Status: slow updates

Forgotten Love

2

Pounding echoed in his head as he lifted hand to his face. He was on his back, bunched up awkwardly. Forcing his eyes open he instantly regretted it as light hit his eyes painfully. Covering them he sat up as best he could. Opening one eye he peered around before braving to open the other. Looking around he found himself crammed between car seats of a long extended car, a man was stretched across either seat along the length and one was on the floor in front of him. Turning he crossed his legs and looked at them.

Lifting his hands he looked at his twisted cloths and sighed, pulling on the crème colored tie. As he did so he lifted it and looked at the two men on their backs. They were dressed in steel grey suits with crimson shirts and crème colored ties like him; he assumed by the steel grey of the suit of the face down man that he was dressed the same. The only different was he had a large gerbera daisy in his lapel while they all had small little daisies in theirs.

Rubbing his face with both hands cold metal caught his attention. Pulling his hands away he found a silver band. Lowering his left hand he looked at the silver band on his left ring finger and frowned. He was married?

Wait…
Who the hell was he?
Who the hell where these guys?

Groaning he reached forward to the man in the middle. He had short curly blonde hair that was longer in the back, and shook him. The guy groaned and opened a single blue eye and looked around, when it landed on him the other one opened.

“Who the fuck are you?” The man with the mullet demanded rudely. His boisterous words made the other two groan in discomfort. “Who the hell am I?” He asked while sitting up. The other two began to move.

“I don’t know. I don’t know who I am either. I just know I’m married…” Looking at the ring he felt a since of happiness and pride swell in his chest before sadness washed in at the thought of not knowing who the lucky lady was. “It makes me happy and sad at the same time.” He whispered, staring at the ring.

“Nice mullet, who the fuck are you?” One of the other guys demanded. He had messy dark blonde hair, bright blue eyes and untamed beard. He was noticing they all had poor facial hair. The mullet kid had scraggly hair on his cheeks and he knew he had the same just by rubbing his face, though his went around his chin.

“Who are any of us?” They looked to the man who was lying face down. He had dark messy curls on his head, poorly grown hair to constitute a mustache and beard, large lips and as he spoke he seemed to be missing a few lower teeth.

“Where the fuck are your teeth?” The guy with the mullet demanded. The dark haired man touched past his large lips and sat bolt upright.

“Where are my teeth?” He demanded. They all shrugged. “What’s going on?” He asked.

Sitting in silence they looked between each other trying to figure out what was going. Shrugging they all fumbled to come to answers as they looked around the long car. Moving to the doors at the back they climbed out slowly to look around. They were parked in a parking garage that seemed familiar to the married man but he couldn’t place why. Walking out of the parking garage they looked at all the stopped cars and people stumbling about, many of the cars were smashed together painfully.

“Wallets.” They all declared, reaching into their back pockets they pulled them out and flipped them open.

“Patrick Kane.” The guy with the mullet declared.

“Viktor Stalberg.” The tall man with the most facial hair followed.

“Sidney Crosby…holy shit I’m Canadian…whatever that means.” The dark haired, toothless man snorted.

“I’m Swedish.” Viktor hummed.

“I’m Jonathan Toe…To…fucking weird last name guy.” He shrugged knowing that his last name wasn’t pronounced toes. “Also Canadian.” Him and Sidney high fived at the fact they were both from the weird place that sounded like home to them. All three however leaned over to see his ID and his weird last name.

“You have a fucked up last name Toes.” Patrick clicked his tongue. “Who lives the closer?” He added at Jon’s glare at him.

All three looked at him confused by the question. They’d just figured out their names, how the hell where they supposed to know who lived closer when they didn’t even know where they were. Shrugging they all looked back at the ID’s then around them.

“Mine says Nova Scotia…oh wait I’ve got two.” Sidney declared.

They leaned over to see he did have to a Candia ID and a Pennsylvania Driver’s license. Interested they all began digging through their wallets. Everyone but Patrick had two ID’s, Jon and Viktor had Chicago driver’s license like Patrick did with addresses.

“I guess by default we’re in Chicago.” Jon decided. “Just…where?” he asked looking around. They all shrugged as Jon found street signs. “I feel like we should go this way.” He pointed.

Agreeing they began to walk down the street as people shuffled around. They helped people up and out of their cars if they could or were close enough but followed Jon as he lead. As they slowly meandered down the street they kept looking at street names then their ID’s was reference, as well as finding odd things. Jon stopped as he pulled out a sticky note with two notes written on it: Tell her you love her and buy her lilies. He didn’t know what it meant but he could see bright pink flowers with five petals opening outward and a smile as he read the notes. Who was she? His eyes went to the ring on his finger and sighed.

“I got a note that says make sure Jon doesn’t get lucky and I’ll help you get laid, Love Andree.” Patrick stated boldly. “So…I had to help you not get laid.” He stated. Sidney and Viktor both mumbled ‘that sucks’ as they came up empty handed.

“I have a note that says tell her I love her and but her lilies.” Jon stated. Turning he looked at them. “Do you think Andree is my wife and I fucked up?” He asked slowly. Patrick turned his little note to him and raised his brows as if to say ‘someone asked me to not get you laid, dude you really fucked up either way.’

“What if it’s another Jon?” Sidney asked. They all pointed at that. “Does Andree sound like she would be your wife?” he added as a side bar.

Jon stopped thinking about it confused. It sounded familiar with a sense of love towards it, but not the kind one should feel to a wife and spouse. Shaking his head he narrowed his brows utterly confused by the idea. Shaking his head again he went back to his wallet digging. He had nothing; the only thing that caught his attention was part of a torn picture. It was of him with leaning toward what was left of the woman. Part of his head was torn off, her hand was on his chest, and all he could see of her face was the slight shape of her chin and half a gleaming smile.

“Someone tore her out.” Viktor noted. Jon nodded as he tugged the photo out, the lower corner stuck in the plastic but the rest came out. Turning it over and reading the sloppy, feminine hand writing: I Love Yo… The rest was torn off. I love you, that’s what was written on the back in the woman’s handwriting. It was the woman’s who was supposed to be in the picture, he knew it. He didn’t know how but he knew it.

“This is my wife.” He turned it back to the photo. “Or it was.” He whispered.

The blare of news broke through and they looked up at a crowd a few feet from them beginning to gather in front of a store front where the news was playing. Pushing into the group they were all tall enough to easily see the televisions and the news anchor stating Chicago was roped off, no one in or out due to the odd nature of everyone losing their memories expect a handful.

“At least it’s not just us.” Jon voiced. The whole crowd nodded gratefully.

Watching for a while they pushed out of the crowd once it began to repeat itself. Jon led on again and he stopped in front of a building looking up at it. Looking up and down he hummed confused by the building even if it was familiar.

“I think this is my place.” Patrick stated, looking at his ID. “Yeah, it is.”

It became his turn to lead as they all headed into the building, past the confused staff and into the elevator. Patrick hummed as his fingers moved over the buttons before he pushed one and shrugged. The door opened and they stepped out and wandered the hall. He stopped at the door, checking his ID then the numbers on the door while fishing into his pockets. He pulled out a set of keys that jingled musically with all the crap hooked together. It took seven tries to get the door to open and they moved inside. The television went on and they began surfing the channels till the news came on and they began to move around the apartment, taking everything in. There were games, posters, pictures, and odds and ends.

It was the pictures that got Jon to stop. Looking at them he found a massive group photo of half a dozen people in front of a lite up Ferris wheel, his mind screamed navy pier but he ignored it as he looked at them all. Patrick was there laying on the ground with his head propped up on one hand, the other on his hip with his knee raised, Viktor was there wrapped around a pretty light haired woman, and there were others gathered together. He noticed Sidney wasn’t there but his fingers danced across the glass till he found his own face grinning happily at the camera, and his fingers stopped on a woman in the photo making a face with another dark haired girl between him and a dark haired man with blue eyes. She was puffing her cheeks out with pursed lips, her honey colored eyes wide with humor and his chestnut colored locks twisted in an elegantly messy bun onto her head. She made him smile as he looked at her. He didn’t know who she was but his heart beat a little fast looking at the goofy girl.

Tearing himself away from the photo he moved to the couch where Sidney sat watching the screen intently. Plopping down next to him he watched as they were declaring many major sports, that didn’t even sound familiar, were being canceled due to the fact that Chicago was a major sports city and many athletes were trapped unaware of their jobs in the city. Then they stated that Hockey was canceled and it resonated in him springing panic forth.

“What?” All four of them demanded. Viktor plopped down next to Jon and Patrick on the other side of Sidney. All four of them panicked. “Why is this terrifying?” They demanded.

“They can’t cancel hockey!” Patrick yelled, jumping to his feet.

“Do we know what it is?” Sidney whispered. Viktor and Jon shrugged slowly, confused on why they felt the same need to jump up and yell like Patrick. Sidney nodded slowly as he tried to figure out what hockey was.

“Not a fucking clue! But they can’t!” Patrick yelled. “They…they…no!” He screamed, dropping back to the couch.

“My head hurts.” Jon put his head in his hands as they continued to watch the news.

He wanted answers. He wanted to know who he was. He had so many questions that only brought more questions forth that it made him sick. He wanted answers to badly it hurt and he couldn’t focus on one question long enough to form an answer before he brought forth dozens of other questions. He wanted answers and no one had any for anyone. He didn’t feel good.