Status: Please enjoy and comment and subscribe and recommend

My Sense of Adventure

My Sense of Adventure: 1

esilia was very upset when it came to her friends, uncles, aunts, and any other person that really was close to her. Maybe it was because she had nearly no friends, or maybe it was because her uncle was in jail and the other one was mean. Or, maybe, because her aunt was always trying to get her husband out of jail, just never bothered to get to know her family. Perhaps it was because her grandfather was dead, and she had a step-grandfather, who, as a matter of fact, was very evil, and her grandmother was worse. She had a little world of hers, and she was queen of it, and if you messed with it, she'd mess with you. So, Sesilia never, ever seemed to talk to her, either. "Maybe if you gave them more of a chance," said Lily, one of her best friends. "No," Sesilia always replied back, "If they don't give me a chance, I won't ever give them a chance." And that's the only reason Lily would ever fight, and it was very nice for Sesilia because she knew that Lily was a true friend of hers.

Another reason could be classmates, in every class she went to, and they called her a dumb freakiziod. She was not, of course, but everyone thought she was. For, she, had always, always gotten D's and C's, which gave the impression she was very dumb (kids in the classes found ways of knowing everyone's grades) and since she wasn't nearly as social, she was called a "freakiziod". That was mainly the way of life at Kells Farlan High School in Long Island.

The good thing was that whenever Lily was around, she was never made fun of. Lily was very popular amoung everyone in the High School.

"There's too much a fuss about me," she'd always say. "I hate popularity. I don't know how it works, personally. If you're pretty and a B student. And if you're rich, maybe."

"Well, I won't say I'm rich, but I have enough money," I'd say, "And it's my grades that are pretty bad, so yeah . . . and I don't really know if I'm pretty."

"I think it's as long as you wear more expensive sort of clothes," she said. "Because my clothes are actually pretty expensive. Plus, I usually get straight B's, maybe an A. I have no idea if I'm pretty, though. People've told me, but I don't really know."

Sesilia thought she was very pretty. More pretty than herself, definatly. She wished she was pretty and that guys would notice her like they did Lily. But she knew, herself, that she'd never be like that. Ever.

"Yeah, well, you must be pretty," Sesillia said, "Because you're popular. I think if I were pretty and I wore really nice clothes, I could be like you . . . well, I'm just not that way, I guess. You got the gift."

"Don't be silly, you're plenty pretty, you just don't feel like wearing pretty clothes, you know? And, you're grades just aren't like that. You're fine."

Fine was something Seslilia could never call herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! Comment, subscribe and recommend!