Status: Active

Hey Baby, Let Me Be Your Valentine

Chapter Two

The rain pattered on the windshield as Alicia drove into the town. She had always wanted to visit Finland. Her great-great-great grandparents were born in the northern part of the country. But the capital would be a good start for her.

Alicia only knew a couple of Finnish phrases. "How are you doing?", "Where is my brother?", "Why am I sitting here?" Odd phrases to have learned, but nonetheless, Alicia needed to brush up. She pulled into the parking lot of a bookstore and quickly grabbed her umbrella from the back seat before running into the store.

Hundreds of books lined the shelves. A nerd's paradise. A perfect place for Alicia. However, she just came for the essential language book and maybe a romance novel to read at bedtime. The visit at Norman's Bookstore was short, but she knew she would be back.

Her apartment complex was only two blocks away. She found the place to be cozy. One bedroom, one bath, a spacious living room, and a quaint kitchen. Unpacking would take a couple days, so she just unpacked her clothes and some bath items for the night.

Her book, "Romance in Paris", kept her company until midnight, when she drifted off to sleep and dreamed of her own romance in Paris.

Waking up to the screeching sound of tires and ambulance sirens was not as pleasant as her dream, but Alicia awoke at 4:45 am and could not fall back asleep once the noises stopped. Wide awake, she decided to go for a run at 7:30. She put her jogging clothes on and strapped her cd player to her waist. The soothing sounds of her favorite band, HIM, kept her company for the sixteen blocks she ran.

Once she forgot how to get home, she knew she was screwed. A foreigner that doesn't understand nor speak the native's language. Hopefully she would come across someone with good enough English skills. Even then, Alicia's English with an Irish accent was hard for even the Irish to understand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like, dislike? Let me know