Trying My Luck.

Four.

I sat at the table with Tom and laughed as he ate his spaghetti, he was being silly. He smiled as he sucked the noodle through his lips.
"I like hearing you laugh." he smiled.
I looked to my dress and looked to him. I smiled though my face was beat red and he smiled back. WE finished our meal. I frowned knowing my time was limited here, with him. My phone buzzed in my pocket.
Adam- Jones, huh? I seen you on TV with that Tom guy.
My face burned red. I explained why I lied and that me and him were only friends. He was just mad cause I postponed our date. He informed me that I was on Perez Hilton's page. I pulled up the page, home wrecking prom date, Tanner Evans? Oh Tanlor, was the listed title.I gasped and covered my mouth. Tom grabbed my phone and read it.
"Ignore them." he stated shutting my phone off.
I wanted to break down and cry right there. My fingers fumbled to the seams in my dress.
"I think I want to go home Tom." I frowned.
He paid, as he wouldn't let me. We got back to the house and sent a text to Adam told him that we would have to reschedule a date. I went quietly to my room and sat on the bed looking at my closet, I got up and started packing. Cali wasn't for me, Tom was a far fetched dream, and I missed home. I changed into some jeans and a tee, to get comfy for the flight home. I went down, bags in hand, and saw my brother and Tom talking.
"Hey, I got a phone call, I am needed at home. I'll come back soon." I stammered.
"Please stay." Chris begged, "The last time you said that, was two years ago."
"I am sorry, I have to go." I frowned.
I went and sat outside and waited for my cab. Someone came out to join me.
"It was lovely meeting you." He spoke.
"You too Tom. I am sorry I couldn't stay." I choked, standing up to him.
He pulled me into a hug. "You have to do what you need too. If your home needs you be there, but your life will be forever changed now." he paused, holding me. "But we will always be here for you."
I nodded, fighting back the tears, Tom was effecting me like never before. I wanted to let him hold onto me, beg for me to stay. The cab pulled up and I wished him goodbye and my brother told me to come back and visit soon. I promised I would.
*Home In Georgia*
I opened the door, missing the smile of my brother greeting me. I texted him and let him know I was okay and I made it safe. I went to the mail box and several cars pulled into my driveway. I seen a very familiar blonde head giving instructions. The news lady, I rushed in and dropped all the blinds and locked the doors. She knocked on the door, I flipped on the news.
"This is the home of Tanlor Evans, Chris Evans or better known as Captain America's sister. The breaking news is she is hooking up with Tom Hiddleston, Loki. We are hoping she'll give us the scoop."
I snuggled up in the chair and tried to ignore the sounds of people chattering outside. My phone rang.
Luke.
I answered on the last ring, he wanted to make sure I was okay, he had seen the news. I informed him I was fine. He asked if he needed to come over. I told him no. But he insisted. I had to get Chris here, now. I called and informed him of what was going on. He promised to be here as soon as he could. Luke wouldn't try anything, not with all these people around he would want to look like the good guy. Within a couple hours Luke had painted himself as the perfect ex boyfriend. My brother called to inform me he was at the airport. I snuck out back and ran for the truck, driving through the fields to escape the news. I arrived and I met Chris and Tom followed behind him. My heart panicked, he was gonna find out my past, he was going to think I was weak and pathetic, and laugh at both. I turned on the local radio station, which blared about me and Luke.
Chris hit the power button, "He is milking it isn't he?"
I nodded, "He has been painted the perfect man. He was talking wedding bells with me, according to the news.
"Who is Luke?" Tom piped.
I gulped hard, Chris peered at me.
"My ex. It was a dreadful relationship. The end."
He didn't push the matter and rested his hand on my shoulder, squeezing it firmly. Back at my farm news crews swarmed like bees. Tom got out first, opened my door and took my hand. He had brought a jacket and covered me up, to protect me. Chris followed behind. We got in.
"I am sorry Chris I should have stayed." I muttered to him, while Tom was in the bathroom.
"Why did you really leave?"
"Tom, there is something about him, Chris, something that scares me, but like him with every second more I spend with him."
"It's the start of Love. Just like Grandma always said, Capture it and Keep it Safe." he smirked.
Tom joined us and all I could do was smile at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness. Promise a new one Friday!