Status: Active

I'll Bow for Your King When He Shows Himself

02 ~ Unfamiliarity

I awoke to unfamiliar surroundings, wrapped in blankets that definitely weren't my own and on a couch that felt like leather, something which definitely would never be found in my home. As a vegetarian, leather is a no go.

Not willing to waste time blinking myself awake slowly, I forced my eyes open and sat up. Even though the light in the room was minimal, I could see the shapes of typical living room furniture; a tv and a coffee table, as well as what looked liked a glass of water in said coffee table. Everything looked rather tranquil when only bathed in morning light seeping in from a window.

Before I could really think about the situation or where the Hell I was - not to mention why - it was obvious to me I needed to turn the lights on. The natural light in the room was no where near adequate, so I yanked the dark blankets from my body ad scrambled off the couch.

Even though the settings were completely unfamiliar, it didn't take log for me to locate the light switches. They were by a door, which appeared to be unlocked.

I most probably wasn't being held here against my will; it seemed so unlikely to be a kidnapping if the front door was right there and unlocked.

That did remind me of the most important question, though.

Where was I and why?

Thinking back, I tried to remember the events of last night; this wasn't the first time I'd woken up in an unfamiliar apartment, but usually that was because I'd gone home with someone the night before.

I didn't remember going home with anyone, though.

I didn't even remember going out to a bar.

What I did remember, though, was a dark haired boy with a shiny piercing.

"Oh, you're up!" a soft, chirpy voice shattered the silence that was previously present in the room, making my body jolt slightly in surprise.

Almost cautiously, I spun around, immediately fixating my eyes on the man across the room. He was most definitely the man from last night, either that, or his twin. There may have been low light, but he was so close up after that flash, I saw him perfectly.

"Um, yeah" I answered, more than than a little awkwardly. The man had just waltzed in, as if nothing was out of the ordinary; he was acting like I was his room mate or something.

"How are you feeling?" The boy asked, strolling forward towards me and looking up at me with big, brown eyes. He was only wearing black pyjama bottoms, meaning I could see the array of ink decorating his skin. Mainly black, the patterns and pictures he had tattooed stood out beautifully; the artist was clearly talented.

"Confused, mainly" I half-mumbled, following him slowly back to the couch when he gestured for me to.

I took a seat next to him, feeling a little dirty wearing last night's clothes.

"I meant physically, but that's a fair answer. I'm guessing you're wondering why you woke up on my couch?" He smiled as he spoke, revealing slightly pointy white teeth.

"Well, yes". I could feel myself relaxing as he spoke, feeling much more comfortable sat next to him than I was when I was alone.

Strange, that. I couldn't think of a reason why I'd feel better sitting next to a stranger; maybe it was because he appeared to be genuine and nice, rather than a psycho... It was still a weird feeling, though. Like a wave a calm was pushing itself over me. It was most definitely strange.

"Do you remember last night?" He questioned, head tilting to the side slightly.

Pushing the thoughts of the strange wave out if my mind, I answered as best I could.

"Um, I remember you. I saw you last night... We were... We were in an alley? Yes! We were! Crap, I was attacked, wasn't I?! And... But... There wasn't pain... I... A man had a gun... And there was light... Lots of light and you..." I stuttered to the end of my sentence, the reality of last night's events washing over me. In my post-sleep state, I hadn't properly thought everything through; now, though, I was most definitely awake, and my brain craved to know the answer to one question about the mysterious man in front of me.

Compared to the first part of my sentence, though, it came out almost like a whisper.

"Who are you?".