Status: not entirely sure if this is going

Good Night, Moon

Solo Dolo (Nightmare)

Look at me
You tell me
Just what you see
Am I someone you may love, or enemy
Am I speaking for, you and yours, or someone else
I need some answers
Yeah, yeah


“Please! Let me in! I need to speak to James!”
Scoff.
“Get out of here.”
“Please! I’m a scout for the Washington Capitals! I’m allowed back here!”
“No you’re not.”
“Please! Mr. Shero!”
The man stopped, hearing his name, and looked toward the door.
“Ms. Petit?”
“Mr. Shero, you know her?”
“She’s a scout for the Capitals, yes.”
The burly man looked down at her, she couldn’t be a scout, could she? For hockey?
“Ms. Petit, what are you doing here?”
“I need to speak to James Neal.”
“You told me you weren’t taking a player.”
“I’m not! I just need to talk to him. Please.”
“Of course, come with me.” She glared at the security guard and followed Mr. Shero.
“What are you doing here, Jerica?”
“Um…I’m from Whitby, like James. We…we knew each other.”
“Did something from home happen?”
“No, I just…I saw him yesterday and wanted to…follow up.”
“Ms. Petit, I’m all for you being kind to my players and team, but relationships between you and my boys-”
“No, Mr. Shero!”
“I’m looking out for my team, Jerica.”
“I understand completely Mr. Shero, I’m also looking out for your team.”
“How?”
“James kissed me yesterday before I left. And for the year I’ve been with the Capitals, those boys took me in as a sister. So, I told them about it, and neither Nicklas Backstrom nor Alexander Ovechkin were very bemused by it.”
“They’re trying to come after him.”
“Mr. Shero, I’m trying my best to protect your player from a hit that could hurt him too much.”
“Well, thank you, Jerica. Give me a moment.”
She wrung out her fingers. Why was she here, she could have just called Ray Shero and told him what happened and told him to keep James of the ice for a while, but then there would have been speculation through the media.
“Jerica?” Her head shot up and she stepped back. “Jerica, I’m sorry about yes-”
“James, stop. Please. I need to tell you something.”
He nodded her on.
“I-I told Nicklas Backstrom and Alex Ovechkin by accident last night.” His face paled, he knew exactly what that meant.
“They’re coming after you, James. And you and your stupid Penguins pin was the icing on the cake!” She grabbed her mouth in shock.
She’d never yelled at someone before.
“Jerica, I’m sorry. I-”
“You should be sorry for yourself. I can only do so much to stop them but that doesn’t mean they won’t send someone else for you.”
“Thank you, Jerica.”
He pulled her against him, but in no hurry to kiss the girl again. He hugged her.
I mean, would you kiss a girl who’s just sealed your fate to practical death? No, you wouldn’t.

But what he didn’t know, was that Jerica was begged him to kiss her again. He has so soft lips she whispered to herself as she drove her rental back to her hotel.

“I need to go.”
“Jerica, please stay. We have a game tonight…against the Bruins.”
“I can’t, James. I have to get home. Alex and Nick are getting home tonight and I have to-”
But James Neal is no genius and kissed her again.
But she didn’t pull away this time.
She let him grip her hair and pull her close. Her hands stayed in fists by her side but she knew she was enjoying it just as much as he was.
“Ms. Petit, I believe you’ve lied to me.”
Both James and Jerica jumped back.
“Ms. Petit,”
“Mr. Shero, please.”
“Ray, it was my fault.”
“James, I will talk to you later. Jerica, you told me-”
“Ray, it was my fault.”
“James Neal, either you leave now or I will bench you.”
Giving her one look, he decided his career was more important than this girl and he stepped back into his dressing room.
“Mr. Shero, please, forgive me, I didn’t mean-”
“Leave, Ms. Petit.”
“Yes, sir.”
Without a second glance, she was gone. Slapshot was ready in her crate and she would quickly be on her plane flight home.

“I’m so happy you’re home.” She nuzzled her face into Nick’s sweater and sighed. “Toad, we’re over it.”
“I know you are, Nick…”
“…get мама.”
Jerica pulled away from Nick in time to catch her husky in her arms. She sat on the ground and let the dog lick and nudge her.
“We should get home, Toad.”
“I know.” She stood up, pushing her dog off of her, and took her leash.
Мне очень жаль, жаба.
“I know…” She let him take her bag and Nick put his arm around her.

“What happened?”
“What?”
“What happened?”
“You know what happened.”
“No, Toad, what really happened. You should be like this. You’re always happy to be home.”
She looked at Alex. He looked worried, hell, he was worried. He’d seen Toad through many lights, but he’d rarely seen her like this.
“James kissed me again.”
“He what?” Both Nick and Alex dropped back on edge.
They had clearly gotten over the first time, but what was this kid thinking!? Going to kiss her a second time? He was trying to get killed!
“Now I’m gonna kill him.”
“I went there to warn him about you two!” They were both shocked. Like I said, Jerica had never yelled before. “And I made Ray Shero mad at me. I told him what happened before and that I was going to warn James and that I never wanted a relationship with James…and then James kissed me and Mr. Shero caught us.”
She began crying into Nick’s chest.
“Toad, it’s not your fault. No one expected it.”
“You still have this pin?”
“Alex, he’s part of my past, I’m not going to just throw it away.”
“It’s just…I know.”
“I’m going to take Slapshot for a walk. I’ll…see you guys later.”
“Call us if you need anything, Toad.”
“I know…I will.”
Both Nick and Alex hugged her before leaving.
“I need to talk to this Neal kid.”
“Alex.”
“He’s making her different. I won’t take it.”
Alexander brushed off his teammate and looked at his phone. A call to Dan Bylsma would clear this up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this next installment. Took me a little to write. Comment, please, tell me what you like and don't like.
please and thank you, loves)))))
-Galaxy.