Trying My Luck.

Three.

I arrived at the house and ran up to change my clothes. I wanted in my jeans, tee, and boots. I looked up rodeos that would be close by. 15 minutes out. I ran back down to the cab who waited on me and we headed out. When we arrived, I looked to the sky and saw some stars, not a bunch but better than none. Horses and bulls littered the whole field but not a large crowd of people, maybe 15 scattered. I paid the driver and headed over to the corral. I stepped up in the fence and watched the bull clowns distract the bull from the rider. The smell of dirt was soothing to me.
"Miss!" I heard a man shout.
I turned and saw a very sexy man. I got wide eyed and froze.
"You can't be up there." he ordered.
I gulped and stepped down,muttering a sorry.
"You aren't from here are you?"
I shook my head, "Georgia."
"Adam."
"Tanlor."
We talked about the ranch I worked on and our lives. I told him my last name was Jones and I was here visiting friends. I didn't want to put myself out there.
"How old are you Tanlor?"
"26. November 25."
"28. March 10."
"Do you want to go riding tomorrow? Like on a horse trail out by my place?" he grinned.
"Sure, why not." I replied.
We went to watch the horse and bull riders, I got to go ride a bull, we exchanged numbers, and around two I decided to head out. I had a fun time with him, but that still didn't kill the hurt I was feeling. I was obviously never getting Tom.
::At Chris'::
I opened the door to Rob, Chris, Mark, Tom, and Lindsey. I was covered in dirt from head to toe.
"Where have you been?!" Chris yelled, grabbing my shoulders.
"I went to the rodeo. I miss home, it was relaxing, and besides I met a guy." I smiled.
He pulled me into a hug and sighed heavily. Everyone was in jeans and tees they must have been looking for me. I slipped off my shirt to reveal my camisole, and the huge bruise forming on my back.
"What in bloody hell happened to you?" Tom gasped.
I turned to him, worry was written on his face and everyone rushed to me. I explained that I was bull riding and fell on my back. I assured them I was fine and that I would just be a bit stiff in the morning. I ran up the steps and got in the shower and cleaned up. I put on my pj's and there was a knock at the door. I opened it and there stood Tom. He looked upset.
"Yes?" I choked out.
"I am sorry, I should have told you that I was in a relationship." He stammered, looking at his hands.
"Nothing happened, so no harm no foul." I shrugged.
He pursed his lips, "So is the boy you met a nice one?"
"So far yes, but I have horrible luck with boys/men. Whichever you want to call it."
"And I with women."
"Not the luck I have."
He watched me closely. "Goodnight Tom." I ended, closing the door.
He was psycho-analyzing me.
//Tom's POV\\
I watched her as she fidgeted with the seam on her pj's. She told me goodnight and I went downstairs and told Chris bye,and headed to my condo. Upon my arrival I seen a cab out front. I rushed in and Andrea instantly started yelling at me. It was Tanlor and I on the front page. I explained what happened and Chris called me to confirm it to her. She calmed down and went backup to our room. I looked through the photos and seen her beauty once again. I looked closer and saw that she was once again fidgeting with her seam. Maybe that's how she deals with her nerves.
"So far yes, but I have horrible luck with boys/men. Whichever you want to call it." repeated in my head over and over. What could be so dreadful. I went upstairs to join Andrea, I drifted to sleep with Tanlor on my mind. The next morning I awoke alone and decided to visit Chris, just to catch a glimpse of Tanlor. When I arrived she was just about to leave. She was dressed in a yellow, green, and white sun dress, cowgirl boots, and a floppy sun hat.
"Hey." I spoke quietly.
Her hand went directly to her dress seams. "Hey." she mumbled.
"Let's go out for lunch." I offered.
She looked taken back, "Aren't you in a relationship?" she quizzed.
"Yeah, but we can go as friends."
She pulled her phone out and texted someone. She looked at me and smiled, "Let's go."
We pulled up to the restaurant and as we got out the paparazzi was everywhere.
"Andrea!" they shouted. "How's Tom? When will there be a ring?"
I stiffened and I rested my hand on Tanlor's back to reassure her that I was here for her.
The paparazzi shouted at both me and Tanlor, and Andrea bumped into her. Andrea looked up at me.
"You said friends!" she yelled.
"We are." I shouted.
Tanlor hand her seams in her hands at this point.
"Stop Andrea, this is absurd." I demanded.
Andrea shoved her. "I told you to back off last night."
Tanlor let her dress go and looked at her. I stepped in between them and saw the fire in Tanlor's eyes. The screaming of Andrea drowned the sound of the paparazzi. Tanlor looked at me with sad eyes. There was something about her that I longed for. Andrea shoved me and I fell on Tanlor she grasped my white tee in her clutches and I shielded her from the crowd, as I wrapped my arms around her. I looked down at her, and her up at me, I needed to know she was okay. I smiled at her. Andrea continued her screaming and I took Tanlor inside.
"I am sorry Tanlor." I frowned.
"It's okay." she smiled, her right hand clutched tightly to her seams.
Andrea continued her show outside as we enjoyed our meals.
♠ ♠ ♠
More tomorrow, I have to go to work! Enjoy. XOXO I would love some feedback guys!