Found

I Will Find You, Dean.

I was sitting on the couch in a lousy motel, I knew exactly how to fake IDs, credit cards, and everything I needed to be a hunter. I was doing what I always did, I read the paper in the morning while sipping on a cold beer. I was looking for a job, having just finished one. It was simple enough, just a vengeful spirit on the loose. I burned his bones and the job was done, just like that.

The door opened and I looked up quickly, not having expected anyone. I grabbed my gun and put it in the inside pocket of my coat. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the hunter I had worked this case with walk through the door. "Castiel?"
"Yeah?" I asked, returning back to the paper. She sat across from me at the table.
"I can help you. We could work together, we made a good team, y'know." She stated. I looked up at her, my eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm not sure that that is a good idea, Amelia." I put the paper down, taking a sip of my drink. She looked slightly upset, as if she had been looking forward to working with me. I knew that I couldn't waste my time looking after someone else. I needed to find Sam and Dean. After I found them, I wouldn't want to work with Amelia anymore. "I would like to. I mean, you were extremely helpful, but I need to find someone." I said, trying my hardest to state the facts as they were. It was hard being human, I had to eat, drink, sleep, and deal with all sorts of emotions that I had never experienced before.
"I could help you find them."
"I would leave you immediately once they were found." Why couldn't she see that I was trying hard to get her to leave me alone?
"I'm fine with that." She said, crossing her legs and tilting her head to the side slightly, a smile playing on her lips.

I sighed heavily, knowing now that no matter what I said, she was coming with me. It may help, I thought to myself. She would be able to actually drive so that I would no longer have to use public transportation and walking. "Okay, Amelia."
"For the last time, Castiel, it's Amy." She smiled.
"I'm sorry, Ameli--Amy." I looked at her closely. "I think we need to find them quickly. They probably think that I'm dead, anyway."
"Why would that be?"
"My whole species has fallen."
"Humans?" She asked quietly, almost as if she knew the real answer would be no.
"Angels." I whispered.

"Angels?" She asked, thoroughly shocked.
"Yes. I am human now, but I was an angel."
"How?" She asked. I proceeded to tell her what had happened to the angels and to heaven.

---A Few Weeks Later---


Amelia and I had gone through almost a dozen cases in the past few weeks, none of which helped us find the Winchesters until we stumbled upon a case of demonic omens in Illinois. I knew that they would come because they have the knife. They have one of the only things that can kill a demon.

We arrived in the town and checked in at the only motel. After we checked in, I went up to the woman at the desk and asked her if a Sam or Dean Smith had checked in. He knew that Sam and Dean were more likely to use Smith as their last name when checking into motels. "Why yes, Dean Smith checked in with another man."
"May I have their room number? They're close friends of mine and we're in town for a little reunion."
"Of course. They're in room 301."
"Thank you." I walked quickly down the hall, looking for the room she had told me. I muttered '301' under my breath. I couldn't believe that I was actually going to see them again.

I found room 301 and took a deep breath, knocking on the door. I heard movement in the room and I bit my lip, nervous.
The door opened and Dean's jaw dropped. "Cas?"
"Hello, Dean." I said. Dean wrapped his arms tightly around my neck. I snaked my arms around his waist equally as tight. At that moment, I knew that I found everything I was looking for. For the first time since I became human, I felt complete.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi sorry for the crappy ending.

I hope you liked it.

comment ~ subscribe

michaelryanpritchard