Keep Me Guessing

Flirtation

My hands come up to hide my burning cheeks as an embarrassing squeak passes my already parted lips. Will's hand is gently rubbing my thigh, waiting for me to say something in reply to his description of what I thought was the girl he fancies. If my assumption is correct, it isn't a female he fancies at all; it's a feminine male with a thing for cross-dressing that he fancies... That male being me. Of all the people that Will could like, in that way, I never in a million years would have guessed me if he didn't just imply it to me.

And then it hits me. That's all that happened. He implied that it is me he fancies, and I completely freak out, embarrassing myself far more than I ever have before. He didn't actually say that he likes me, and he hasn't even said anything farther about the subject. Not that I really have given much room for discussion with my reaction to his description. Now I just feel like a complete fool. I should have gotten clarity before I reacted because what if it isn't me he was talking about after all. How embarrassing would that be? Everything would be made so much worse that way.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I let out a quiet whine as my hands run over my face in frustration. Peeking through my fingers, I nibble at my bottom lip, watching Will's reaction. He's just sitting in his seat, hand still placed atop my thigh moving in soothing circles with a smile stretched across his lips. He catches me watching him through my fingers causing his smile to widen and my cheeks to turn to darker shade of red. Taking in a deep breath, I pull my hands away. "I don't- Is it... Me?"

His reply comes in the form of his hands reaching up to cup my ever darkening red cheeks delicately in his hands. "You tell me," he whispers before gently placing his lips over mine in a short, soft, barely-there kiss that has my head full of St. Valentine's hearts; my stomach full of fluttering butterflies; my heart racing; my knees weak.

"Yes," I breathe, my eyes fluttering open as my body fills with a blissful sensation. Will's thumbs barely brush over my cheeks as he watches me, his smile seemingly wider than it had been before. My teeth pull my bottom lip in, claiming it their hostage to abuse- nips and tugs being chosen.

"How about dinner tomorrow night?" He asks it so nonchalantly, as though it isn't a huge deal. Though, I suppose, to him it might not be as big of a deal as it is to me. I respond through a nod, not trusting myself with words as I have embarrassed myself in front of Will far too much already. His face breaks out into a huge grin while his hands fall from my cheeks to wrap around my thin waist in a semi-awkward hug that I gladly return, my arms wrapping themselves around his shoulders, my face burying itself in his neck. If we weren't still seated, it would have been an intimate hug, but the chairs make things a tad... awkward.

-♥-♥-♥-


The next day I find myself awake far earlier than normal, as the excitement for what is to come becomes prominent. After dressing quickly in a pair of yoga pants, hung low on my hips, and a soft cotton v-neck that leaves a small sliver of my stomach exposed, I lace up my running shoes. Tying my hair up in a messy bun, I check to make sure I have my apartment key before heading out for a run to distract my excited mind.

Just as the elevator doors are about to close, someone shouts, "Hold the elevator!" I push the button to reopen the doors, and stick my hand it the way to keep them open while my eyes move to find the owner of the voice. Jessica's father comes rushing down the hall, his breaths coming out uneven as he runs only to slump against the wall of the elevator after he enters. "Thank you," he breathes out, voice slightly wheezy.

I smile, murmuring a thank you, before allowing the elevator to take us to the lobby. I hug my crossed arms to my chest, forcing my shirt to ride up slightly more. Nibbling on my lip, I look over at the only other occupant of the elevator out of the corner of my eye only to find his eyes glued to the exposed patch of skin on my stomach. Blushing, I nibble my lip harder, afraid to draw attention to the fact I had been watching the attractive man as well, so I don't dare readjust my shirt.

Allowing my arms to fall back to their natural positions at my sides, I take in a deep breath before realizing I still have no idea what this God-like creature's name is. All I really know about him is that he's Jess's father, he lives next door to me, and he's far too good looking to be Human. "Um," I start off, moving my body to face him as my eyes scan his face, "I don't mean to sound... Well, rude, but I've realized I never did learn your name..."

His features went from confusion to recognition so quickly it was almost as if he weren't confused in the first place. "Oh, right! Oops, my bad," he laughs before holding his hand out to me, "I'm Alex." I shake his hand before reaching up to tug gently on my earlobe.

"Zeke." He nods in understanding just as the doors open to allow us access to the lobby. Motioning for me to go first, I step in front of Alex and make my way toward the door before stopping. Turning my head back to look at him with a smile I say, "It was nice seeing you again."

He smirks, his eyes falling down to stare at my bum as he responds, "It was. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow," he pauses for a moment before adding a flirtatious tone, "Zeke." With my cheeks burning, I hurry to make my way outside, away from Alex as to not embarrass myself farther. My mind distracted from my date with Will for the first half of my run before it all comes rushing back to me.