Sequel: Cross My Heart
Status: Updates as long as someone reads it!

Pinky Promises

The Morning After

I woke up sometime the next morning before the sun came up, to Jimmy kissing the back of my neck. I sighed contently and rolled over to look at him and he broke out in to a smile that I hadn't seen in a long time.

I grinned at him. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just like looking at you."

This made me turn red and I shook my head. "Yeah right. You're probably thinking 'how the hell do I get out of here and quick without her thinking anything of it'. Right?"

He shook his head. "No. Not at all."

"Then what are you thinking?"

He leaned forward and kissed me running his hand around my stomach to my lower back and pulled my body toward his. I wrapped my arms around his neck gave in to him.

"Again?" I asked surprised.

"You don't want to?"

I laughed. "I didn't say I didn't want to..." My voice trailed off and he kissed my neck and then throat, then down to my chest. "I'm just surprised you want to....still."

He leaned up on his elbow and frowned. "What do you mean? You didn't think I'd want to have sex with you again? Why not?"

I shrugged and he brushed some of my hair from my face. "I don't know... I just figured maybe last night was you trying to cheer me up or something.. I didn't want to read more in to it than what you were thinking."

"How do YOU feel about last night?" He asked as the hand in my hair trailed down my body. He ran his finger just below my belly button causing me to shiver.

"I'm really glad... we... I just don't want you to think that I'm expecting this to change anything."

"Like how? What would change?"

"Us. I don't want you to think I'm expecting you to be my boyfriend or anything."

He kissed me again. "I don't want you to think that I think that you think that you want me to be your boyfriend." I laughed mid kiss and he smiled.

"As long as we're all set then..."

Jimmy crawled on top of me and his lips found my neck again, gently biting me as he went down to my shoulder, my arm then my hands. "Do you want to?" He asked.

I was glad he asked instead of just told me that that's what we were going to do. He was so different, why couldn't I find someone like him? Or better yet, why couldn't I just be with HIM?

I didn't have to reply as I let my hands trail further and further down his body.

-

After falling asleep again until almost nine I got up and started to make breakfast. I wasn't sure why but it felt like the right thing to do. Jimmy ran to his house to get a change of clothes and check his phone, which he had accidentally left there over night, then came back to find me in the kitchen. He walked up and slid his arms around me, his hands crossing around my waist.

"I hope you're hungry." I said. "I didn't realize how much I was cooking until just now."

He laughed. "I am hungry. Hungry for youuuu." He bit my neck then pulled away and made a gasping sound. "Ah shit, you have bite marks all over your neck."

"I do?" I asked and looked at him. "Oh man...how am I gonna explain to-" But I was cut off by my own gasping. "God damnit, yours is just as bad....how did we not think of this?"

"In my defense I couldn't really think of much last night."

I smiled at his mischievous look. "Neither could I but still! Now what do we tell them?"

"I don't know. Would it be so bad if they knew?"

"Yes! I can hear them now. Asking us a hundred fucking questions about what happened and why it happened and how long it's been going on, and then the whole chorus of 'I knew it!' And 'I told you!'... that doesn't sound like as much fun to me as it was to make those marks."

"I think we'll be okay. They work a lot for the next few days anyway. Speaking of work...I gotta work tomorrow for a week straight."

I frowned. "Awe...well, you know you're welcome to come to my house anytime you want after. I'll even cook you dinner." I said in a sing song voice to try and bribe him.

"Dinner... sure. That's why I want."

I laughed but it faltered and he shook his head quickly.

"No no! Don't think that's all I want from you... Layla, I'm not like that. We don't have to ever sleep together again if you don't want to."

"I don't think that's all you want... I just have reflexes from everything before. It's kind of like I expect everyone to only sleep with me once and either never talk to me again or only come back when they're horny."

"I'm not. I'm still talking to you and I'm not horny. I am hungry though, so it's a good thing you cooked a lot."
I smiled and he winked at me. "Well it'll all be done in like five minutes."

"Good." He let go of me and went in to the living room and put in a movie then made himself comfortable on my couch.

After breakfast and the movie we talked about what the plans were for the day.

"I don't care what they are really, but at some point I do have to go home and get everything ready for the next week." He said.

"Yeah I still have a lot to do here, clean up and then call my boss and make sure everything is still set up for Wednesday."

"What are you doing after you're all done?" He asked.

"Nothing, why?"

"You are now."

I smiled at him. "Alright, I'll see you in a little bit."

He nodded. "Yes ma'am." He hesitated before leaning over and giving me a kiss then jumped up and smiled. "See ya in a little bit."

I sighed and leaned back on my couch. I couldn't believe that
Jimmy and I had slept together, and twice at that. No matter how much we both swore things wouldn't be different I knew there was impossible for them to not be. Things did change but I didn't see anything wrong with it.

I felt my phone go off in my pocket then grabbed it expecting to see Jimmy's name. Instead it was Will's.

'Hey, whats up? how've you been? haven't heard from you in awhile thought maybe youd like to hang out tonight?'

"Shit." I mumbled out loud. What was I supposed to do? Will had saved me from a terrible night of reliving Josh's bullshit, and he was extremely nice. He was interesting and we had a lot in common. Then there was Jimmy. Everything that had just happened between us had to mean SOMETHING. Was it against the rules for me to go out with someone else? It wasn't like we were dating right? I had used that same argument when trying to decide whether or not I wanted to go through with what we had done.

Jimmy and I weren't a couple. We had even made it clear that we both understood neither of us were looking for an attachment. So just going out with Will wouldn't be that bad.... right?
I text him back and told him I would love to hang out, to which he asked me if tonight would be good. I frowned.

'Not 2night. I have plans with my friend Jimmy but what about tomorrow or somethin?'

'Sounds good. can't wait.'

I tossed my phone on the other end of the couch and then leaned back and closed my eyes. What was I doing?

-

Matt, Charlie and Dillon showed up later that night unannounced, yelling about going to Denny's because Charlie was hungry. I was worried the minute that I saw them, knowing that if I didn't hurry up and cover the marks on my neck with my long hair I would get found out. Unfortunately Jimmy didn't have long hair and the first thing they noticed was his neck.

"Let me guess. You were working on the truck and you got muffler burn." Matt said.

"No no, that looks more like a suck mark, I'm gonna say he used a vacuum." Dillon added.

"Are you kidding me? I'm surprised he even got laid." Charlie said then looked at me. "What? You're not gonna make fun of him?"

I shook my head. "No, why would I make fun of him?"

"Because you always make fun of him when he gets lucky....unless." Charlie looked at me funny then headed toward
me.

"Unless what?" Matt asked looked rather curious.

Charlie approached me then reached over and pulled my hair back, revealing nothing but my neck. I was careful to put make up on too as a back up.

"I don't see nothing." Dillon said.

"Me neither. Charlie, you're on crack man."

"Uh huh." But he wasn't satisfied. Instead he dumped a little beer on his thumb then rubbed it on my neck.

"AH! Eeew! What are you doing? That's gross, don't do that!"

"AHA!" Charlie yelled. "Look!"

Matt and Dillon came up to me and looked at my neck and then looked at Jimmy who was looking away.

"Wow, no shit." Matt said with a grin on his face. "Can't say we didn't see that coming."

"Ugh, you guys are stupid, what if we just had dates at the same time?" I asked.

"Um, of course your dates were at the same time, THEY WERE WITH EACH OTHER!" Charlie said.

I held back my laughter and looked at Jimmy who seemed to just be ignoring the situation. "Well so what? Does it even matter?"

Dillon shook his head. "Man, I don't care what the fuck you two do on your own time. Just don't drag no drama in to my life and I'll be
good."

"Matt?" I looked at him.

"Hey, I could give a fuck less. You two are adults. Do whatever you want. I can't say I'm surprised."

"Alright then, Charlie, do YOU have any obligations?"

He cracked a grin. "The only thing I'm fuckin' concerned about is getting to Denny's so I can get some food because I'm fucking hungry."

"Good then, let's go!"

We all piled in to the car, I was driving and Jimmy was up front, and drove to the nearest Denny's which was forty five minutes away. Once we were done the boys didn't want to stop so we made our way to the movies.

"So let me ask you something." Matt said to me as we were standing outside of the bathrooms waiting for the others.

"Okay."

"Are you in to Jimmy?"

"Matt..."

"No, I'm serious. If it's truly none of my business then fine, tell me it's not but... I gotta know. I mean, I like you but he's my brother. I don't want him hurt you know? Like, don't be mad at me for saying this and stuff, I hope you don't think that I'm singling you out or whatever..."

I shook my head. "To be honest it's up to Jimmy where this goes. I
love him to death, but I don't want to ruin everything just because we slept together."

"How do YOU feel?" Matt asked. His hazel eyes were questioning me.

"I feel like I could love Jimmy for the rest of my life and be happy about it. I don't know what I'd do without him. Seriously, but... I don't think this is gonna be anything more than just...sort of a best friend thing that happened the one night."

"Hmm. Does Jimmy know that?"

"Yes, he said himself that he knows I don't expect him to be my boyfriend or anything like that."

"Yeah but does he WANT to be?"

"Matt!"

"Sorry! I told you. I can't see him go through anymore heart breaks like he did back in Cali. I know you wouldn't hurt him but I think since you guys are so close your judgement might be off on this one."

Charlie and Jimmy joined us while Dillon got some girls phone
number.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah, just waiting on fuck head." Charlie said looking at him with a scowl. "That asshole can go anywhere and get a chicks number. Even if there was one chick on an island and she was married with a million kids, he'd still hit on her."

I snorted. "Well, at least YOU don't do that, right?"

Charlie shook his head. "Would if I could."

We made our way back to the car and I made Matt drive since I was tired of seeing his looks every so often when I looked at him. He didn't know what was going on. Shit neither did I.

All I could think was that maybe, just maybe, sleeping with Jimmy wasn't the best idea I had ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so short, and UUUGHHHH LAYYYYLAAAA WHYYYY. Sheesh.