Status: slow updates

Forgotten Love

03

Walking down the street she hugged her borrowed jacket closer to her. The streets were littered with people trying to find their way home, understand who they were, and she was no different. She only had a first name and a feeling that she was close to home at the Sharp residency. She felt like if she walked around she’d find who she was, her home, and understand what had happened to her wedding, her groom, her family, and her friends.

She knew in her heart that she had all of that, that she hadn’t be alone in her wedding with only the Sharp family there aside from the groom; whatever happened to him.

She pleaded with the chalk colored sky that he was alright. Even if she didn’t know who he was, she hoped he was alright. If he wasn’t and when she got her memory back apart of her would be missing and she knew it in her heart. Whoever this wedding ditcher was, he was the one for her.

Bringing her gaze down, she screamed, stumbling back at the bright yellow creature moving towards her. Turning she found another one behind her hissing and huffing at her. Inside a face looked back at her with bright blue eyes, set in dark skin and hair.

“Ma’am?” It asked, voice muffled and scratching. “Ma’am?” It asked startled as she shoved past it.

The yellow of its body caved under her touch. Screaming she rushed away from him as fast as she could. Her lung burned as she glanced over her shoulder to see if the monsters were following her. Facing forward she slammed into someone and hit the ground rolling. Groaning she sat up quickly looking around for the monsters.

“Hi to you too.” Looking down she found her legs over a man.

“Sorry!” She called. Scrambling to the side she kneeled next to him. He had a strong jaw, a few beauty marks on his jaw line, and bright brown eyes. He was thee most attractive man she’d ever seen. She’d seen plenty struggling to figure out who they were in the past two days and she lived with the Sharp’s – Patrick Sharp had been the most attractive man she’d seen up until now.

“It’s okay…what’s the rush?” He asked. Jon looked at her and smiled weakly at her. She was gorgeous with her brown hair pulled up in a messy bun a pieces falling into her face and bright honey colored eyes staring at him wide with horror.

Kisa floundered and looked up. The two yellow monsters were coming around the corner. Lifting a finger she pointed and tried to find words that only came out as whines, puffs, and groans. Jon watched her confused as he managed to sit up. Following her finger his brown orbs found the yellow monsters wadding towards them.

“Oh shit.” He breathed. His heart hammered in his chest as it began to jump into his throat. What the hell were those things?

Scrambling to his feet he took her arm and hauled her up with ease. Kisa didn’t question the hold he had on her arm as he began to run she only held to his hand with her opposite hand to keep hold of him. He was quicker than she was. Her feet skidded and stumbled to keep up with his well planted footsteps.

Jon pulled them along a building and tucked her behind him as he took deep breaths. He stopped as weight rested against his arm. Kisa could barely stand as she held his hand and arm trying to breathe. She didn’t realize she couldn’t run like that and that other people could.

“Hi…” He managed. She looked up at him with those honey colored eyes.

“Hi…” She gasped at him. He managed a smile as she pulled back, standing with her hands on her hips. “Do you know what those things are?” She asked. He shook his head, looking around the corner of the building.

“I’ve never seen anything like that.” He admitted. She nodded at him and leaned back slightly, hoping it would help her breathe.

“Are you two alright?” Freezing they turned slowly to look at the voice. Screaming and yelling at the yellow monster they bolted out of the alley way. Jon went straight across to the alley way while Kisa ran to the right.

“This…” Jon stopped as he looked behind him. “Fuck.” Walking back he looked around for the woman. All he found was the yellow monster. Rage swelled in his chest as he looked at it watching him. Rushing back across the street he grabbed it only to let go. It had condensed under his touch. Stepping back he watched it. “What did you do to her?” He demanded.

“Please calm down, sir.” It stated.

“What did you do to her?” He bellowed.

“I didn’t do anything. She ran down the street.” It pointed. “I’m here to help. I’m a doctor.” It added.

“I don’t know what a doctor is…what are you?” He pointed.

“I’m human like you. This is a safety suit seeing as we don’t know what’s caused the memory loss. I’m here to help people that are hurt and in need of medical attention. That’s what a doctor does. It helps with medical issues and injures.” It explained.

“You didn’t hurt her?” Jon asked. It shook its head inside the expanded yellow things. Poking him he watched it condense once more. “Why does it do that?”

“I have an oxygen tank so I don’t breathe the air in case the air caused the memory loss.” Jon nodded at the words and pointed down the street. It nodded. “Yeah, that way.” It laughed at him with a smile.

“Thanks…I guess…” Jon managed as he began down the street looking for the terrified woman.

Kisa was slamming the front door of the apartment building before she knew it. Turning she stopped finding herself alone. Spinning she pulled the door open looking up and down the street. She couldn’t remember how she’d gotten back and had no clue where to go looking for him.

Covering her mouth as tears pressed in her eyes at the thought of the yellow monster getting the nice man. Rubbing at the tears she looked up and down the street trying to figure out how to call out to the man, how to find him, or what to say if she did find him. She’d left him behind without thinking. What horrible kind of person does that?

“I’m sorry.” She cried at no one. The street was barren. The yellow monsters must have been feeding on them. Backing into the building she rushed to the elevator and upstairs.

“What’s wrong?” Abby asked as Kisa sat on the couch next to Patrick who looked horrified to see tears.

“I think I got someone killed.” She cried. Patrick wrapped his arms around her as Abby rushed over to hold her. “These yellow monster’s…and I…I just ran… and he…I…” Covering her face she pulled her legs to her chest as she cried.

“Yellow monsters?” Patrick asked. “The hazmat guys?” He asked. She lifted her gaze to him confused. He pointed at the television. There were the yellow monsters holding onto people. Pointing she floundered. “Those are people in yellow suits so they don’t lose their memories as well. They’re helping people who are inured so…I don’t think they would kill anyone.”

Relief washed over her as she slumped into the couch.

“Oh thank god.” She breathed.

“You’re okay then?” Abby panicked.

Kisa nodded slowly as she began removing her tears. The amount of relief she had could not be explained. Jon however didn’t feel the same as he spun in circles trying to find her. He even asked people who only shrugged and floundered then asked if he knew them to which he shrugged. After a while he gave up and began trying to find his way back to Patrick’s which was just as tedious of a task.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guy, or whoever reads this, I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I've been super busy as of lately and haven't had a lot of time to write or post what's already pre-written. I haven't forgotten just haven't been able to make a lot of time for updates. Hopefully that changes soon and I can get rolling on this and my other stories. Don't know when I'll have time for the next update but there will be one! Trust me!

Thanks for reading and all that jazz!