Trying My Luck.

Two.

I walked out with Tom and my brother, and thanked Tom for everything that day. I went to Chris' car and we headed back to his house. I walked in and saw the photos of me and Chris when we were kids and so forth. I smiled at the memories and went to the guest room with my bags. I slipped out of the clothes and into my pajamas. I pulled my phone out and shut my alarm off, because Cali has no time.
::Next Morning:: 10AM
I awoke and stretched out on the bed. I got up and found something to wear and went to shower. I got out and dried off, I slipped into a pair of boot cut jeans, and a loose fitting tank top, which flattered my tan. I rushed down the steps and saw a tall brunette standing in the kitchen. I stopped in my steps.
"Oh, you must be Tanlor." Her ruby reds addressed.
I nodded.
"Chris said you'd be shy. I am Lindsey and we are going shopping, your brother said you were uh, well a little country."
"I like my clothes." I stammered. "Besides I am only here for a few more days."
"Come on, it'll be be fun!"she exclaimed.
Defeated, I crawled into her itty bitty car and we took off. We arrived at the first store and I only found a few things I even liked. She told me to find one sexy outfit, and we could leave. She explained not slutty, just sexy.
"What is this for anyway?" I blurted.
"A dinner tonight with the crew from the movie. Their dates too."
My heart jumped, Tom, I wanted to look good for him. It may never happen but I like when he speaks to me. I searched high and low for THE outfit and finally found it after several combinations. I walked out to show it to Lindsey and her jaw dropped.
"I don't think you are with me. The girl I came with is shy and country." She commented.
I laughed at her as she twirled me around, now I was ready to go see Tom. Chris had called and wanted to know how shopping was going, Lindsey told him it was a bust, that I couldn't find anything I liked. She said I had one more stop and we would go. I agreed, this shopping thing wasn't too bad. We went across the street to a hair salon, she stated that she wanted something new. She showed me a picture of Pink and said she was getting that. I was shocked all her hair gone, but she said that she donates it. Mine was down to the middle of my back, I figured a bob would look nice, so I could donate with her. I liked this girl, she brought a little fiery girl out in me. I chopped all my hair off to below my neck I had all my blonde chopped out. I smiled at my reflection, enjoying my new self. We left and headed back to Chris'. I ran upstairs to shower and get ready. I dried my hair with the hair dryer and smoothed it out, got dressed and applied make up and jewelry. I ran down to see Lindsey and Chris waiting.
"Wow, are you sure you are my sister?" he asked.
I nodded and we went on our way. We arrived and piled out of the car and into the restaurant. I walked in and saw Tom, Mark, and Rob. They all sat with female companions. Tom's was thinner and mousy looking, pretty, much prettier than me. I took my seat across from them.
"Wow, I just realized you were Tanlor." Rob exclaimed.
I chuckled and looked down at my plate,fidgeting with my pant seam.
"You look good." Someone spoke. I found the voice. Hawkeye.
"Thank you." I blushed.
I glanced at Tom who was tight lipped and his mouse glared at me. I fidgeted in my seat, I looked at Chris. He nodded and I got up and exited. My mind was screaming, I was flashing back to when Luke would have his parties and his buddies thought it was funny to try and rape me, I would lock myself in the closets or bathrooms. Large crowds freaked me out, after I split with him I never left the house. Everything was fine unless he got drunk and I hated him, myself. The only men I trust are my dad and Chris, and Tom, though I barely know him, his aura relaxes me and I feel in flight.
"You okay?" my brother whispered.
I nodded caught my breath. I told him why I was freaking out, he knew things were bad but never how bad. His face burned red and he started cussing at me, I blamed myself too. I was foolish not to leave him, but I was scared of him. My brother hugged me tightly whispering that he loved me in my ear. We went back in and we ordered a round of shots and downed them. I went back to the table to see Tom's girl by herself.
"I am Andrea." she spat.
"Tanlor." I hissed.
"Have you met Tom?" she asked.
"We seen Thor 2 together." I muttered.
"We are getting engaged."
"Do you want a round of applause?"
She glared at me. She was not something I wanted to deal with right now. I have been in a crowd of people for the past two days and it's getting to me. I ate my meal,keeping to myself, everyone's laughing, jokes filled the air, and of course the flaunting of Tom from Andrea, which in turn made me feel even worse. I excused myself and left money for my meal and tip. I told Chris I needed to be alone. I went to get a cab and headed home. My heart was hurting, because of Luke, who broke me. Tom, a stranger who intrigues me, that I can't have.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am eager for feedback! Enjoy XOXO!