hugged again before she walked back to the green room.