Status: Co-authored! Active :)

Conquering the Storm

What?

Where am I?

Striped sheets, black comforter, massive amount of pillows. Simple room with nothing more than a dresser, mirror, and closet. Seriously, where the hell am I? What have I gotten myself into this time?

Looking to the left of me, there's a mass of what I presume to be a person. A person that is passed out with no intention of waking up anytime soon. Wrong answer, buddy. You're getting up now and explaining what the hell happened last night.

Shit. They're telling me once I have clothes on what exactly all happened. Fleeing from the bed, I round up all my clothes and dress quickly. Once everything is on in their right spot, I walk over to the other side of the bed, and shake the person awake.

"What the hell?"

"Wake up and tell me what the fuck happened. What happened last night?

The stranger brings their head out from under the blanket. It's a guy. Holy shit. This time it wasn't a girl.

"What does it look like? I brought you back here from the bar and we fucked. What else would've happened," the guy retorted, irritation plain on his face.

"Oh shut the fuck up and go back to sleep. I obviously wasn't thinking straight to have gone home with such a rude asshole," I hissed.

Grabbing my purse, I stomped out of the apartment and figured out they were the Riverland apartments. Fuck! I have to find a bus to take my home. I am not walking for 2 hours back home. How did that even happen? I live all the way at the other end of Charleston. How did I manage to get all the way over here?

Forty minutes later, I'm finally back home in my comfy apartment. I live in the Courtyards Apartments. My nice, and comfy home.

Yeah, I have a drinking problem. A serious drinking problem. I turned 21 and all hell broke loose for me. Almost every night now, I wake up in someone else's bed, and I have to always have tests to see if I caught any STD's. But do I stop? No. I'm stupid in that aspect. I should just stop and be done with it, or at least cut down the amount of alcohol I consume, but I never do. There's so many solutions, but I don't take any of them.

When I'm sober, I'm actually really shy. I don't really go anywhere, except to the bars and clubs at night. At night I come out of my shell with all the alcohol I consume and end up somewhere completely different with some girl. This time surprised me though. This time, it was a guy I slept with. That doesn't happen very often. I usually go after the girls and that's who take me home. I must have had a change in heart last night to wake up in bed with a guy.

I'm bisexual, but it doesn't really show because I'm only interested in certain guys. It takes a certain kind of guy to make me want to be with him. What the hell was I thinking with that guy? He was definitely not the type of guy I usually go after.

Feeling the effects of the alcohol still, I grab my bottle of Advil and pop two and get it down with a bottle of water. I can already feel myself sweating from the heat of Charleston, so I strip out of my clothes and take a shower. The water cascades down my short black hair as I relax in the shower. Showers are usually the only thing that relaxes me anymore. Sex definitely doesn't because it happens when I'm drunk.

Getting out of the shower, I look at myself in the mirror. Black hair, bright green eyes, and pale skin. I'm only around 5'3" and starting to look a bit chubby again. Nothing wrong with it though. I like the extra weight I've gained. Examining my body, I notice that there are hickies planted all over my hips and chest. Well, apparently I'll be putting foundation on those to hide them when I go to work.

I can just see it now if anyone ever found out the night part of me. They'll go nuts and send me to rehab where I'll have to announce to everyone: "Hi, I'm Aiden Aurora Alyxes, and I'm an alcoholic." That'll go over well.

As soon as I'm out of the bathroom, my phone rings. Mom.

"Hey Mom, what's up?"

"Oh nothing sweetie, just wanted to check in and see if you wanted to wanted to get lunch with me?"

Shit, it's already the afternoon? I have to be to work in two hours!

"We can have lunch if it's at Citadel Mall, so I can get to work on time still." I work at the JCPenney's there.

"That works Aiden. I'll meet you there in 30 minutes. Bye."

This is going to be a fun day. Rolling my eyes at myself, I get ready and meet my mother at the food court.