Black, Blue and Red

Chapter 2

I awoke the next day with a splitting head ache and a very sore shoulder. A loud beeping sound came from the side of my bed. Ugh I groaned trying to get up so I could get ready.
“Excuse me ma’am but your not in any condition to be up and about.
“Hm, what do you mean, and who are you?”
“I’m Nurse Jensen, I have been checking in on you every few hours for the past week.”
“Oh, um...?”
“You’re in the hospital, a young man called us and said their was a young lady lying on the ground unconscious and bleeding.”
“Oh, ok.”
“The doctor says you should be able to leave this afternoon, but please stay still you’re still under the influence of sleeping drugs.”
“The man who brought me here where is he?”
“He should be in the waiting room, he comes in everyday to check on you. Do you know him?”
“I don’t think so, I don’t remember anything except that I was coming home from the bar and from there my memory is blurry.”
Then came a knock at the door.
“Come in” said the nurse.
A man who looked maybe 20 at most and about 6’ 3” . He had golden brown eyes and shaggy dark brown hair and really quite attractive.
“Hi” I squeaked.
“Hey, how are you feeling?” he said in a deep velvety voice.
“Fine thanks, um have we ever met before?” I asked.
“No I don’t think we have, I’m Aldred but my friends call me Al."
"I'm Riley, and may I say its a pleasure to meet you."
"Pleasures all mine" he said, his eyes showing a fierce glint.
"Excuse me Nurse Jensen but when may I leave?" I asked.
"Now if you like." she replied
"Thank you for everything."
I turned and grabbed the clothes I had been wearing at the bar and went to the bathroom and dressed.