Status: Complete. Will do make a continuation if people want one.

Torn Rescue Loss

One-Shot

One (AN: One-shot contest entry. My words: Torn Rescue Loss. http://www.mibba.com/Forums/Topic/182ds-One-Story/ )

Ella Stone was your regular girl. She was seventeen years old. Nearly eighteen, and she had what seemed like to be the perfect life. Or that is how it was portrayed to the world.

Ella was starting her Sophomore year in high school. She had been dating Keith Evans. The schools football captain. Ella and Keith had been dating for two years. Ella adore Keith. She was his princess, and he, her king. Keith and Ella had met when Ella's friend joined the cheer squad. Her friend tried to get her to join, but she refused. Her eyes landed on Keith across the field, his eyes met hers, and they've been dating ever since.

Ella had met Conner about a month or so before school let out for winter break. She had immediately felt a connection to him. One night when they were studying, Ella had spilled something on Conner's shirt. In the process of wiping the liquid off of his shirt, she nearly kissed him. Which resulted in her kicking him out of her house. She felt it was wrong that she had a boyfriend, but she had started to develop feelings for her best friend. The next few weeks at school she was avoiding Conner, and he didn't know why.

When school had came back around, Ella had told Keith that she didn't want to be a 18 year old virgin, seeing as her birthday was fast approaching. Let's look in on the following night. Shall we?

"Wait." Ella said as she pushed lightly on Keith's chest, putting some distance between the two. "Before we continue, I have something that I need to tell you.." Keith climbed off of her and sat up in the bed. His eyes were narrowed, and his eyebrows had ran together as he anticipated the words that were about to come out of Ella's mouth. "A month before winter break. Conner and I were studying, and we almost kissed.." She said quietly as she looked at him from underneath her eyelashes.

Keith's eyes had gone black, as he got out of the bed. His breathing became heavy as he started to get angry. Ella took note in his demeanor, as she scrambled to get off the bed. She than ran up to him, tears were already swelling up in her eyes as she saw the pain in his.

"Baby, I didn't kiss him. I almost did." She said as she placed her hands on his back, trying to calm him.

"Almost doesn't count!" He said as he threw his arms up into the air. "It's the fact that you would even think about kissing him! That you would even want to kiss him!" Keith shouted at her. He then turned around to face her, and grabbed Ella's forearms.

"I didn't though! I couldn't stop thinking about you, which is why I stopped myself!" Ella shouted back, through her tears.

"If you were thinking about me, you wouldn't have 'almost' kissed him in the first place!" Keith growled at Ella before delivering a slap across her face. One so powerful that it knocked Ella to her knees.

"You don't belong to anyone but me. Is that understood?!" Keith yelled at Ella before picking her up, and forcefully throwing her on the bed. He then proceed to give Ella what she had previously wanted. To not be an eighteen year old virgin.

Weeks had gone by and Ella had told no one about the things Keith were doing to her. One day, Conner had saw Ella, and went up to her. He wanted to know why she had been avoiding him since that night at her house. He slung his arm around her waist, pulling her close to him for a hug, which resulted in her whimpering.

"What's wrong?" Conner asked as he narrowed his eyes in confusion.

Ella then looked up at him. She felt as if she was going to burst. She couldn't hold it in any longer. She led Conner to a supply closet where she told him everything.

"That son of a bitch!" Conner exclaimed.

"Calm down. I'm fine." Ella pleaded.

"Fine? That jerk raped you, and has been beating you. How can you expect me to calm down?" Conner said as he waved his hands around while he spoke.

"I don't know. I just don't want you to do something stupid." Ella said as she ran her hand through her hair.

Conner sighed deeply as he heard the school bell ring. "Let's go. We don't want to be late for class." He and Ella then left the supply closet and headed for class.

Four months later, it was Keith and Ella's third anniversary. And Ella had set up a dinner for them on the balcony of her parents house. Ella and Keith sat in silence for a moment while the pair ate. Keith then abruptly slammed his fist on the table, which caused Ella to jump.

"How long have you been sleeping with Conner?" Keith asked, angrily.

"I haven't slept with him at all. You're the only man." Ella said in a shaky voice. Scared of Keith's next move.

"Like hell I am." Keith said as he jumped up from the table. He then grabbed Ella by her shoulders and dragged her over to the balcony, and held her over it. "Who else have you had sex with?!" Keith yelled.

"No one!" Ella screamed back, in fear for her life.

The day before, Ella had told Conner that she would be having an anniversary dinner for her and Keith. Something that deeply worried Conner. He agreed to her doing it, because he knew she loved Keith, but he said that he would be in the next room, in case things got heated.

When Conner heard Ella scream, he rushed out the room in the back to find the source. He then was stunned when he saw Ella hanging over the balcony.

"Hey!" Conner called out. When he did so, he got Keith's attention.

Keith turned around and spotted Conner. "You bastard!" He called out towards Conner before throwing Ella to the ground. He then charged towards Conner.

The two fought for a while. Ella shouting to try and break up the pair. When her screams ceased to resolve anything, she picked up the phone and called 911 as the punches flew. While she was on the phone, Keith and Conner continued to fight. Their fight ended on the balcony when Keith threw a punch at Conner and missed. Conner dashed to the side as Keith's fist came at him. He then ducked once more as Keith tried again. Keith put everything he had in his second punch. Which caused him to lose his balance.

Ella was telling the operator her address when she heard a distant thud. When she looked out towards the balcony she only saw Conner. Keith had went over the edge. He died instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Torn: Ella.
Rescue: Conner.
Loss: Keith.