Status: Sorry.

Agonium

006

"Pass it to me next."

The bedroom door was shut allowing the smoke to gather, and eventually the air began to fog. There was that sweet, alluring scent that I could taste on my tongue every time I inhaled, and god, how I have missed this.

The summer has been long and lonely, but Mason's hand is on my knee as he takes another hit.

It's hot in his room, and Chris is loudly chattering to Jacob and Rose, but I'm at home and I couldn't care less.

Mason hands me the piece with a smile on his face, and for once, I'm smiling back. Everything is calm, peaceful, and most of all, I feel loved. I take my hit as any other would, and I'm trying not to grin like an idiot.

I cough a little, try not to giggle a little, and pass it to Chris. His brown eyes are so bright, complementing his gentle (if not a little grating) voice, and I'm glad he's back in town. I've missed him.

"When's he coming to pick you up?" I almost missed the fact that Jacob was talking to me.

The sense of serenity falters for a moment at the mention of my father, but the air smells promising and Mason's hand is now on my thigh, providing constant pressure.

"Who cares about that asshole," Mason barks out. He ducks his head and kisses me chastely on the forehead. Now I really am grinning stupid. "I'll drive you home, Lovi. You need to get out of that house once in awhile."

"Get some sunlight while you're at it too!" Rose giggled, and I wish I could hear that sound more often. "You're pale as the damn moon, my friend." She raised her bottle as if she was proposing a toast, and Chris even let out a 'cheers to that!'

I laughed.

I don't remember the last time I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a deadline to finish the rewrite.
I'm totally not sobbing and having an emotional crisis.
I'm totally okay!