Status: Sorry.

Agonium

007

"Don't touch me!"

Leo's sitting on the edge of the bathtub with his knees curled close to his chest, and there's blood dripping from his lip.

He says that he fell while playing outside, but Dad's passed out drunk on the couch, and I know better. I've been here too.

I'm clutching a wet washcloth, and a smile is tugging on my lips as I kneel closer to him. "Don't be such a baby," I tease, "this won't hurt much."

Leo's turning his face away from me, still protesting, and tears are welling up in his eyes. His split lip will certainly be swollen in the morning, but it isn't bad. He'll heal in good time; it's nothing to fuss over.

"Leo, c'mon, let me see it." My voice is lower, more commanding. It has that hit of a motherly tone to it, and I'm used to hearing it in myself. I grab his chin gently and force him to look at me, although Leo doesn't resist.

His lip trembles as I press the cloth to it, dabbing the wound slowly. The white cloth dirties, Leo lets out a sigh, and I'm not sure whether it's one of pain or relief. Eventually he closes his eyes, but he's gripping the ceramic of the bathtub so hard that his knuckles are turning white.

"Done," I mummer as I pull away from him. "Now, it wasn't that bad, was it?" I offer Leo a half smile, but his eyes don't reach it. He's focusing on the tile, and he's picking at the hem of his shirt. He's making sure he won't have to acknowledge me.

I toss the washcloth in the sink before I grab his hand, "You know, you can come in my room if you want. We'll watch anything that you care for. Sounds good?" There's no where else for him to go. There's a mass snoring in the living room, and Leo has never had a bedroom to call his own. He exists wherever he can fit into, and he's made his home a cove, not quite a bedroom, but good enough for him. I can offer him a safe haven this time around; I can protect him from our parents like I used to.

I'm still his big sister, and Leo is still mine. I need to do anything for him, and I'm so ashamed that I haven't been there for him enough.

"Yeah, that sounds nice." He's shy. He's afraid of me too, but he leads me out of the bathroom into my own bedroom; he's afraid I'm going to change my mind, so his steps lag and his breathing is controlled. "Thank you, Lovely."

I'm trying not to cry.
♠ ♠ ♠
do you ever think... that maybe.. you care too much about a cartoon...

(im talking bout steven universe)