Blood Curse

Scarlett

The killer pointed the gun at her forehead, the lust for blood that hadn’t been slated with the latest murder evident in his crazed eyes. The dagger—her dagger—held in his other hand gleamed brightly with her blood in the Seattle night lights, and Minerva remembered wondering why her blood seemed so bright.

Wind had been warning her for several months that she had been behaving with arrogance, so it was no one’s fault that she was staring in the face of death. Flight or fight had numbed the wound on her thigh, but she knew that it continued to flow freely. The wound would need to be closed soon or she would bleed to death.

Reason and all thought abandoned her, the primal need to survive forced her to reach out the power she hated but loved at the same. Minerva tried to convince herself that she was doing it for Erica, that she had to live for her but she knew that wasn’t entirely true. She wanted the power too, craved it. The power was addictive, the feeling of invincibility a powerful drug.

The killer, an ordinary man given the courage and power to act on his dark, bloody fantasies, grinned manically as his finger squeezed at the trigger. Minerva tightly closed her eyes as she frantically grabbed for the power that would save her from the bullet, but remained stubbornly out of reach.

“Now you die, demon bitch.”

The gun shot rang loudly against the already loud sounds of Seattle.

Heated liquid—blood her brain informed her—splashed across her face.

Erica…

Then the darkness of death consumed her, crushing down on her like a roaring wave.

Sorry…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, tell me your thoughts. It really does help.