I Think I Love Him

Welcome To South Hill Rogers High School

For a minute it felt like I was back in our old house. My amount of sleep was next to nothing. I couldn't eat in the morning and I felt so unmotivated to get up and throw on my cloths. Surprisingly the only thing I did like was the new cloths my Aunt took me to get before I came here. That I guess was the only good thing out of this stupid move. Thanks to my mom's science teacher job, She drives me to school, and when she has to go early, my dad will take me so I can avoid the bus. Me and buses don't have a good past. I climb into the car and throw my bag in the back, holding onto my coffee I try to stare out the window and avoid all conversation with the snake in the seat next to me.
"Listen up kid, Not only is this your first day at this place, but you better behave yourself, because its also my place of employment, my job, and I'll be damned if you screw this up for me and your dad, Got it?"
"Whatever"
The car comes to a full stop as she slams onto the breaks, I lunge forward, slamming my face on the dash board. I grab my head and bite my lip. The pain surges threw my face and head, almost brining tears to my eyes from the impact. She turns and glares at me.
"Anthony you will listen here and listen good, you will not do anything to jeopardize what I've worked so hard for got it? You will sit down, shut up, and pay attention do you understand? Or ill have you stripped from everything you like and enjoy. So stop with the attitude and straighten yourself out!!! NOW!"
I nod and lean back, taking in the rest of the ride to the school in silence, well with a mix of Sum41, Green Day and Owl City blasting into my ears. But with those bands, who's complaining?
My mom pulls to the front and unlocks my door.
"Get out, and don't get in trouble"
"Yeah"
I step out onto the sidewalk curb and grab my bag, she speeds off before I can even fully close the door. I turn around to see the school and the hordes of kids walking to the front doors from all directions. I stare at the huge sign with the words "South Hill Rogers High School". I could see my mom pull into the teachers parking lot, and even before she's out of the car she was flirting with the first teacher that welcomed her, and sadly I knew there was gonna be many more before next semester. And most likely before lunch she'll have a new boyfriend.
"Huh...Dad...wish you would just.."
I lurched forward as someone pushed past me, almost knocking me to the ground. The figure turned around and nervously bite his lip and whispered sorry. I nodded my head, but I felt myself get cold all over my body, not as bad as last night, but still chilling down to my bones. He had the messy black hair, black holy jeans and a Asking Alexandria jacket on that looked pretty worn and old, at least, I know it came out in May of 2012, I contemplate whether or not I should follow him, but decide against it. Enjoying the mid-October weather outside I step into the school building. I put on a half hearted smile and take off my hood, fixing my hair and trying to push my fear and hate aside. I look down at my list of teachers and classes and straight to first period/home room and locker number.
"Mr. Penthouse, Math....room 268...Jesus Christ where-"
"Its down the west wing, second room to the right. His names printed above his door in big metallic letters..."
I turn to see the kid that ran into me from outside. He's taken off the jacket and he's wearing a Stereos shirt. There a old band, but a good one. I open my mouth slightly and sort of smile. My heart skips a beat and I get a shiver, but being so close to him, almost makes it feel good.
"Uh...excuse...me...?"
"Oh haha...sorry you sounded a bit lost, so I figured I'd help you out..."
"Thank you..."
I stare at him, my heart telling me that he was the same person from outside my house yesterday, I want to ask him about it, but I don't wanna look wrong or stupid.
"Don't mention it..." He smiles and walks away.
I shrug and make my way to the west wing and Mr. Penthouse's room. When I finally reach the class room I'm introduced to Mr. Penthouse. He's a boring teacher but then again aren't all high school teachers boring? (at least from my experience) Anyways, I didn't even bother with my locker so I just carried my bag with me to my chair. The class room was big, and once all the kids where in there desks, there wasn't less then fifty kids in the class room. I sat between a prick named Jason and a prep named Preston. I watched as Mr. Penthouse, (such a party name for a laid back boring teacher eh?) introduced me.
"Ok Students, listen up, We got a new kid today, His names Anthony Carter and I hope you guys treat him like you do each other and welcome him to the home of the Falcons! I hope you enjoy our school Anthony and wish you the greatest of hope in grades this year. Ok class lets start today's lesson..."
I sit back in my chair and take down his notes. But hole and be behold!
"Hey, faggot"
I close my eyes and try my hardest to forget that what I was just called. I figured I couldn't escape the bullies, I guess it was just a matter of time. I do wish it was longer then 20 minutes though.
"Hey, faggot! Let me see your answers."
"No"
"Hand over the answers or I'm going to kick your ass"
"Wouldn't be the first!"
I look over at this horse jockey prick Jason in disgust. He fits the profile as a good for nothing douche bag that's soul purpose in life is to ruin other peoples. Then came the spit balls and the side of the leg kicking. I swear my leg was fuckin purple just like Tinky Winky from the fuckin Teletubbies thanks to him.
"And class that completes just half of todays first lesson, now all of you pull out your algebra comp books-"
"I'm here!!!"
Bursting threw the class room door comes the kid from the hall that bumped into me, the kid who gave me directions to the class room, the kid who was standing outside my house the day we moved in and sent shivers up my spine. I know for a fact that he's the same guy. I can feel it in my heart.
He's panting and completely out of breathe. He sounds a bit in pain to be honest with you, like he's been kicked in the gut and beat just outside the hall way. And it looks like it to.
"Zachary Johnson! Your well over late!!!"
"Yes I know sir, I'm sorry"
"Get back to your desk!!! That's a demerit on your card!!!"
"Yes sir, Sorry sir..."
He walks back to his desk as the other students throw and hit him with paper and pencils. I lower my head and close my eyes trying to block out the memory, I know how it feels to have other people do that to you. It happened to me every day. He sits three rows behind me at the last desk on the left side. I can look over my shoulders and make direct eye contact with him in full view. My heart pounds to know he's in my first period class, and even without looking I can feel his eyes burning into the back of my head. I scroll threw my iPod and bring up Johnny Cash's song Hurt, writing down the lyrics to try to get my mind wrapped around the fact that this feeling, is common, even in singers. After about two lectures and three more lessons, which filled up my hole journal, I made a note to bring more tomorrow and fill up my locker with them as well...once I can learn to open the damn thing.
"Ok, Class is dismissed today. Homework is standard tonight, pick it up on your way out, and Anthony?"
"Yes sir?"
"Tell your mother I said hi would you?"
I growl in disgust.
"Of course sir."
Mr. Penthouse walks out of the class room and I pull my stuff together in my bag. I hear Zachary shuffle around in his desk, and almost a sniffling sound, I stand up, suck in all my courage and walk back to his desk.
"Hey...You alright?"
He looks up at me and wipes his eyes.
"Oh hey...Yea I'm fine.."
"You sure?"
"Yeah! Don't worry about me...I'll be alright."
"I uh...Saw what they where doing to you today when you arrived late, I-"
"Please I don't really need you to also make fun of me-"
"No no no! I just wanted to say, I'm sorry I didn't stand up for you there and then...The same thing used to happen to me everyday at my old school..."
Zachary looks up at me, I see the swollen black eye that he's trying so hard to cover with his hair. He smiles and bites his lip.
"Sucks doesn't it?"
"Hell yea It dose...If only they knew how it felt."
"They'd never do it again, not to anyone."
"Ever."
I smile down at him, and he smiles up at me. He stands up and collects his stuff as well. He stands up and grabs his jacket.
"You like Asking Alexandria and Stereos?"
He flashes his jacket and shirt logo.
"Yep, but there not my favorite bands, there like, in the top twenty!"
"I cant have a top twenty"
"Why not?"
"I listen to too much music to put them in a top anything! I go threw phases of my favorite bands, listen to one band and one band only for a month straight-"
"And another band the next!!"
"EXACTLY!!!"
We both get a little excited and laugh. Grabbing out homework assignment's.
"Whats you next period?"
"Uhh...let me check..."
I look down at my list, and slap myself straight in the face.
"I have science..."
"Why do you sound so bummed out?"
"Because..."
I roll my eyes and groan.
"My moms the teacher..."
Zachary smiles and nudges me in the shoulder. I look back at him with a half hearted smile. Seems like I've been half heartedly smiling all day today huh? I look back over at Zachary and he shows me to the science class, My mother sitting like a pretty duck flirting with the other teachers. I stand outside the door and hold my breathe. Zachary looks over at me and raises an eye brow.
"You don't like her huh?"
"Not in any way shape or form...Can you help me with my locker?"
"Cant open it huh?"
"No clue"
We both grin and I hand him my locker number.
"Hey uh...I didn't get you name...?" I lie
He laughs.
"Haha! Zachary David Johnson, My family sometimes calls me Damian, my fathers original name of choice, my mother got the final say though"
He gives me another cute smile of his. And it makes me blush a little, my heart beat...and for some reason...I think I might just be able to stand it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
And A Spark Ignites