She's a Rebel

Maybe opening up ain't such a bad thing.

Next few days were normal. M and I played video games and drank beer. Nothing much, like always. I saw Joey yesterday, we went out for a drink. He was in a rush and had to leave really quickly. Don’t know why. I did two night shifts and earned some cash. Nothing special.
I sat on the bed. It is 3 am. Emily is sleeping, and I couldn’t. Fuck I’m so bored. Ugh. I took my phone and texted Joey.

Hey, bored, can’t sleep. Let’s take a walk.

Now? - He responded quickly

Yeah. In 30 mins? In front of that park?

Sounds good. See ya there.

I put on my army pants, my Green Day t-shirt, and a long sleeved black shirt underneath. I took some cash, cigars, my phone, headphones and keys. I grabbed a beer and left the place. I walked to the park, while listening to music. It was not far away, just a few minutes. I was early. It was 3:20, and Joey is coming in 10 minutes. I sat on the bench and started thinking. Should I really open up to Joey? I mean, I don’t like creating bonds with people. Everybody leaves in some point, and you are just left hurt. How is he going to react? Is he going to be disgusted by my real personality. I have better reasons not to tell him anything. It’s not like this relationship is serious. I lighted my cigarette. I took the last sip of my beer. But yeah, like Emily said, I just have to take it slowly. I took a look at the time. 3:28. He’s going to be here soon. I’m so nervous. Conversations ain’t my good side.

“Hey there, vampire.” I heard Joeys voice, just a few inches behind my ear.
“Oh fuck you. Why do you always do that?” I yelled
“Do what?” – He was acting confused.
“That shitty thing, when you come behind me and scare me. I hate that. If you ever do that again I’m going to behead you.” – I said.
“Should I be scared or…?”
“Very.” I said before he could finish. He smiled and gave me a kiss.
“Beer?” He asked.
“Well of course.” I said and he laughed.
“Your parents don’t bother you about that?” He asked. Oh fuck. Do I tell him the truth? What do I do, what do I do?
“Um… Hey I have an idea. I know this awesome place. Let me take you there.” I said and he took my hand.
“Lets go!” He said, happily. I really liked this place, and I like to go there when I need to think. Plus, it has a great view of the city. We climbed this little hill and there it was. An abandoned old building on the top of the hill. We entered the building and went to the roof. We sat there, with our legs hanging down.

“Wow, this is high. How are you not afraid?” He asked.
“oh, I love heights. Never been afraid of them.” I said.
“Ha, that’s weird. This is a nice place, and gosh, the view.” He said and I just nodded. We sat in silence for some time.
“ I don’t have parents.” What the actual fuck. Why would I say that? It just flew out of my mouth. Fuck.
“What?!” He looked confused.
“I don’t have parents.” I repeated.
“How do you mean, you don’t have parents?”
“My father is dead and my mother left me.” – I said and my mind overloaded with memories of perfect moments I had with my dear dad.
“Oh my god Hayley I didn’t know!”- Joey said. He was so shocked. He opened his mouth but he didn’t know what to say.
“ Well of course you didn’t know. “Hey, hi Joey my name is Hayley and my dad is dead.” That doesn’t go like that you know…”
“Yeah… But oh gosh, I’m in shock! How, what, when? Is it okay if we talk about this?”
“It’s fine. My dad died when I was 12. Bone cancer. He was 30 when he passed away. When he died my mom just packed her stuff and left. She didn’t even fucking said goodbye. She just… Left me. ALONE.” I shouted. “ I was never close with her as I was with my dad, but still, you can’t just leave your 12 year old daughter alone. So I moved from this city to my grandmothers place. Was there until I was 14. I dropped out of school and I decided that I can’t live with her. So I moved back here.” I told him. He just stood there, still in shock.
“So, you are living alone here. And how do you get money if I may ask?” He said. I knew this question is going to come.
“My Grandmother sends me money every month… And I’m a… How do I say this nicely?. “ I looked down and stared at the ground for mew moments. I looked back at Joey. “ I’m a drug dealer. There. I said it.”
His eyes just got bigger. Even bigger than they were before.
“You. You… sell… drugs…?!”
“Yep. You can run away if you want… I won’t be mad.”
“Why would I want to do that? I’m not scared. I won’t leave you.” He said. Well it went better than I expected.
“Yeah, thanks.” I took out two cigars and give one to him.
“But how are you dealing with your fathers death? Are you okay? Cause you seem fine.” Aw yeah, I thought my fake smiles were too obvious. It works! Should I tell him all about me? Should I tell him about self harm? That I’m an alcoholic? That I’m a drug user? No. I can’t. I don’t have the courage.
“I’m fine I admit, I was suicidal for eight or nine months but I went to a therapist and I learned how to deal with everything. I mean, I won’t ever get over dads death but I’m better now, yeah. But I really miss him. I miss him so much Joe, I can’t describe.” Tears started running down my face. “He was my only true friend. My idol, my everything. He taught me how to play guitar and… Everything! He basically taught me everything. Oh how I wish I could bring him back.”
“Oh honey.” He hugged me. His eyes started to tear up too.
“No, no it’s fine.” I said and I wiped my tears away. “ I know that he’s with me somehow, and I’m happy that I ever had a friend like him. Now! Let’s change the subject shall we?”
“Now I need to tell you something. I feel like you told me everything and now I need to tell you the truth.
Hayley, my name is Joseph Armstrong and my father is Billie Joe Armstrong.” Woa, I didn’t expect him to open up to me so soon. I wide opened my mouth and tried to look really surprised.
“YOU FUCKER. I KNEW I KNOW YOU BITCH. YOU WERE SO FAMILIAR TO ME. AND HOW THE HELL DID I NOT PUT TOGETHER YOUR FUCKING FACE AND YOUR NAME I’M SO STUPID OH G… Wait, you know that I’m obsessed with Green Day!? And now… now you think that I’m with you only because of Billie Joe!” I tried my best in acting out this.
“No, no, no, no I believe you totally!” He said, calming me down.
“Oh my god, and you two totally look alike! How did I not see that!” He Laughed.
“So you know that… Billie and Addriene got divorced?” He asked.
“Yeah I know. I will never understand it, they were my OTP, since… Forever.” He looked confused.
“OTP?”
“Oh don’t even ask, but yeah they were always so perfect, I just don’t understand how that happened. How are you feeling?” I asked him, he must be devastated.
“I’m fine strangely. But there’s a bit of a problem. Now I’m with Billie…”
“Billie Joe” I corrected him.
“Hah, okay… I’m with Billie now, but I will be going to spend time with Addriene in a couple of months… And I will be staying there for a few months.” He seemed kinda sad about it.
“Well, when the time comes we will deal with that problem.” I said
“I guess. But I want you to come over tomorrow. I want to meet you with my dad.” Is he mental?!
“You do realize what are you doing to me? I’m going to explode.” He chuckled.
“Don’t exaggerate. You are meeting him tomorrow, I don’t care.”
“Oh god, fine.” I was screaming inside. Billie fucking Joe. I’m going to pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it so far! ^_^