Cinderhorror

A Slave Unto You

My Mother hugged me as she walked by and I smiled.
"Good day, Ricky?"
I nodded and clung to her arm. We walked for a while in silence.
"Mother?"
"Yes?"
"Why does Oli hate me?"
"He does not. He's just not used to someone else being the centre of attention."
I sighed.
"He's horrible to me."
"Aw, Ricky, sweetie."
We were stood by The River and I shuddered.
"I miss Him."
Mother lay her hand on my shoulder.
"As do I."
We began to walk home. I stared into space.
"RICKY!"
I felt someone push me and I fell to the ground. I heard horses whinnying and people yelling. I rolled over, groaning. I sat up and held my head.
"Mother?"
I saw a carriage overturned. A single show could be seen from underneath. Tears welled up as I stared at my Mother's foot.
"MOTHER!"

--------------------------------------

"RICKY! UP!"
I shot up right, panting. I rubbed my eyes and looked at my Stepfather. He was glaring.
"Oli and Austin will be awake soon."
I scowled at my Stepbrothers names and and got up, going for a shower. I was only about ten minutes. I hopped out and towel dried my body and hair before getting dressed in my normal black get up. I went downstairs, pulled my hair back into a ponytail and then begun to make breakfast for my Stepbrothers. They came running downstairs, cackling at something. Oli smacked me round the back of the head as he walked by. I flinched before giving them their breakfast. I lurked in the doorway, waiting for my daily list of chores. My Stepfather came rushing by, slamming me into the wall. I cried out and hit the floor.
"The Prince is holding a ball! We're all invited!"
Oli looked at me. Austin coughed.
"Even him?"
"Yes. Ricky will be attending."
I sat up, my heart beating fast. Was he serious? He turned to me.
"Clean the attic whilst we get ready."
I nodded, jumped up and ran. I'd cleaned the attic a few days ago so it wouldn't take too long. I ran in and started.