Status: Active! I'll update whenever I can. xoxo

Young and Reckless

Three

After we got home I got showered when my mom called. She just wanted to check up on us and make sure everything was alright.

Speaking of parents, I’m sure you’re wondering where mine and Lin’s are at, right? Well when I turned 18 I moved out of my parent’s home and moved across the country to live on my own and experience life differently. It was a really tough decision to move to California all the way from Alabama, and it only seemed logical to bring my best friend with me. She had a cousin in San Clemente and he promised us it was a great place to live. Luckily I had just started doing a little bit of modeling back home and what better place to promote my career than in California?

I wouldn’t ever trade moving here for anything! And yes, Lindsey is my roommate and it’s great to just constantly get to chill with your best friend and not to mention I have complete access to her closet! If anything it just brought us closer together.

But sometimes we get a little too close, like right now when I’m trying to take a nap and recover from last night and she won’t stop jumping on my bed. “Ryyyyyleeeeee! Ry! Lee! Stop sleeping!” All she got back was me punching her in the leg. “Get your ass out of my room!” I yelled at her.

She just laughed and plopped herself down beside me, “So what’s the deal with you and Ryan?” Honestly I don’t know how to answer that for her, there is nothing going on. “Nothing, he isn’t looking for a serious relationship and neither am I. We’re just friends, period.”

As soon as the words left my mouth my phone started ringing. “Oooh, is that Ryan!?” Lindsey screeched. I just ignored her question, and she took that as a confirmation to her question. “Just friends my ass” she muttered and left the room, giving up on getting any more information out of me.

“Hello?”

“Yoo, what are you doing?”

“Oh hey Ryan, trying to get rid of this killer headache. You?”
He laughed, silently agreeing with me considering we both had had a pretty rough night. “Nothing, just chilling. So I was wondering if you and Lindsey wanted to come over and hang with me and the boys tonight?”

“Yeah, that sounds like fun! I don’t think we’re doing anything so,” It was pretty hard to sound chill about the whole thing because truth is I was really excited for this.

“Aight, cool. Well we’re just gonna grill and swim so you guys can come over whenever. Should be fun.”

“Okay well sounds good, can’t wait!” He could probably hear the smile in my voice. The door opened just a crack and Lin poked her head in. That means she’s probably been standing outside the door listening this whole time. I held up my finger to my lips in a hush motion, signaling for her to keep quiet.

“Alright well, I can’t wait to see you. See you tonight” I smiled at that, maybe he was excited for this too. I think it’s perfectly normal to be excited to see your friends, right? Hopefully.

“Oh my God! He likes you, he likes you! Ryan Sheckler likes you!” Normally I would have kicked her out but I was in a really good mood after that call. “Yeah well apparently Tony has a thing for you too, so shut up! Tony likes you, Tony likes you!” I gave it right back to her. This is just how we were, all fun and games until I get tired and kick her out.

“I’m getting in the shower, and I suggest you do the same. Guys don’t like girls that stink.” She ran out of the room, actually taking my advice. I was surprised, but it was probably because of Tony. I’m glad she has her eye on somebody now though.

I took a long hot shower, hoping it would help the pounding in my head. I made sure I shaved and stepped out looking into my now foggy mirror. I decided to let my hair do its own thing since we were going to be swimming and it was naturally wavy so it doesn’t look bad. Saving my makeup for last so it would be fresh, I slipped on my bathing suit and just put on some shorts and a tank top over it. For my makeup I just put on some waterproof mascara and a little bit of lip gloss.

I walked into the living room, seeing that it was empty I’m guessing Lindsey wasn’t ready yet. We should probably be there at around 5, and its 3 now. Needing to kill some time I decided to watch a movie until then.

Lindsey came running into the room, screaming about some shirt she was looking for. “We seriously need to go Rylee! It’s already 5:00!” Shit, I let the time slip away from me. I guess we would be arriving fashionably late, as usual.
---

I’m not going to lie, I’m nervous. Tony had told Lindsey that we would be meeting “the crew” tonight. If they don’t like us then I can forget any chance I have with Ryan and the same for Lin and Tony. It seemed like forever ago that I had walked into this same doorway but for a party when in reality it was only last night. You could hear the doorbell echo inside the gigantic house, and it opened to reveal a girl with brown hair who I don’t remember meeting last night.

“Hey! You guys must be Lindsey and Rylee. I’m Taylor!” I’m glad she had been the one to greet us because she seemed like a genuinely sweet girl and it calmed my nerves a little bit, maybe all of their friends would be this cool.

“Yeah, we are,” I was trying to sound as friendly as possible. “Awh, okay. I’m so glad you guys could make it. Follow me, everybody’s out back!” She led us through the house and we went out back to the patio and the pool.

“Ladies, so glad you could make it!” Tony smirked and put his arms around us, leading us over to the group of people. “Let me introduce you to everyone! The kid with the curly hair is Casey, he’s dating Taylor who I see you’ve already met. Then there’s Ryan, the blonde one beside him is his bro Shane, and then the fat one over there is Mitch!” We all laughed at how he described everyone.

His crack on Mitch eased the tension of us entering their little circle and Lindsey walked off with Tony. I turned to face Ryan, who was standing there with his arms spread apart waiting on a hug which I gladly gave him. Holy shit, he smells so good! “Thanks for coming,”
I couldn’t help but grin, “How could I turn down an invitation like this?”

“Better be glad you didn’t, I would have hated for you to miss this.” We both laughed. “I’m sure tonight will be fun, but you sure do know how to throw one hell of a real party,” I said referring to
the night before.

“Yeah, well when you’re a professional skateboarder word gets around pretty quick.” He was basically the only guy in San Clemente that has open house parties. Like seriously, who does that?

“You hungry? The burgers should be about done.” Everybody fixed their plates and we all sat around the table, just getting to know each other.

“So how do you guys know Ryan and Tony?” Mitch asked us

“Dude, they’re from the party last night! I told you something good would happen eventually from all the party’s!” Tony told everyone. He always has so much energy, it’s crazy. Exactly the same as a certain roommate I know.

I ended up loving all of Ryan’s friends, they were so chill and after such a stressful move this is exactly what I needed. After meeting such great people tonight, I was starting to realize that I was going to fit in here just fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe! The quicker I get one, the quicker I update. Thanks to those of you that are reading and giving me feedback, it means a lot! Hope you guys liked this one :)